NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

^^ are you in Richmond?...if so, hello to a fellow Richmonder!!...have you heard about The Batchery?...new brewery coming to Church Hill...

Im from Northern VA but go to VCU. Been here a few years now. I gotta try that place out!

Name Pliny the Younger

Brewery Russian River Brewing Company

Style Triple India Pale Ale

ABV 11.0%

Availability Once a year (February or March); Very limited draft only release.

I'll probably never get to try it. :lol:

Has anyone?

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/863/21690

many have. i got to try it last year. i dont think it lived up to the hype considering that elder is way easier to find.

i didn't even have to wait in line or anything. i just randomly popped into a beer bar here in SD not knowing it was available :lol:

So I get a text from a friend the other day.
Says he got something from Belgium he wants me to see.
Send me this picture:

:wow:
Got a sixer and half are mine.

-J-

So I get a text from a friend the other day.
Says he got something from Belgium he wants me to see.
Send me this picture:

eek.gif

Got a sixer and half are mine.

-J-
Niiiiiiiice. I got a friend who picked up some Westvleteren, huge waiting lines.

Domestic
Coors lite
PBR

Wheats
Widmer Heffeweizen
Shock Top

Amber Ale

Fat Tire
Alaskan Amber

Lager
Sessions
Red Stripe

IPA
Ninkasi Total Domination

Imports

Heinekin
Dos Equis
Tecate
Corona
Guiness

I'm sure II'm forgetting a looooon list of beers that I drink on the regular but this is what immediately pops into my head. Cheers bros

Last edited:
Has anyone traded/shipped beer across the country? Need some info how to go about doing this.

anybody who is into barelywine should definitely try this. will attempt to pick up more for the weekend :pimp:

Any one try the Barrel Aged Big Foot from Sierra Nevada? I called my local spot and they said they would hold one for me. Got there after work and of course the dude says they are all gone. SMH.

Not a surprise...the state of Kansas got one case of it. It all went to one store near me, and they sold every bottle to employees. One of them posted on a local craft beer message board stating as much, and when someone asked the store on their Facebook page if it was true, dude got all mad and offended that someone would be mad about it. Don't put it out there in public and expect people not to be a little upset about it.

Thats crazy man. I know a guy locally who went into a whole foods and he bought out the entire case. The dumbo working the register didn't know about the one per customer limit. My two usual spots sold out within a half hour. Didn't say how much they actually got in.

Really been doing a lot of Cherry Wheat sam adams and stella artois as of late. Can't complain, those are among my favorite beers. Anyone have any recommendations as far as wheat beers that are available in the midwest?

Anyone going down to Hunaphu day at Cigar City in Tampa? If I didn't have to work this weekend I would be making the 8 hour ride down with a few friends. 4 of them are going down just for the release party and bush gardens the day before. Lucky SOBs...

^ Never knew that existed Stillen729, seems interesting. Honestly haven't had too much from Dogfish Head other than their 90 min ipa and peach beer. There's such a big selection from Dogfish Head, do you have any recommendations as far as what their best bottles are?

Made some pickups recently, plan to age most of them for a few months.

From left to right: 2013 Sierra Nevada barrel-aged bigfoot, Hitachino Nest commemorative ale, stone brewery enjoy by 4.01.13, kasteel cuvee de chateau, lost abbey red poppy, hitachino nest xh (extra high), sierra nevada again.

^

Bought this based the review in this thread. Very drinkable and has a clean taste (a hint of orange), it might be because of the water used. Nothing special, but a good way to introduce or ease someone into craft beer.

^ Russian River Salvation, a VERY good dark ale. It's been a long time since i've had it, but from what I remember it is really smooth and drinkable, almost like the St. Bernardus Christmas ale, but with less spices.

^ Another purchase based on NT reviews, haven't had yet but looking forward to it.

I can't hang with the IPA's fambs. I don't know why, it's just not my cup O' tea. I'm an avid beer drinker, but only like 1 IPA and I've tired many. For some reason it doesn't quench my thirst like many of the other beers do, if that makes sense.

^ Never knew that existed Stillen729, seems interesting. Honestly haven't had too much from Dogfish Head other than their 90 min ipa and peach beer. There's such a big selection from Dogfish Head, do you have any recommendations as far as what their best bottles are?

I know a lot of people think DFH is really hit-and-miss, I've never had anything of theirs I didn't like. 75 Minute IPA, Indian Brown Ale, Festina Peche, Aprihop and Black & Blue are my favorites though. Still need to try ******* Brew, Hellhound On My Ale, Fort (got two vintages of this cellaring right now), World Wide Stout, 120 Minute IPA and everything else I haven't had yet. Haha.

I was planning on going to Founder's to pick up some of this year's batch of KBS, but then my buddy told me they had a presale and it's sold out. :smh:

They made a 3x larger batch this year because last year's batch sold out in hours.

Made some pickups recently, plan to age most of them for a few months.

From left to right: 2013 Sierra Nevada barrel-aged bigfoot, Hitachino Nest commemorative ale, stone brewery enjoy by 4.01.13, kasteel cuvee de chateau, lost abbey red poppy, hitachino nest xh (extra high), sierra nevada again.

let me know how that red poppy is

I can't hang with the IPA's fambs. I don't know why, it's just not my cup O' tea. I'm an avid beer drinker, but only like 1 IPA and I've tired many. For some reason it doesn't quench my thirst like many of the other beers do, if that makes sense.

eh, if you don't like it, you don't like it. ballast point's sculpin is generally liked by everybody. i've had girls who don't drink beer at all say they like it...you should give that a try.

Last edited:
I've had Hitachino Red Rice and White Ale. Enjoyed both.
Let us know how those 2 that you have are.

-J-

I was planning on going to Founder's to pick up some of this year's batch of KBS, but then my buddy told me they had a presale and it's sold out. :smh:

They made a 3x larger batch this year because last year's batch sold out in hours.

$5 to reserve a spot in line and those sold out in a matter of hours... I saw a 6 pack of Hopslam yesterday and was simply amazed... so I bought it.

I didn't get any KBS this year either. But I did buy a case of FBS so I guess I'll have to settle. Second year I've gotten Hopslam and I didn't enjoy this year's batch as much as I remember enjoying it last year. But I also hear NCs distribution center sat on cases for almost 10weeks...

Drinking on some Highlands Seasonal Devils Britches IPA for the rivalry weekend. I just hope I'm not too smashed by the time UNC n Dook roles around at 9pm lol

I had one meal at 3pm yesterday and I drank a 211 at 7pm, drove home at 10pm, headache by 10:30

I need to stop not eating and then drinking

It has a fruity taste to it i dont know 
laugh.gif

But the blue moon goes first 
smokin.gif

Edit:

Theres actually a special way to make it. 

I like both so I'll have to give this a try. On another note tried Mother's milk the other day

Good beer fellas

Back
Top Bottom