NT, What Are You Reading? Vol. 2010

Im reading 'Sunflower' by Simon Wiesenthal for school and im also reading 'The Great Gatsby' for a second time on my own.

Franzen_Freedom.jpg

I need to read the book about the guy who went undercover in a white country club....

But I have read
Boardwalk Empire
Empire of the Summer Moon
Accidental Billionaires
Girl With the Dragon tattoo
Declaration

Anyone have anything interesting about the Mob....specifically capone type of stuff.

Not Capone stuff, but a book about an ex-hitman that's an easy and entertaining read is Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell.

Thanks, anyone read up about Pablo Escobar...there are a lot of books about him I don't know what to read.

sounds like some good books in here I think I need to look into.

last one i read was hill harpers the conversation.

Most recently just finished this after a couple books by Chuck Palahniuk.

bg4yg.jpg

Lately reading these on my down time inbetween classes or taking a dump.

2cp6hdj.jpg

Originally Posted by demik

Ended up going to Barnes & Nobles this morning and copped "%#%+ My Dad Says". Definitely gonna get "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" next time.
Just finished it!
pimp.gif

Any more books like The Alchemist? I just returned it & I'm currently reading Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell. I'm enjoying it so far.

after finishing Enders Shadow i fell all the way off 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

scooped up Howard zinn peoples history of USA

seems alright

Originally Posted by wisache15

demik wrote:

Ended up going to Barnes & Nobles this morning and copped "%#%+ My Dad Says". Definitely gonna get "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" next time.
Just finished it!
pimp.gif

re-reading it for the third time.

easily my fav book.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by wisache15

demik wrote:

Just finished it!
pimp.gif

re-reading it for the third time.

easily my fav book.
laugh.gif
You two are making me wanna go back and get it. I read like the first 5-6 pages and it seemed interesting, but ended up getting "%%!# My Dad Says", since it seemed like an easy entertaining read.

#$@$ My Dad Says was pretty funny, the show is a damn disappointment compared to the book.

But yeah, go back and get it.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Thanks, anyone read up about Pablo Escobar...there are a lot of books about him I don't know what to read.

I've read Killing Pablo by Mark Bowden and it is a good read about his rise and fall.

also, watch sins of my father. pretty good documentary about his son and the @%%% he had to deal with thanks to his dad

i read the average american male, by chad kultgen last night
and i'm pissed that i read this after reading i hope they serve beer in hell by tucker max

that book is %#*$+#! epic. a hilarious read, ive never laughed that hard at anything before

this guy tries way to hard to be tucker max, and doesnt come close

it was decent book, kinda funny but not even near as entertaining as IHTSBIH

I finished these relatively short, but great, books in the last couple weeks:

A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood. (The movie was great as well.)

god: The Failed Hypothesis by Victor J. Stenger.

N-Word by Randall Kennedy.

And I just started The Da Vinci Code today.

Back
Top Bottom