NT Uber Drivers

Highly considering uber/lyft bc i got laid off at work but im collecting unemployment right now so not sure what to do.

I would only do it if your unemployment eventually runs out. Same thing happened to me. I wasn't about to put mileage and wear and tear on the whip AND take the chance that my unemployment check gets f*****d up.

Huh? If your scared of awkwardness order a UberX. The driver is a random person too, you know?

i get a pool so its cheaper... i dont like to sit in the back so i can get my own space... its like i get my cake and eat it too since i order a pool its cheaper and get my own space... it must be just you cuz every time i get a pool i sit shotgun and dont even plan on talking but the drivers like to talk and make conversations which is cool..

if its a pool why would i sit in the back if shotgun is open?

Highly considering uber/lyft bc i got laid off at work but im collecting unemployment right now so not sure what to do.

Sorry to hear that b. Hope the fam is good.

If your unemployment check is more that what you'd make if you drove for a week then na. I wouldn't risk the wear and tear on your car

Sorry to hear that b. Hope the fam is good.

If your unemployment check is more that what you'd make if you drove for a week then na. I wouldn't risk the wear and tear on your car

Yeah I don’t believe it’s gonna be more than what I’m getting through unemployment. Getting around 900 every two weeks through unemployment and using that and savings to pay bills.

Doesn’t seem like it’s worth it right now.

Damn it's like that. I always chop it up with the Uber driver. I guess I will just sit in the back and ST FU from now on. :lol:
Nah, don’t. Do you. I prefer the talkative riders opposed to the quiet ones with their AirPods in and looking down. Those ppl don’t even know when they’re about to get home.

“Oh, we’re here already?”

:stoneface:

I prefer if you don't talk too much in the back, just as long as it's light convo. You don't need to know what I do full time or anything like that.

Well we both know that subconsciously, I just don't want to overtly tell the driver that he is my servant.

98% of the time, we really don't care about you that much. To me, you're just another ride and a few more dollars in my wallet. You're thinking too much.

We know it is a transaction for services rendered. I don't want to be impersonal or impolite. I guess I'm lucky that most of the drivers I've met were down to earth.

Man, I'm glad I start a new job this weekend. Somebody reported that I was under the influence driving for Lyft and has my account deactivated. It's a complete lie, and I'm tempted to think it has something to do with me canceling on someone and reporting them for sending me a text cursing me out.

This is straight ********.

Sounds like lyft needs to do better research before making assumptions like that.

I've sent them an email already. The Atlanta hub closes at 8pm, might just go down there in person and explain. I've heard of people doing this stuff to get free rides?

Some people cancel mid ride to try and escape the charge. I don’t say anything. Once I get them to where they want to go I call lyft or Uber and tell them what happened, I get my money and the rider still gets charged. Don’t try to skirt the system. It doesn’t work.

What do y'all do for music and stuff? I have a chill playlist I play. Had one cat get mad because I don't have an aux in my car :stoneface: it was literally a 7 minute ride.

I play Spotify. If they wanna listen to something I search it on my Spotify. No, you cannot have my iPhone charger because I’m using to charge my phone and keep this app going. No, you cannot get mad because this lightning cable I’m not giving you is the same lightning cable you DIDN’T have just a minute ago before you got in my car. Deal with it for the next 7-8 minutes.

Depends which city you live in and how much your making from unemployment. In Boston some Full time drivers be making great money.

i get a pool so its cheaper... i dont like to sit in the back so i can get my own space... its like i get my cake and eat it too since i order a pool its cheaper and get my own space... it must be just you cuz every time i get a pool i sit shotgun and dont even plan on talking but the drivers like to talk and make conversations which is cool..

if its a pool why would i sit in the back if shotgun is open?

No lol. Most ppl in here agree with me.

Some drivers are scared to get deactivated so they act different but inside cursing you out.

Try sitting in my front seat, I’ll direct you to the backseat.

Man, I'm glad I start a new job this weekend. Somebody reported that I was under the influence driving for Lyft and has my account deactivated. It's a complete lie, and I'm tempted to think it has something to do with me canceling on someone and reporting them for sending me a text cursing me out.

This is straight bull****.

Passengers can lie about anything and you can get deactivated. They don’t care. Some ppl are heartless to save $8.

What do y'all do for music and stuff? I have a chill playlist I play. Had one cat get mad because I don't have an aux in my car :stoneface: it was literally a 7 minute ride.

I play 80’s and 90’s R&B, Motown classic records, classic rock, lyrical hip hop only none of that new BS, no profanity either.

I searched the front and back seat topic on reddit and quora. I see mixed opinions, but it seems like the consensus does not mind either way.

Yall should read uberpeople.net. It’s a message forum for drivers across many platforms (uber, lyft, food deliver, etcz). The amount of bickering! :lol:

Thinking about starting to drive for uber/Lyft any horror stories

Yeah, girl I know got fired from my other job because she came in drunk. She told me she’s just gonna do Lyft in the meantime.

3 months in she’s in the Newspaper, Lyft driver stabs girl in the neck after dispute. Her mugshot in the paper.

Back
Top Bottom