NT, What Are You Reading? Vol. 2010

361459.jpg

I seriously thought I was a manic, but read this and quickly dropped that assumption. In short, it's a beautifully well written autobiography about living with Manic-Depression.

Bought The Passage by Justin Cronin on my Kindle last week and haven't stopped reading (between schoolwork) since.

I'm about 3/4 done with the Firm, and looking into reading Sh*t My Dad Says, The Alchemist, or The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.

Just finished The Cult Of Osiris by Andy McDermott. Plenty of action and sweet stuff about Ancient Egypt.

I NEED to go to Egypt asap!

'Zombie Survival Guide'
'Guns, Germs and Steel' on and off. It's been a while since I've picked it up, and I'm only halfway through. I gotta finish that $@%@ up before I need to go back and refresh my memory on certain things.

Ended up going to Barnes & Nobles this morning and copped "%#%+ My Dad Says". Definitely gonna get "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" next time.

Bought a Kindle last week. Just started reading "Into Thin Air". Pretty good so far.

Can anyone recommend any "smart" novels with clever writing, good vocabulary, and/or complex plot that still manage to be entertaining?

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

Bought a Kindle last week. Just started reading "Into Thin Air". Pretty good so far.

Can anyone recommend any "smart" novels with clever writing, good vocabulary, and/or complex plot that still manage to be entertaining?
Read any of Salinger's stuff outside of Catcher in the Rye.

Currently reading On the Road.

Just finished the Dhammapada
Nice, I'm on chapter XVI.

Recently completed King Leopold' Ghost - Adam Hochschild. An inspiring read. 
Also, in the fiction section I've completed A Portrait of The Artist As A Young Man and Dubliners - James Joyce

Those who are looking into humor, I suggest Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers-Mary Roach. 
pimp.gif

As for now I've started The MISMEASURE of Man - Stephen Jay Gould. I'm also waiting to be delivered a bulk of other non-fiction books. 

Forgot to mention Lupe Fiasco is starting a "Book Club." I'm intrigued as to where he might go with it. He is giving those who are going to follow one week to complete a book. He is beginning with "Empire of Illusion"- Chris Hedges. 

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

So I recently learned Tolstoy wrote a book on Islam, but it was banned because the USSR was attempting to force atheism on the population.  There is much reason to believe he apparently died Muslim.

Took some time but I found it online.  If anyone would like more information, shoot me PM.

63016911066aa93aa16b0d08515616a4de7c8fdd_r.jpg

Back:
f143645d118e0e7b617da2b7398ba68f5a436df0_r.jpg
eek.gif

pimp.gif

Just finished Theories of Relativity by Barbara Haworth-Attard . It's a nice short book recommended by an NTer.

Back
Top Bottom