NT True Life: I'm Living In A New City All By Myself

So I'm a 21-year-old college student that has never been on his own. I went to a local school so I never experienced this until now. I was selected for aninternship in Columbia, MO for 10 weeks (two down, eight left) and I accepted without really thinking it out. Now I'm here and completely on my own. Itreally sucks. Culturally, people are very different here. Also, I don't know anyone. I pretty much just stay in my apartment all day watching TV orbrowsing the net like a huge loser. The only thing that keeps me entertained is going to the gym to play ball and lift. The nightlife is nothing like back homebut even if it was, I don't want to go anywhere because it's kind of weird to go out by oneself.

The people at work are all older and are not about to hit up bars/clubs with me. I don't even have a car over here and the public transportation isbasically non-existent. As bad as it sounds, I'm basically counting down the days till I get to go home to see my fam, boys, and shorty. You never reallyknow how much you need the people you love until you spend a holiday all by yourself like I did for this 4th of July.

Are there any people that have gone through the same experience that want to share their stories and/or tips?

i have been through the same thing except i spent 3 years in a city with no family. i went to school there, i made friends by joining random clubs on campus.since it is an internship i don't really think that'll work for you. how about you just look up things that people do there? like go to random eventsand interact with people in the comunity. it is the best way to get out of your comfort zone and meet people you never would have back home.

ask the people you play ball with whats good with the city...

i look forward to being in your postion next year...new city...new life...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

ask the people you play ball with whats good with the city...

i look forward to being in your postion next year...new city...new life...
make friends with dudes you hoop with....thatll lead to you meeting shorties....

i remember a couple months ago you made a post asking if you should take this internship, and we all said you should take it....you might have to just go to aclub by yourself and talk to chick soo you have someone to occupy your time for the next 8 weeks.

pick up the weekly newspaper and see whats going down on the weekends, plan to get my degree and move to Thailand in a couple years as well.

Back
Top Bottom