NT School Me on Philadelphia

All i know about is Gino's and Pats for cheesesteaks.  What are some tourist spots, restaurants, malls, sneaker places, etc....that are must sees. THanks

All i know about is Gino's and Pats for cheesesteaks.  What are some tourist spots, restaurants, malls, sneaker places, etc....that are must sees. THanks

take a bullet proof vest, and if you feeling jelly i hear camden is nice to visit this year.

take a bullet proof vest, and if you feeling jelly i hear camden is nice to visit this year.

check out my homie greenman
greenmanDance.gif

i hear they have a nice R&B scene there...alot of artists come from Philly or relocate to Philly

i hear they have a nice R&B scene there...alot of artists come from Philly or relocate to Philly

Hit up Jim's cheesesteaks on South Street its better than Pat's and Gino's hands down. Theres a couple shoe spots and other stores on south street too. Another place you might want to hit up is Ubiq. King of Prussia is the main go to mall around there so you gotta hit that up to.

Hit up Jim's cheesesteaks on South Street its better than Pat's and Gino's hands down. Theres a couple shoe spots and other stores on south street too. Another place you might want to hit up is Ubiq. King of Prussia is the main go to mall around there so you gotta hit that up to.

philadelphia is so wack. been there 3 times

ask the fresh prince why he moved and didn't want to go back.

philadelphia is so wack. been there 3 times

ask the fresh prince why he moved and didn't want to go back.

dont go shooting some bball outside the school, or else you'll find trouble with a couple of guys who are up to no good

dont go shooting some bball outside the school, or else you'll find trouble with a couple of guys who are up to no good

Lived in Philly summer 09 (moved from DC), we lived in North Philly (Kensington or W. Kensington), not too far from Temple, close to Center City where my wife worked. So I can really only speak on North Philly.

Philly is a dirty city, but the people are pretty friendly. Lots of Muslims, lots of Puerto Ricans (my neighborhood, at least), and it's a real blue collar town where different neighborhoods and sections have a different feel. During the summer, there were always random block parties.

I didn't feel too unsafe where I travelled, but there were some parts of N. Philly where I was glad I could carry my .45 (VA/PA reciprocity ftw). Lots of bars, a lot of places where there are a lot of young people, lot of 'artists'.

Lots of spots to visit, there's South Street in S. Philly, thats probably the most well known nightlife. lots of bars, shops, restaruants down that strip.
Northern Liberties in North Philly has a kind of hipster, crunchy vibe, but there are a lot of good restaurants, nice bars, and genrally people are there to chill.

I'd post more, but I'm sure someone from Philly would have better advice. Maybe post in the Regional forum?

Lived in Philly summer 09 (moved from DC), we lived in North Philly (Kensington or W. Kensington), not too far from Temple, close to Center City where my wife worked. So I can really only speak on North Philly.

Philly is a dirty city, but the people are pretty friendly. Lots of Muslims, lots of Puerto Ricans (my neighborhood, at least), and it's a real blue collar town where different neighborhoods and sections have a different feel. During the summer, there were always random block parties.

I didn't feel too unsafe where I travelled, but there were some parts of N. Philly where I was glad I could carry my .45 (VA/PA reciprocity ftw). Lots of bars, a lot of places where there are a lot of young people, lot of 'artists'.

Lots of spots to visit, there's South Street in S. Philly, thats probably the most well known nightlife. lots of bars, shops, restaruants down that strip.
Northern Liberties in North Philly has a kind of hipster, crunchy vibe, but there are a lot of good restaurants, nice bars, and genrally people are there to chill.

I'd post more, but I'm sure someone from Philly would have better advice. Maybe post in the Regional forum?

I live in Philly. To be honest, our city is whack from the outside looking in, unless you have that appreciation for history and stuff (The Liberty Bell, Declaration of Independence, etc.). Whoever used the word "dirty" is kind of right. If you live here though, you're a Philadelphian to the bone and love every part of it. Anyways...

Sneakers:

- Abakus Takeout on 227 N. 10th Street in Chinatown. Hands down, the best spot you'll find in town. Full of heat, your favorite streetwear brands, and their own. If you walk into Chinatown or The Gallery and find anyone who's dressed "in-style," they'd happily direct you to the store. You can tell 'em Jason back from Central High School told you bout the place, they're real friendly. They usually chill and play Xbox 360 or watch movies on the plasma with customers during the day. Their website is in my sig for anything else.
- Ubiq between 17th and 16th & Walnut Street in Center City is alright too.

Shopping and hanging out in general:

- Downtown Philly, Walnut Street and Chestnut Street. Walnut's full of the big name stores like Urban, Banana Republic, Coach, etc, and Chestnut has the mom-and-pop stores.
- This is more of a drive away from Philly, but it's worth it -- King of Prussia Mall in King of Prussia, PA right down I-76. Second-biggest mall in America... that should speak for itself.
- South Street has a lot of good stores and unique restaurants, along with a nightlife scene.
- Old City is nice with the restaurants and nightlife too.

All-in-all, Philly just has a lot of places to hang and relax. It's nice if you bring a girl -- visit Love Park with that LOVE sign, sit in Rittenhouse Square, go ice skating next to the river at Penn's Landing River Rink, run up the "Rocky Steps" and visit the Art Museum and then chill at the gazebo overlooking the river...

This is all I could really think of for right now. I'm sure I'm leaving a lot out.

I live in Philly. To be honest, our city is whack from the outside looking in, unless you have that appreciation for history and stuff (The Liberty Bell, Declaration of Independence, etc.). Whoever used the word "dirty" is kind of right. If you live here though, you're a Philadelphian to the bone and love every part of it. Anyways...

Sneakers:

- Abakus Takeout on 227 N. 10th Street in Chinatown. Hands down, the best spot you'll find in town. Full of heat, your favorite streetwear brands, and their own. If you walk into Chinatown or The Gallery and find anyone who's dressed "in-style," they'd happily direct you to the store. You can tell 'em Jason back from Central High School told you bout the place, they're real friendly. They usually chill and play Xbox 360 or watch movies on the plasma with customers during the day. Their website is in my sig for anything else.
- Ubiq between 17th and 16th & Walnut Street in Center City is alright too.

Shopping and hanging out in general:

- Downtown Philly, Walnut Street and Chestnut Street. Walnut's full of the big name stores like Urban, Banana Republic, Coach, etc, and Chestnut has the mom-and-pop stores.
- This is more of a drive away from Philly, but it's worth it -- King of Prussia Mall in King of Prussia, PA right down I-76. Second-biggest mall in America... that should speak for itself.
- South Street has a lot of good stores and unique restaurants, along with a nightlife scene.
- Old City is nice with the restaurants and nightlife too.

All-in-all, Philly just has a lot of places to hang and relax. It's nice if you bring a girl -- visit Love Park with that LOVE sign, sit in Rittenhouse Square, go ice skating next to the river at Penn's Landing River Rink, run up the "Rocky Steps" and visit the Art Museum and then chill at the gazebo overlooking the river...

This is all I could really think of for right now. I'm sure I'm leaving a lot out.

Originally Posted by PolarBear LaFlare

im-dead.jpg

Originally Posted by PolarBear LaFlare

im-dead.jpg

Back
Top Bottom