NT School me on Ohio vol: is it that bad?

Next summer I'm going to head to W.6th and record some of Cleveland's festivities so ya'll can get a glimpse of how Cleveland truly is. It's not as bad as everyone thinks. My only real concern is the increase in crime by these young punks who think they're tough. They're forcing me to have to end up walking with a ratchet at all times. But outside of that, Cleveland is ok. There are indeed jobs here. I'm 24 and been working a decade...good jobs too. You just have to look for them. Yes, the weather sucks but the city ROCKS in the summer and be BLAZING hot. Overall, I've enjoyed my experience. I do wish to VISIT other places but my home will always be Cleveland...

downtown%20cleveland-color%20tattoo.jpg

^Not mine...

Next summer I'm going to head to W.6th and record some of Cleveland's festivities so ya'll can get a glimpse of how Cleveland truly is. It's not as bad as everyone thinks. My only real concern is the increase in crime by these young punks who think they're tough. They're forcing me to have to end up walking with a ratchet at all times. But outside of that, Cleveland is ok. There are indeed jobs here. I'm 24 and been working a decade...good jobs too. You just have to look for them. Yes, the weather sucks but the city ROCKS in the summer and be BLAZING hot. Overall, I've enjoyed my experience. I do wish to VISIT other places but my home will always be Cleveland...

downtown%20cleveland-color%20tattoo.jpg

^Not mine...

The Wright Brothers are acknowledged as inventors of the first airplane they were from Dayton.
%+!! that, hands off the Wright Brothers. That's North Carolina's. That's like Philly stake claim to Kobe's accomplishments or New York staking claim to Jordan's accomplishments.

The Wright Brothers are acknowledged as inventors of the first airplane they were from Dayton.
%+!! that, hands off the Wright Brothers. That's North Carolina's. That's like Philly stake claim to Kobe's accomplishments or New York staking claim to Jordan's accomplishments.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

it was funny for a while now i have nothing but sorrow for ohio after how bron left them

Basically. The jokes aren't funny any more because it's just sad.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

it was funny for a while now i have nothing but sorrow for ohio after how bron left them

Basically. The jokes aren't funny any more because it's just sad.

It's definitley exagerrated. Majority of the people making all the jokes about it have never even been there and are just trying to hard to be cool/funny. I've been to Cincinnati and it's just like any other city IMHO.

It's definitley exagerrated. Majority of the people making all the jokes about it have never even been there and are just trying to hard to be cool/funny. I've been to Cincinnati and it's just like any other city IMHO.

Besides having 4 of the top 10 cities for bed bugs, I have met some real good people from Ohio..........

Besides having 4 of the top 10 cities for bed bugs, I have met some real good people from Ohio..........

Nah. Sure like everyone else you'd always want to live in California, New York, or Florida but living in Ohio hasn't been bad in my perspective. I've lived in a relatively affluent suburb of Cincinnati for a few years now and it really doesn't compare to California which has pretty much everything. You don't come here expecting to have the time of your life, or the best entertainment. Weather is mild in comparison to other regions. We get snow in Cincinnati, but is not the regular foot of snow you may get in Wisconsin, Minnesota, or northern Ohio. During the summer, it gets hot and humid at times, but recently (in the past years) we've been getting lots of bad summer days.

OSU pride is a little overbearing at times I'd admit. Bengals are straight trash. Thankfully the Reds are much better than what they were a few years ago, and going to their games is nice in the summer. People are nice anywhere you go through the area. The hillbillies or rednecks you will probably come across at least once in the Southwest Ohio region probably will have a fat white girlfriend and will wear an Ohio State hoodie. No lie.

As for education, there are some good schools and some bad schools. St. X, Moeller, Colerain, and Elder are pretty good at sports and I think they're even nationally ranked in football. Academics wise, Walnut Hills is the crown-jewel of Cincinnati Public Schools and Wyoming was also ranked as a pretty solid school nationwide. Some bad schools mostly come from the Cincinnati Public Schools district which is financially in deep !!+$, but there are others spread around the region that are pretty bad as well (Little Miami comes to mind). College wise, I'm sure everyone already knows about OSU. I'm still waiting to get accepted to OSU, but I think I'm probably going to get in and it's honestly a real good deal for me considering it's in-state tuition and a good public school (I applied for their pre-pharmacy program). UC is also a good school and has been known for its strong medical program and has had some notable medical achievements in its history.

Nah. Sure like everyone else you'd always want to live in California, New York, or Florida but living in Ohio hasn't been bad in my perspective. I've lived in a relatively affluent suburb of Cincinnati for a few years now and it really doesn't compare to California which has pretty much everything. You don't come here expecting to have the time of your life, or the best entertainment. Weather is mild in comparison to other regions. We get snow in Cincinnati, but is not the regular foot of snow you may get in Wisconsin, Minnesota, or northern Ohio. During the summer, it gets hot and humid at times, but recently (in the past years) we've been getting lots of bad summer days.

OSU pride is a little overbearing at times I'd admit. Bengals are straight trash. Thankfully the Reds are much better than what they were a few years ago, and going to their games is nice in the summer. People are nice anywhere you go through the area. The hillbillies or rednecks you will probably come across at least once in the Southwest Ohio region probably will have a fat white girlfriend and will wear an Ohio State hoodie. No lie.

As for education, there are some good schools and some bad schools. St. X, Moeller, Colerain, and Elder are pretty good at sports and I think they're even nationally ranked in football. Academics wise, Walnut Hills is the crown-jewel of Cincinnati Public Schools and Wyoming was also ranked as a pretty solid school nationwide. Some bad schools mostly come from the Cincinnati Public Schools district which is financially in deep !!+$, but there are others spread around the region that are pretty bad as well (Little Miami comes to mind). College wise, I'm sure everyone already knows about OSU. I'm still waiting to get accepted to OSU, but I think I'm probably going to get in and it's honestly a real good deal for me considering it's in-state tuition and a good public school (I applied for their pre-pharmacy program). UC is also a good school and has been known for its strong medical program and has had some notable medical achievements in its history.

I said this before and I'll say this again, that week I spent in cleveland in the summer of 05 was mad fun! My cousins showed me a great time and the flats (I think that's what's it called) was so full of fine little breezies. I loved my stay there, these dudes on NT be fronting.

I said this before and I'll say this again, that week I spent in cleveland in the summer of 05 was mad fun! My cousins showed me a great time and the flats (I think that's what's it called) was so full of fine little breezies. I loved my stay there, these dudes on NT be fronting.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

What are you talkin' about?..The Wright Brothers lived, grew up in, worked in, and most importantly invented the airplane right here in Dayton..Only reason they went to NC is the weather conditions were better to aid them in their flight attempt..You examples of Kobe and MJ aren't even compairable..

Back
Top Bottom