NT We paid DJ Alex Sensation 10k to play at my sisters birthday and he flaked.

you trippin.  coulda got 2 of the best DJs to step on the hardwood

DJ+MBENGA.jpg

tumblr_kr9oboSMPy1qz9q0mo1_500.jpg

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Alright so like a month ago my mom signed the contract with a music management for New York DJ Alex sensation to appear and play at my sisters sweet 16 for 10k

Whatever its all fine, about 2 weeks before the party we are advised that he won't be able to make it but they will send out another DJ (probably 1/10 the demand of Alex) This pissed us off, I read the contract thoroughly, says both partys must oblige and no delays unless there is a fire, extreme weaver condition, state of emergency, ect. under the New York State law

The reason was because Alex had a promise with a prestigious/expensive party and at last second they had to bump their show up, screwing us. But our agreement was made before the bump, I feel it was a breach of contract.

I could give one single !*@! about Alex sensation and his Barry bonds head but he is what's hot right now and we paid for his service no one else. His signature is smacked on paper. Although it kind of sticky situation because we have a week left to find a DJ while they can still give us a replacement who plays the same stuff

My mom took this to her numbnut lawyer (the girl is seriously an idiot) and she said there was nothing that can be done. I want to take this sucker (management president) to court. What do you think guys, and I'm on my phone so bear with me.
well you could try to get an injunction which would force him to perform the contract, but he will just say he "can't" because of the needs of one client, although you could argue your contract should not be altered because of the other parties need for their even to be moved you can't get injunctive relief that would cause mr dj big head to harm or affect his relationship with another client. at this point what you can do is accept their new dj, but damn sure not for the same price or get a full refund. this contract is known as "enforceable" but it would be way too much of a hassle to get the courts to side with you AND force him to do it in time for your sisters party because civil litigation $$#! in NY is prolly backed up like whoa.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Alright so like a month ago my mom signed the contract with a music management for New York DJ Alex sensation to appear and play at my sisters sweet 16 for 10k

Whatever its all fine, about 2 weeks before the party we are advised that he won't be able to make it but they will send out another DJ (probably 1/10 the demand of Alex) This pissed us off, I read the contract thoroughly, says both partys must oblige and no delays unless there is a fire, extreme weaver condition, state of emergency, ect. under the New York State law

The reason was because Alex had a promise with a prestigious/expensive party and at last second they had to bump their show up, screwing us. But our agreement was made before the bump, I feel it was a breach of contract.

I could give one single !*@! about Alex sensation and his Barry bonds head but he is what's hot right now and we paid for his service no one else. His signature is smacked on paper. Although it kind of sticky situation because we have a week left to find a DJ while they can still give us a replacement who plays the same stuff

My mom took this to her numbnut lawyer (the girl is seriously an idiot) and she said there was nothing that can be done. I want to take this sucker (management president) to court. What do you think guys, and I'm on my phone so bear with me.
well you could try to get an injunction which would force him to perform the contract, but he will just say he "can't" because of the needs of one client, although you could argue your contract should not be altered because of the other parties need for their even to be moved you can't get injunctive relief that would cause mr dj big head to harm or affect his relationship with another client. at this point what you can do is accept their new dj, but damn sure not for the same price or get a full refund. this contract is known as "enforceable" but it would be way too much of a hassle to get the courts to side with you AND force him to do it in time for your sisters party because civil litigation $$#! in NY is prolly backed up like whoa.

Get a more expensive DJ...........Sue him for breach of contract and make him pay the difference between him and the new DJ.

Get a more expensive DJ...........Sue him for breach of contract and make him pay the difference between him and the new DJ.

Originally Posted by dt24

Should be able to get your money back and tear up contract. However, you would then have a week to find and book a DJ from another company. However, if the new DJ (Alex's replacement from OG company) plays at the party you are obliged to pay the agreed upon amount because you have to pay the company for providing their services (which in your case is 10k). That's how I believe it works in Cali but I'm assuming NY is similar.
i learned in my business law class that record company is obligated to give you something similar. since they cant because his services are special, if you go out and spend money to find someone else, the company must pay you back the 10K PLUS however much funds spent to go find another DJ b/c they were bound to the contract.

I cant believe no one has talked about how much bread his fam got... 10K? Lawyers?

yall rollin, fam. lol.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

x6evc6.jpg
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dt24

Should be able to get your money back and tear up contract. However, you would then have a week to find and book a DJ from another company. However, if the new DJ (Alex's replacement from OG company) plays at the party you are obliged to pay the agreed upon amount because you have to pay the company for providing their services (which in your case is 10k). That's how I believe it works in Cali but I'm assuming NY is similar.
i learned in my business law class that record company is obligated to give you something similar. since they cant because his services are special, if you go out and spend money to find someone else, the company must pay you back the 10K PLUS however much funds spent to go find another DJ b/c they were bound to the contract.

I cant believe no one has talked about how much bread his fam got... 10K? Lawyers?

yall rollin, fam. lol.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

x6evc6.jpg
laugh.gif

Recession? What Recession? If 10k was for the DJ alone I could only imagine what the rest of the party cost. Heck me and my wife got married on a beach in the Cayman Islands staying at the Ritz Carlton in a fully furnished condominium for 5 days that opened up to 7 Mile Beach,  including a brand new Jeep Wrangler to drive around the island, 8 mile open water jet-ski trip, private tour of the island and we only paid 7k TOTAL including the actual wedding and air fare. And they talking 10k just for a DJ to spin some tunes? Wow. I guess I'm ignorant to how much DJ's cost.

Recession? What Recession? If 10k was for the DJ alone I could only imagine what the rest of the party cost. Heck me and my wife got married on a beach in the Cayman Islands staying at the Ritz Carlton in a fully furnished condominium for 5 days that opened up to 7 Mile Beach,  including a brand new Jeep Wrangler to drive around the island, 8 mile open water jet-ski trip, private tour of the island and we only paid 7k TOTAL including the actual wedding and air fare. And they talking 10k just for a DJ to spin some tunes? Wow. I guess I'm ignorant to how much DJ's cost.

taking it to court is pointless, they HAVE to give him his money back if he doesn't A. get the original DJ or B. agree to a replacement DJ. The only reason he would have to go to court is to get the original DJ to fulfill the contract, but that matter is NOT going to be settled in a weeks time and is therefore a moot point because his sister needs a new DJ asap.

Back
Top Bottom