NT Rock Music Thread

Wish You Were Here probably my fav Floyd album.

yep, thats my favorite pink floyd album as well. i feel animals doesnt get shine. its a great album. dark side of the moon is overrated. i made my personal version of dsotm and just end it after money lol.

Yeah,those 3 albums the guy above mentioned should cover it. Daydream Nation being the best, but Dirty slowly becoming my personal favorite. I just like bands that let a chick get on the vocals every now and then, big hole fan, the germs etc., it just revives that Joan Jett and the Blackhearts vibe, I used to get in the early eighties.

Dirty is my favorite SY album but I that’s cause I’m biased to 90’s rock, my favorite type of music and period beside 90’s rap.

Also Hole is really good too. Even with all the trouble Courtney Love had in her personal life, her band drop some quality albums.

damn, its really been 3 yrs since he passed? man how time flies. chris cornell is definitely one of the best rock singers of all time. the lyrics and tone is his voice hit deepest on this track for me.

love this track. dudes went in.

pumpkins are so damn good. i feel they are low key underrated. these guys were neck and neck at a period in time with nirvana. billys voice and writing can go toe to toe with the best in rock.

welcome to the thread.

Never really gave Audioslave a real listen outside of their singles, which I did like for the most part. I think I was just bitter about both RATM and Soundgarden breaking up. I’ll definitely check out more of their stuff soon.

Smashing Pumpkins are one of my personal favorite bands. I think they started losing their recognition after Adore, a record nobody seemed ready for. It’s somehow an electronic and acoustic rock album at the same time, I still like it a ton though. Might have Billy Corgan’s best lyrics too. Also I think people started to realize how much of an ******* and tyrant Corgan was and it rubbed people the wrong way.

Daydream Nation is their masterpiece but might be hard to get into if your not already full into noise rock. I’d start with Dirty or Goo, that’s their first 2 albums they released on a major label and the 2 easiest album I find to put people on.
I really like the No Wave period of music & many ppl say that Sonic Youth was heavily influenced by that era/genre. Most of their stuff I've heard sounds moar polished & less aggressive than anything that's considered No Wave tho, I can srsly just put Sonic Youth into youtube and just let it pick whatever for a couple of hours and get a lot of work done so that's why I say they are good ambient music. still great stuff to listen to when I am want & able to give full attention to the music.

Just realized today is exactly 3 years since Chris Cornell died, RIP. He was a top 5 rock vocalist imo, his ability to just straight up sing was incredible.

His vocal performance on this song is nuts.

Does Pearl Jam still makes new music? CC, Scott Weiland, Eddie Vedder & others maybe had such powerful voices compared to the vocals on alternative rock that's pushed today as Indie Rock. Outshined is a personal favorite, the Minnesota/California line always amused me

Last edited:
Dirty is my favorite SY album but I that’s cause I’m biased to 90’s rock, my favorite type of music and period beside 90’s rap.

Also Hole is really good too. Even with all the trouble Courtney Love had in her personal life, her band drop some quality albums.

hole has some good songs mid-late 90s.

Never really gave Audioslave a real listen outside of their singles, which I did like for the most part. I think I was just bitter about both RATM and Soundgarden breaking up. I’ll definitely check out more of their stuff soon.

Smashing Pumpkins are one of my personal favorite bands. I think they started losing their recognition after Adore, a record nobody seemed ready for. It’s somehow an electronic and acoustic rock album at the same time, I still like it a ton though. Might have Billy Corgan’s best lyrics too. Also I think people started to realize how much of an ******* and tyrant Corgan was and it rubbed people the wrong way.

check out the first audioslave album. its really good. the other 3 albums have some great tracks but overall they are ok.

i liked adore. dont get the hate for it but i agree that people started seeing corgan differently by that time.

I really like the No Wave period of music & many ppl say that Sonic Youth was heavily influenced by that era/genre. Most of their stuff I've heard sounds moar polished & less aggressive than anything that's considered No Wave tho, I can srsly just put Sonic Youth into youtube and just let it pick whatever for a couple of hours and get a lot of work done so that's why I say they are good ambient music. still great stuff to listen to when I am want & able to give full attention to the music.

Does Pearl Jam still makes new music? CC, Scott Weiland, Eddie Vedder & others maybe had such powerful voices compared to the vocals on alternative rock that's pushed today as Indie Rock. Outshined is a personal favorite, the Minnesota/California line always amused me

new pearl jam from about 2 months ago.

Never heard of No Wave or gave the sub genre a listen, might check it out since I like Sonic Youth.

I remember Stuart Scott used to say that California/Minnesota line while doing KG highlights when he was a Timberwolf, I always found it amusing.

Never heard of No Wave or gave the sub genre a listen, might check it out since I like Sonic Youth.

I remember Stuart Scott used to say that California/Minnesota line while doing KG highlights when he was a Timberwolf, I always found it amusing.
"No New York" produced by Brian Eno seams to be Thee No Wave compilation album. James Chance & The Contortions are on about 25% of the album & their material is moar saxophones & James Brown covers compared to other music which gets categorized as No Wave. I think this youtube has the timestamps

(0:00) (3:16) (6:30) (10:19) (15:10) (16:57) (20:50) (21:25) (24:35) (27:05) (30:49) (33:30) (34:37) (36:50) (38:58) (41:38)

the stuff on here that sounds anything like Sonic Youth sounds way moar experimental than anything put out by Sonic Youth IMO.

Last edited:

really good band. eat the elephant is probably their best project.

Back
Top Bottom