NT School me on Ohio vol: is it that bad?

On a related note, does anybody have an opinion on the University of Cincinnati? Just scheduled an interview there and would love some input on the campus and surrounding area.

On a related note, does anybody have an opinion on the University of Cincinnati? Just scheduled an interview there and would love some input on the campus and surrounding area.

Originally Posted by Dr FONClBrICS

Great school. Here's something I found about the U of C:

The University of Cincinnati is ideal for anyone looking to graduate with a solid education and experiences of a lifetime. At UC, there is something for everyone, no matter what background you come from and no matter what your goals are. The faculty and staff are helpful and passionate about helping students learn, so whatever program you choose, you’ll get a good education. Plus, the University is always expanding the curriculum, so students have more and more options of what they can study.

The campus itself is as diverse at the curriculum, so students will be learning something new even if they aren’t in the classroom. UC brings in a variety of speakers, events, and exhibits that promote different ways of thinking and cultures. The majority is not the only group that gets its voice heard. You may not get that experience at another college, so take advantage of the openness that UC provides. Cincinnati is also becoming a more diverse city, so students who are open to going off campus can experience even more. Although safety can be somewhat of a concern and parking totally sucks, UC isn’t as bad as people make it seem. Keep in mind that any college has its pros and cons, and no matter where you are, you’re only as safe as you make yourself. Don’t skip out on UC because of a few factors because there is so much that outweighs the bad.

Read more: http://collegeprowler.com/university-of-cincinnati/#ixzz1823TKfYm

The University of Cincinnati is ideal for anyone looking to graduate with a solid education and experiences of a lifetime. At UC, there is something for everyone, no matter what background you come from and no matter what your goals are. The faculty and staff are helpful and passionate about helping students learn, so whatever program you choose, you’ll get a good education. Plus, the University is always expanding the curriculum, so students have more and more options of what they can study.

The campus itself is as diverse at the curriculum, so students will be learning something new even if they aren’t in the classroom. UC brings in a variety of speakers, events, and exhibits that promote different ways of thinking and cultures. The majority is not the only group that gets its voice heard. You may not get that experience at another college, so take advantage of the openness that UC provides. Cincinnati is also becoming a more diverse city, so students who are open to going off campus can experience even more. Although safety can be somewhat of a concern and parking totally sucks, UC isn’t as bad as people make it seem. Keep in mind that any college has its pros and cons, and no matter where you are, you’re only as safe as you make yourself. Don’t skip out on UC because of a few factors because there is so much that outweighs the bad.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul wrote:

DatzNasty? Is that you?  
laugh.gif

..you miserable piece of thing you..
What? The name is [An]Dwele, Swahili for "God has bought me here." I'm sure you know the meaning of the rest of the names.

So you're still short-sighted twenty minutes later? Oh, okay.

These things don't happen overnight. We have plenty to recover from. Cleveland, in particular, is on the brink of huge developments.

There is nothing that can be done about location. Adjusting the state thermostat, picking out a new climate and adding a luxurious beach are not options. Nor is it something that should be punishable. It's about taking advantage of what you do have.

So you're still short-sighted twenty minutes later? Oh, okay.

These things don't happen overnight. We have plenty to recover from. Cleveland, in particular, is on the brink of huge developments.

There is nothing that can be done about location. Adjusting the state thermostat, picking out a new climate and adding a luxurious beach are not options. Nor is it something that should be punishable. It's about taking advantage of what you do have.

Animal Thug1539 wrote:

20tikjq.gif

Animal Thug1539 wrote:

20tikjq.gif

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

DatzNasty? Is that you?  
laugh.gif

What? The name is Dwele, Swahili for "God has bought me here."

Spoiler [+]
They said I could come back with a new sn but kept denying my new screen names so I had to remove DatZ entirely and become a new persona

Spoiler [+]
GOT EM.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

DatzNasty? Is that you?  
laugh.gif

What? The name is Dwele, Swahili for "God has bought me here."

Spoiler [+]
They said I could come back with a new sn but kept denying my new screen names so I had to remove DatZ entirely and become a new persona

Spoiler [+]
GOT EM.

