NT, What Are You Reading? Vol. 2010

devil_white_city1.jpg

I'm planning on going to B&N tonight, what book should I pick up if I'm into:

- Conspiracies
- Masons
- And pretty much any book that's worth it

gonna look into The Alchemist and The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao from some of you guys suggestions
but i just copped Rebel Without A Crew by Robert Rodriguez and Decoded by Jay-Z

anybody ever read The Wu Manual & The Tao of Wu by RZA??? what exactly are those about???

Originally Posted by Dr FONClBrICS

Thinking about picking up Ender's Game. Haven't read it in years.

Just picked up The Kite Runner.

based off three different book threads i searched for on NT this pops up every time

scooped up kite runner to read after "empire"

My girlfriend gave me the Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao for Christmas, and her sister gave me a gift card for Barnes and Noble. I'm either looking to pick up Freakonomics or Kite Runner.

Been hearing that Kite Runner is a really great book. I'll check out The Alchemist once I head over to Barnes and Noble though. Went through these 30+ pages in this thread and, most NTers have been posting this one up.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

the_alchemist.jpg

If you haven't read this book, you should
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
get this book.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Reading this now [/color]
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Before the Alchemist, I read :[/color]

n217322.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Great book! Really enjoyed this
pimp.gif
[/color]

If you guys dig spiritual poetry/book of proverbs from the bible/easter philosophy you HAVE to read The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran... must've read it like 3 times already

Originally Posted by 365k

My girlfriend gave me the Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao for Christmas, and her sister gave me a gift card for Barnes and Noble. I'm either looking to pick up Freakonomics or Kite Runner.

Been hearing that Kite Runner is a really great book. I'll check out The Alchemist once I head over to Barnes and Noble though. Went through these 30+ pages in this thread and, most NTers have been posting this one up.

Oscar Wao is an incredibly good book.

I don't like this one nearly as much as The Alchemist:
pilgrimage.jpg

Finally got around to reading this. Great read:

Image.ashx

Great book for anyone. Discusses posture in depth and how to correct bad posture.

51hfg6AG-cL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Apparently my girlfriend saw me digging through this thread and decided to give it to me.
laugh.gif

I was in shock to get this but, so far just reading the back of the book and what other NTers are saying about it, it does seem hilarious. 
pimp.gif

BTW, anymore Freakonomics feedback?? Leaning over on getting this one.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by roc4life24

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Apparently my girlfriend saw me digging through this thread and decided to give it to me.
laugh.gif

I was in shock to get this but, so far just reading the back of the book and what other NTers are saying about it, it does seem hilarious. 
pimp.gif

BTW, anymore Freakonomics feedback?? Leaning over on getting this one.
grin.gif
freakonomics is a good read. breaks down every day stuff into financial terms. he connects very random things , like sumo wrestlers and teacher  kkk and real estate agents and true earnings of drug dealers all makes sense though

Originally Posted by jpap348

devil_white_city1.jpg
^ Someone I trust gave me that one. Haven't started reading yet...even though I've had it for a year
laugh.gif

Anybody interested in Freakonomics (sp) will/should enjoy Gang Leader For A Day. Look it up.

Currently reading - The Big Payback. Pretty good.

On deck - Decoded (eventually) and Public Enemy's It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back (33 1/3)

Back
Top Bottom