NT We paid DJ Alex Sensation 10k to play at my sisters birthday and he flaked.

taking it to court is pointless, they HAVE to give him his money back if he doesn't A. get the original DJ or B. agree to a replacement DJ. The only reason he would have to go to court is to get the original DJ to fulfill the contract, but that matter is NOT going to be settled in a weeks time and is therefore a moot point because his sister needs a new DJ asap.

Theres many DJs out there that can do the same job as Alex Sensation for a fraction of the cost.
Your family just paid for a name and the "status" that it represents, but Im going to assume that you guys know this.

Theres many DJs out there that can do the same job as Alex Sensation for a fraction of the cost.
Your family just paid for a name and the "status" that it represents, but Im going to assume that you guys know this.

10k for a DJ?? Damn!!!!

There's plenty of DJ's in the tri-state area you could've got less than half.

10k for a DJ?? Damn!!!!

There's plenty of DJ's in the tri-state area you could've got less than half.

That's some bs crank....do all that you can to get your money back...I wouldn't want him there if he didn't want to be there. It doesn' matter that another party had to move their date, you all had a set date. his mgmt f'd up

and oh, 10k for a dj for a sweet 16...where they do that at? ( LOL I had to)

I'm wondering what is the big deal with a dj anyway,set your ipod playlist and then have someone holla on the mike every now and then...no disrespect to any of you on the board but DJs are overrated in my humble opinion in this day and age

That's some bs crank....do all that you can to get your money back...I wouldn't want him there if he didn't want to be there. It doesn' matter that another party had to move their date, you all had a set date. his mgmt f'd up

I'm wondering what is the big deal with a dj anyway,set your ipod playlist and then have someone holla on the mike every now and then...no disrespect to any of you on the board but DJs are overrated in my humble opinion in this day and age

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Recession? What Recession? If 10k was for the DJ alone I could only imagine what the rest of the party cost. Heck me and my wife got married on a beach in the Cayman Islands staying at the Ritz Carlton in a fully furnished condominium for 5 days that opened up to 7 Mile Beach,  including a brand new Jeep Wrangler to drive around the island, 8 mile open water jet-ski trip, private tour of the island and we only paid 7k TOTAL including the actual wedding and air fare. And they talking 10k just for a DJ to spin some tunes? Wow. I guess I'm ignorant to how much DJ's cost.

Damn son, INCLUDING your wedding? So how much did your wedding cost? $900? Where'd you get married in one of those Elvis themed chapels in Vegas?

Recession? What Recession? If 10k was for the DJ alone I could only imagine what the rest of the party cost. Heck me and my wife got married on a beach in the Cayman Islands staying at the Ritz Carlton in a fully furnished condominium for 5 days that opened up to 7 Mile Beach,  including a brand new Jeep Wrangler to drive around the island, 8 mile open water jet-ski trip, private tour of the island and we only paid 7k TOTAL including the actual wedding and air fare. And they talking 10k just for a DJ to spin some tunes? Wow. I guess I'm ignorant to how much DJ's cost.

Damn son, INCLUDING your wedding? So how much did your wedding cost? $900? Where'd you get married in one of those Elvis themed chapels in Vegas?

for 10K you could of got your lil sister fav r&b act minus usher, (with about 2500 to spare)
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Informerx

Yeah that's including the wedding. We got married on the actual beach by an ordained minister. We got professional photo's both in print and on a CD, and a custom made rum cake as well. The Ritz hooked up the condo while we was at the wedding so when we got back to the room there was rose petals sprinkled on the floor that led to the bedroom and a bottle of Champagne sitting on ice. Then that night a real "baller" went above and beyond with their wedding...dude had a personal firework show on the beach for his wedding. Not a cheap one, this thing was a huge production, the fireworks were launched from a mini-barge offshore. We was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. There are some rich people in this world.

