NT, What Are You Reading? Vol. 2010

Originally Posted by johngotty

Originally Posted by jpap348

devil_white_city1.jpg
^ Someone I trust gave me that one. Haven't started reading yet...even though I've had it for a year
laugh.gif

Anybody interested in Freakonomics (sp) will/should enjoy Gang Leader For A Day. Look it up.

Currently reading - The Big Payback. Pretty good.

On deck - Decoded (eventually) and Public Enemy's It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back (33 1/3)
thanks will do in future ( this is basically a chapter in freakonomics dealing with how much gangs make and why they still live with their moms
laugh.gif
)

--No comic thread so I'll post what I'm reading here.

--Batman: The Dark Knight #1. Came out Wednesday. Written and drawn by FINCH. Recommended.
--Scalped
--John Byrne's Next Men
--Ultimate Avengers III
--Ultimate Spider-Man
--HellBlazer
--The Boys
--Star Wars Legacy
--The Avengers

I was actually thinking about starting to read again after a while. So i come on NT and see this thread that I have never seen before. Kind of scary that it was at the top of the list. But anyways...

Going to probably get freakonomics, kite runner, and or the alchemist

Do you guys usually buy or check the books out at the library? Grateful to see this thread on NT =)

Originally Posted by DEMIZE

I was actually thinking about starting to read again after a while. So i come on NT and see this thread that I have never seen before. Kind of scary that it was at the top of the list. But anyways...

Going to probably get freakonomics, kite runner, and or the alchemist

Do you guys usually buy or check the books out at the library? Grateful to see this thread on NT =)

All 3 are good choices. I'd put The Alchemist at the top though.
If the book is available at the library, I don't mind checking it out. But most books that I'm interested in aren't available at the library. I try buying used if possible. Looking into a kindle.

Forgot to mention this one:

lights-out.jpg

Originally Posted by 365k

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by 365k

My girlfriend gave me the Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao for Christmas, and her sister gave me a gift card for Barnes and Noble. I'm either looking to pick up Freakonomics or Kite Runner.

Been hearing that Kite Runner is a really great book. I'll check out The Alchemist once I head over to Barnes and Noble though. Went through these 30+ pages in this thread and, most NTers have been posting this one up.

Oscar Wao is an incredibly good book.
Apparently my girlfriend saw me digging through this thread and decided to give it to me.
laugh.gif

I was in shock to get this but, so far just reading the back of the book and what other NTers are saying about it, it does seem hilarious. 
pimp.gif

BTW, anymore Freakonomics feedback?? Leaning over on getting this one.
grin.gif
Just copped.  Dope, dope read so far.

Have you all read the Harry Potter books? Just curious. I did, maybe it is the effect of starting when I was younger but reading those books is crack, I can never put them down. It makes me very on writing my own book, just would never have any idea how to start or plot line it out. I can't think that many steps ahead =/
Oh and READ Sherlock Holmes: The Memoirs (or any of them).  Those books are awesome.  Such great stories. 

Originally Posted by KING OF ERV

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Thanks, anyone read up about Pablo Escobar...there are a lot of books about him I don't know what to read.

I've read Killing Pablo by Mark Bowden and it is a good read about his rise and fall.
Killing Pablo is one of the best books I've ever read.

I've been on:
51CFo8P4XiL.jpg

Originally Posted by roc4life24

Originally Posted by johngotty

Originally Posted by jpap348

devil_white_city1.jpg
^ Someone I trust gave me that one. Haven't started reading yet...even though I've had it for a year
laugh.gif

Anybody interested in Freakonomics (sp) will/should enjoy Gang Leader For A Day. Look it up.

Currently reading - The Big Payback. Pretty good.

On deck - Decoded (eventually) and Public Enemy's It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back (33 1/3)
thanks will do in future ( this is basically a chapter in freakonomics dealing with how much gangs make and why they still live with their moms
laugh.gif
)
I can't remember dude's name but he has a small segment in Freakanomics. The Gang... book is an expansion on that and I found it to be much more engaging than Freakanomics.

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Have you all read the Harry Potter books? Just curious. I did, maybe it is the effect of starting when I was younger but reading those books is crack, I can never put them down. It makes me very on writing my own book, just would never have any idea how to start or plot line it out. I can't think that many steps ahead =/
Oh and READ Sherlock Holmes: The Memoirs (or any of them).  Those books are awesome.  Such great stories. 
You don't need an outline to write a novel. Start writing and let the prose take you forward.

Currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Dude is such a pimp, highly recommend reading any of his works.

EDIT: Just finished reading:
Eating Animals - Jonathan Safran Foer
Into Thin Air - Jon Krakauer

Have moved on to:

Superfreakonomics

have about 50 more in the queue...I LOVE my Sony E-Reader. 

in search of now but anxiously waiting for charlaine harris' new sookie stackhouse novel.

just got the kite runner, should have got it from the library....15$, too much for me lol

Finishing up "Justice" by Michael J. Sandel then planning to start "The Devil in the White City."
pimp.gif
 Dorian Gray swag. Wasn't Oscar Wilde rumored to be gay? 

Currently reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. Dude is such a pimp, highly recommend reading any of his works.

Currently reading:

lostsymbol.jpg

Definitely worth the read..

Gonna peep the new Jay-Z book when I'm finished with this..

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Finishing up "Justice" by Michael J. Sandel then planning to start "The Devil in the White City."
pimp.gif
 Dorian Gray swag. Wasn't Oscar Wilde rumored to be gay? 

Yeah he was definitely %%%$+
laugh.gif

People that have read american psycho and seen the movie, is the book better or any different? Ive seen the movie.

Back
Top Bottom