NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Just copped some new Victory Swing Session

How is this? Victory always rules, and saisons are maybe my favorite style too.

Very nice. Were there any notable differences between it and other Trappist ales?
I've had all 3 "colors" of Chimay several times and only had Orval once, but this superior, IMO.
For 10.2% it was not as boozy as a 9% Chimay Bleue.
I picked up on a rum-raisin cake-like taste to it. Dark, dried fruit and bread, but not overwhelming alcohol. Caramel sweetness but everything was perfectly balanced. I don't think one aspect out shined any other...
Best beer in the world is entirely subjective, but this is some damn good stuff. Wouldn't hesitate to drink it again.

-J-

Last edited:
Had this:

on saturday after a sixer of Kellerwies. I was feeling pretty good.
It was not bad at all. I picked up on the chocolate and banana. Couldn't distinguish the peanut butter though.
Better than that disgusting Maple Bacon from Rogue I had a few months ago.
oh yeah and some Fireball shots in between. :lol:

-J-

Been trying to get more craft beer into my rotation. Shiner Bock, Dos Equis and Fat Tire are my go-to's but I try out as much as I can. Big fan of Black Butte Porter and Young's Double Chocolate Stout though. Don't een care if it's out of season. Need to find a beer bar in Houston. Any suggestions?

Been trying to get more craft beer into my rotation. Shiner Bock, Dos Equis and Fat Tire are my go-to's but I try out as much as I can. Big fan of Black Butte Porter and Young's Double Chocolate Stout though. Don't een care if it's out of season. Need to find a beer bar in Houston. Any suggestions?

Honestly? hit up The Yard House.
http://www.yardhouse.com/TX/houston-restaurant/
http://www.yardhouse.com/files/beer_menu_38.pdf
100+ beers on tap and the food is pretty decent.

-J-

I recommend Flying Saucer. Also, Karbach and Saint Arnold are pretty fun breweries to tour if you are into that kind of thing.

Last night at The Counter
Allagash Curieux

Sooo good. 11% that you will not taste. Dangerous. Even my wife was impressed.

and then followed that up with a Brother Thelonious

-J-

Funny you bumped this, I looked it up like 10m ago. Currently stuck on sam adams cherry wheat. I can drink this like soda! I find myself sticking to wheat beers. Any other wheat beers that are a must-try?

I only drink beer if I'm social drinking and that's something I hardly ever do. I drink when I plan on going out to the clubs and dancing in which case I usually only drink Long Island's (Vodka, tequila, Rum, Gin, Triple Sec). Kentucky Bourbon is pretty good, though. And I usually hate "sweet" beers. 

Last edited:
Had this:

It was not bad at all. I picked up on the chocolate and banana. Couldn't distinguish the peanut butter though.
oh yeah and some Fireball shots in between.
laugh.gif

-J-
i just tried rogues hazelnut beer. i really liked it 

Had this:

oh yeah and some Fireball shots in between. :lol:

-J-

i just tried rogues hazelnut beer. i really liked it 
living around the portland area, i go to a lot of micro breweries... i used to love rogue, went to the brewery in newport oregon and the prices were still the same as they sell in stores... the price is not worth the beer they make, the food was not good either.. there is this place called hopworks in SE portland that makes really good beer and pizza's

What would you guys say is the longest you'll let a IPA sit before its not worth buying? I love Ballast Point Sculpin (and so does my wife) and they have a case marked down 50% at a dirty gas station around my way but its bottling date was last September. Does that mean it will taste like crap? I've never been one to discard a beer because of freshness but I've been reading a lot lately the importance of freshness when it comes to quality IPAs. Thoughts?

What would you guys say is the longest you'll let a IPA sit before its not worth buying?

I would buy it,, if i wanted it that badly, at 50% off even if it's skunked it's not a bad loss. I think I would be more worried that they have had it in the fridge for a while, then took it out and left it at room temp, temp changes like that usually skunk beer.

Funny you bumped this, I looked it up like 10m ago. Currently stuck on sam adams cherry wheat. I can drink this like soda! I find myself sticking to wheat beers. Any other wheat beers that are a must-try?

shock top (orange?) is good, most hefe's are good, some are filtered and some are not. I tried a hefe last night by i think gold peak or four peak? it was in a silver can, most the selection at the bar was kind of weak, but i noticed the hefe for $5 so i tried it and it was delicious!

my favorite wheat beer is still Franziskaner, on the same level is paulaner and erdinger. all very superb brews :nthat:

What would you guys say is the longest you'll let a IPA sit before its not worth buying?

I would buy it,, if i wanted it that badly, at 50% off even if it's skunked it's not a bad loss. I think I would be more worried that they have had it in the fridge for a while, then took it out and left it at room temp, temp changes like that usually skunk beer.

that's some damn old beer. i wouldn't do it, but if you do, report back.

^I think instead of buying the case I'll just get one sixer just for experimentation purposes. I've had fresh three day old Sculpin when I went back home to SD a few months ago so I'll definitely let you guys know how it compares lol.

Back
Top Bottom