Yeah that's including the wedding. We got married on the actual beach by an ordained minister. We got professional photo's both in print and on a CD, and a custom made rum cake as well. The Ritz hooked up the condo while we was at the wedding so when we got back to the room there was rose petals sprinkled on the floor that led to the bedroom and a bottle of Champagne sitting on ice. Then that night a real "baller" went above and beyond with their wedding...dude had a personal firework show on the beach for his wedding. Not a cheap one, this thing was a huge production, the fireworks were launched from a mini-barge offshore. We was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Damn, that's mad cheap then

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Damn, that's mad cheap then

Honestly, the amount of stupidity in this thread is ridiculous. First off, I have no idea who this Alex Sensation character is, nor do I really care to know, however if he's the voice of a spanish station that's probably why. As a Dj, 10,000+ is an amount usually reserved for some top level talent. Steve Aoki and Afrojack play for a similar amount, and they pack out places down here in Miami like Mansion and Liv. Heck Steve Angello who just got named one of the top Dj's in the world in conjunction with Swedish House Mafia plays for 15-20, so this Alex Sensation character better be doing something special on the spanish side of things. Most people tend to skimp on the Dj, but they fail to remember that it's an intricate part of any party. I rarely sweet sixteen's or a lot of private events for that matter, but I remember when I first started out and I interacted with some of the sweet sixteen dj's and realized how awful most of them were. A lot of them had no business saying they were a DJ, and they knew it, but because they were in the business of under cutting each other, it didn't really matter to them. Remember u get what you pay for, and I've heard some awful individuals over the years, because people couldn't see the logic of paying for talent.

On to the contract at hand, there is absolutely no way you should stand for that. When hiring one of us, you're paying not only for our skill set, but for our name. It's obvious that you aren't being provided either of those, legally they can't say they are sending a comparable replacement. That's like saying; " Well you hired Jay-Z, he can't do it, so we'll send you...umm....Jaz-O?" Clearly an outlandish comparison, but on that's the same.

I realize your sisters big day is only a week, away, but I wouldn't stand for that. You're being treated like coach paying individuals, when you are clearly paying first class.

P.S.: Rony Seikly's one of the best talents in Miami right now. He played the Surcomber Pool Party over July 4th weekend and absolutely murdered it. He was playing with the #1 Dj in the world, Armin Van Buuren who comands over 75k a night.

Honestly, the amount of stupidity in this thread is ridiculous. First off, I have no idea who this Alex Sensation character is, nor do I really care to know, however if he's the voice of a spanish station that's probably why. As a Dj, 10,000+ is an amount usually reserved for some top level talent. Steve Aoki and Afrojack play for a similar amount, and they pack out places down here in Miami like Mansion and Liv. Heck Steve Angello who just got named one of the top Dj's in the world in conjunction with Swedish House Mafia plays for 15-20, so this Alex Sensation character better be doing something special on the spanish side of things. Most people tend to skimp on the Dj, but they fail to remember that it's an intricate part of any party. I rarely sweet sixteen's or a lot of private events for that matter, but I remember when I first started out and I interacted with some of the sweet sixteen dj's and realized how awful most of them were. A lot of them had no business saying they were a DJ, and they knew it, but because they were in the business of under cutting each other, it didn't really matter to them. Remember u get what you pay for, and I've heard some awful individuals over the years, because people couldn't see the logic of paying for talent.

On to the contract at hand, there is absolutely no way you should stand for that. When hiring one of us, you're paying not only for our skill set, but for our name. It's obvious that you aren't being provided either of those, legally they can't say they are sending a comparable replacement. That's like saying; " Well you hired Jay-Z, he can't do it, so we'll send you...umm....Jaz-O?" Clearly an outlandish comparison, but on that's the same.

I realize your sisters big day is only a week, away, but I wouldn't stand for that. You're being treated like coach paying individuals, when you are clearly paying first class.

P.S.: Rony Seikly's one of the best talents in Miami right now. He played the Surcomber Pool Party over July 4th weekend and absolutely murdered it. He was playing with the #1 Dj in the world, Armin Van Buuren who comands over 75k a night.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Did you tell your wife that the fireworks were your idea/for her?
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Did you tell your wife that the fireworks were your idea/for her?
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom