NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Thats crazy man. I know a guy locally who went into a whole foods and he bought out the entire case. The dumbo working the register didn't know about the one per customer limit. My two usual spots sold out within a half hour. Didn't say how much they actually got in.

guy on the tour we took last weekend said that there's an employee at sierra nevada that saves a ton of bigfoot barleywine every year, keeps it in his root cellar. waits for it to age. says that around year 7, ( :wow: ) it finally mellows, is less carbonated, pours so smooth and is the greatest liquid to ever put in your mouth.

i suggest everybody who is into 'different' beers to try this. it's honestly like eating a warhead or sour patch candy. this stuff is :pimp:

I can't hang with the IPA's fambs. I don't know why, it's just not my cup O' tea. I'm an avid beer drinker, but only like 1 IPA and I've tired many. For some reason it doesn't quench my thirst like many of the other beers do, if that makes sense.

eh, if you don't like it, you don't like it. ballast point's sculpin is generally liked by everybody. i've had girls who don't drink beer at all say they like it...you should give that a try.
thanks for the recommendation. I don't know if I can get it here in the northwest but I'll look into it

Last edited:
i suggest everybody who is into 'different' beers to try this. it's honestly like eating a warhead or sour patch candy. this stuff is
pimp.gif
i'ma get my dora on and try to find this.

i suggest everybody who is into 'different' beers to try this. it's honestly like eating a warhead or sour patch candy. this stuff is :pimp:
i'ma get my dora on and try to find this.

got to try it last weekend at the actual brewery in the OC. solid sour.

ox, it should be easy to find at a total wine....$20/bottle though :lol: better yet, make the trip to placentia if you've never been to their brewery. worth the trip if you're in the LA/OC area.

Last edited:
Usually Widmer Hef, since I live just outside Portland. Everyone has it, and it's refreshing.

I can now say that I have had what is considered by many to be the best beer in the world.

It was delicious. Dried fruits, raisins, dates, etc. for being over 10% it was not very boozy.
My friend brought over 3 bottles. We each drank one and he left the 3rd for me.

-J-

I can now say that I have had what is considered by many to be the best beer in the world.

It was delicious. Dried fruits, raisins, dates, etc. for being over 10% it was not very boozy.

-J-
is it really that good? ive been wanting to try this for awhile but they dont sell it anywhere i live. been thinking about ordering a couple online 

-J-

you have an awesome friend.

is it really that good? ive been wanting to try this for awhile but they dont sell it anywhere i live. been thinking about ordering a couple online 

only available from the monastery in belgium. i think for the most part, it's the "holy grail" of beers because of its rarity. i'm sure it's also VERY good (pretty much all trappist beers are), but i think a lot of it is hype.

copped, never heard/saw this before. all about dogfish :pimp:

Try the 90 minute IPA, best one IMO

:lol: sry i meant i never heard of that specific dogfish head. ive had the 60 90 and another one i can't remember. can't drink 90 like regular beer tho. **** is strong as **** if u drink many in a night. 60 is easier. either one hits the spot on a summer night tho :pimp:

the 120min is a myth. ive been looking for that **** since jesus was born :smh: :nerd:

Last edited:
:lol: sry i meant i never heard of that specific dogfish head. ive had the 60 90 and another one i can't remember. can't drink 90 like regular beer tho. **** is strong as **** if u drink many in a night. 60 is easier. either one hits the spot on a summer night tho :pimp:

the 120min is a myth. ive been looking for that **** since jesus was born :smh: :nerd:

I had a 120 Black Friday 2011, I felt like I took 5 shots

^I had some Deschutes Bag Piper Stout yesterday. I've tried looking it up online and have seen nothing. I gotta go back to the bar and ask again about what they were serving us lol. Maybe I got the name wrong.
--------
Alpine Springs Sam Adams is a nice bridge before Summer Ale releases next month. No complaints there.
-------------
Weihenstephaner beers are legit. I recommend each and every one of you to try at least one of their beers. I just had the Hefe Weissbier. Smooth, crisp, with a hint of banana. Almost too perfect and too easy to drink. Wonderful experience drinking to be honest. I looked back here and in 2011, I apparently bought a pint and thought of it as a refined hefe. 'Refined' is pretty much the key word for "world class". Some try hefeweizens and don't come close. Others try, succeed, and do so in a way that makes it look too easy.
-------
I am still sitting on some dogfish head like its gold. I'll try another 90 minute IPA tonight. It's quite exciting waiting around as I let the bottle warm up a touch. For those that have it readily available, I don't know how you aren't 350 lbs. from the good beer alone.
------
If anyone is serious about beer trading, PM me. I have a bit to offer that is region specific. We can talk details via private message.

On another note, I need some advice from the east coasters.
I'll be in the NYC area in a week or so. Can anyone recommend any beer buys, breweries to check out, or bars that might have 60+ beers on tap/ It'll be more like Westchester county area than anything else. I do know I want to pick up some Allagash White. But from there, I will be a kid at a candy store figuring out how much I can ship back home.

I had a 120 Black Friday 2011, I felt like I took 5 shots

:wow: **** its like that?

^ Never knew that existed Stillen729, seems interesting. Honestly haven't had too much from Dogfish Head other than their 90 min ipa and peach beer. There's such a big selection from Dogfish Head, do you have any recommendations as far as what their best bottles are?

I know a lot of people think DFH is really hit-and-miss, I've never had anything of theirs I didn't like. 75 Minute IPA, Indian Brown Ale, Festina Peche, Aprihop and Black & Blue are my favorites though. Still need to try ******* Brew, Hellhound On My Ale, Fort (got two vintages of this cellaring right now), World Wide Stout, 120 Minute IPA and everything else I haven't had yet. Haha.
Thanks for the recommendations, I've seen some of these before in the past few months, I'll probably see some again eventually.
I like both so I'll have to give this a try. On another note tried Mother's milk the other day

Good beer fellas
This looks pretty good, seems like it would be similar to Young's double chocolate stout.

-J-
Very nice. Were there any notable differences between it and other Trappist ales?

Back
Top Bottom