NT, should the ability to "work hard" be included in determining how "smart" someone is?

I see it all the time, someone saying that so and so is very smart but they just don't work hard. Yet, if they were truly smart, wouldn't they understand that hard work plays a large role in determining one's success?

It seems like a huge excuse and let's people feel smart when in fact they're too dumb to realize the benefit of hard work.

What do you guys think? Is it correct to identify all lazy people as "unintelligent" even if they are possess all of the traits an intelligent person normally has?

I see it all the time, someone saying that so and so is very smart but they just don't work hard. Yet, if they were truly smart, wouldn't they understand that hard work plays a large role in determining one's success?

It seems like a huge excuse and let's people feel smart when in fact they're too dumb to realize the benefit of hard work.

What do you guys think? Is it correct to identify all lazy people as "unintelligent" even if they are possess all of the traits an intelligent person normally has?

I definitely think that being hardworking does tie into intelligence to some extent.

HOWEVER, I wouldnt call lazy people unintelligent. Thats just ridiculous. And I would call all hardworking people intelligent.

I definitely think that being hardworking does tie into intelligence to some extent.

HOWEVER, I wouldnt call lazy people unintelligent. Thats just ridiculous. And I would call all hardworking people intelligent.

I wouldn't call "hard work" an ability. Anyone can do it. People just lack motivation or focus.

I wouldn't call "hard work" an ability. Anyone can do it. People just lack motivation or focus.

Im lazy by my own standards, but Im a MENSA member, graduated high school with a 5.125 weighted GPA, took my ACT tipsy without knowing there was a science section on it and scored a 34, so no.

Thats very different from the people that claim theyre smart when theyre failing though, they can be called idiots for all I care

Im lazy by my own standards, but Im a MENSA member, graduated high school with a 5.125 weighted GPA, took my ACT tipsy without knowing there was a science section on it and scored a 34, so no.

Thats very different from the people that claim theyre smart when theyre failing though, they can be called idiots for all I care

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

What? Lol. 

What? Lol. 

Originally Posted by kix4kix

What? Lol. 
lol dude just wanted to gloat

What? Lol. 
lol dude just wanted to gloat

What? Lol. 
the kids in remedial classes still scoring Cs Ds and Fs that still claim theyre smart, they just dont want to put in the work to get good grades, but they could have a 4.0 if they wanted

What? Lol. 
the kids in remedial classes still scoring Cs Ds and Fs that still claim theyre smart, they just dont want to put in the work to get good grades, but they could have a 4.0 if they wanted

Lulz. My man was WAITING for a question like this so he could list his resume. You got a .pdf handy to send so I can frame all this? 
nerd.gif

Lulz. My man was WAITING for a question like this so he could list his resume. You got a .pdf handy to send so I can frame all this? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

nerd.gif
.docx work for you?

Originally Posted by bijald0331

nerd.gif
.docx work for you?

What? Lol. 
Ok buddy. Effort and intelligence are two separate entities. You think someone scoring a 4.8 in school is always the brightest? Grades are far from intellectual gauges. 

Back
Top Bottom