Thanks for the help Animal Thug. From what I've seen on-line, some of the facilities at UC are amazing (i.e. the fitness center 
eek.gif
). And academically, UC is definitely up there. I'd rather not buy a car while going to school there so I'm not sure if that's feasible. If anybody else would care to chime in, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help Animal Thug. From what I've seen on-line, some of the facilities at UC are amazing (i.e. the fitness center 
eek.gif
). And academically, UC is definitely up there. I'd rather not buy a car while going to school there so I'm not sure if that's feasible. If anybody else would care to chime in, it would be appreciated.

I moved from NYC to Ohio, because of my mom's. I live in a nice white suburbs of Columbus. Let me tell you this is the place you don't want to live, even the people that live in Ohio don't want to live here.

Columbus has some of the fakest cats i've ever met. For some reason the suburban kid's think their all that, because they have money and in the city is not any better.

People in Columbus cannot drive and highway system is so horrible. The city is not nice looking at all. The weather is crappy. Job's are crappy.

No nice diverse club's, the black club's is mad grimey might aswell get shot. Some days you gonna find yourself bored as hell, with a crappy nightlife.

The only thing good the city has it has a lot of bar's, that you can meet some drunk women. A lot of decent colleges around the state, with a lot of school spirit.

Ohio also got some of the finest snow bunnies you ever gonna get to see, especially at Ohio State.

But without Ohio State and high street, columbus will be one of the lamest city's.

I moved from NYC to Ohio, because of my mom's. I live in a nice white suburbs of Columbus. Let me tell you this is the place you don't want to live, even the people that live in Ohio don't want to live here.

Columbus has some of the fakest cats i've ever met. For some reason the suburban kid's think their all that, because they have money and in the city is not any better.

People in Columbus cannot drive and highway system is so horrible. The city is not nice looking at all. The weather is crappy. Job's are crappy.

No nice diverse club's, the black club's is mad grimey might aswell get shot. Some days you gonna find yourself bored as hell, with a crappy nightlife.

The only thing good the city has it has a lot of bar's, that you can meet some drunk women. A lot of decent colleges around the state, with a lot of school spirit.

Ohio also got some of the finest snow bunnies you ever gonna get to see, especially at Ohio State.

But without Ohio State and high street, columbus will be one of the lamest city's.

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

Im born and raised in Columbus, and the highlighted items are blatant lies. 
laugh.gif

How is our weather crappy when you're coming from NYC? Eff outta here. And the highways are terrible? Ok son, and btw, what suburb do you live in? I'm near Gahanna/Blacklick.

Ohio is home to some pretty reputable companies that are Fortune 500 I believe. The jobs are out there dunny, you just gotta find them. 

Go back to NYC if you aren't happy. 
eyes.gif
 . Maybe if you got off High St. and went to Upper Arlington you would find some decent night spots. 

The bunnies at Ohio State though are 
pimp.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
. And they'll go too. 

Originally Posted by Los Benjaminz

Im born and raised in Columbus, and the highlighted items are blatant lies. 
laugh.gif

How is our weather crappy when you're coming from NYC? Eff outta here. And the highways are terrible? Ok son, and btw, what suburb do you live in? I'm near Gahanna/Blacklick.

Ohio is home to some pretty reputable companies that are Fortune 500 I believe. The jobs are out there dunny, you just gotta find them. 

Go back to NYC if you aren't happy. 
eyes.gif
 . Maybe if you got off High St. and went to Upper Arlington you would find some decent night spots. 

The bunnies at Ohio State though are 
pimp.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
. And they'll go too. 

1.  If you've lived in Ohio (hell, if you've even BEEN to Ohio), cool, share you're opinions.  But it's usually just more typical NT behavior with people sharing strong opinions about things they don't have any experience with. 

2.  Every state has an armpit and metro Cleveland isn't the state of Ohio.  Just like Irwindale and Oakland aren't California and Buffalo isn't the State of New York (even though the people hyping NYC try to pretend all that waste north of White Plains isn't part of their state).

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

it's a state just like every other state.

Back
Top Bottom