NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Cheers NT brethren... I don't know how I feel about it.. really hopppy.. but it doesn't linger as much.

It was a stout/ipa kind of day for me locally.

La Cumbre has this new 5% irish dry stout. Pretty frickin good. I had to take home a growler of it too.. Just very dry in the mouthfeel with a 45 ibu finish. So it had a sense of bitterness. Nothing sweet about this at all. It will be my go to St, Patricks day MONTH beer.. Great start to March

New Batch of project dank on draft.. These last two batches I'm catching a touch of a onion type taste. But it's never more than a touch or glimpse. It's not overpowering to anything... The latest batch is also in bottles... 2/26/14.. They've got me by the balls here. I haven't missed a release yet. Amazing stuff!

Finished off with their 2011 GABF silver medal Malpais stout. This is a bit chewier and more full (7.5% ABV here vs. 5% on the irish dry stout). I like them both for what they want to offer and provide to the drinker

**Also walked out of their with a growler of Elevated. I'm tempted to get a pint, and a growler to take home. but chose no elevated in house for this weekends visit.

Stopped at Marble after lunch... They have a new Stout Americano on draft. It's a 8% coffee stout.. Very high IBU type bitterness. Not exactly sweet in any sort of regard.. To compare, I taste a ton of sweetness out of the Project Dank by LC. That's 0.5% lower in ABV.. So I'm guessing this stout was supposed to have a dryer finish.. I caught at least 75% of the people near me ordering open up.

Lastly I felt like their signature IPA on draft. A bit piney, and a very small amount of citrus. This is nothing like a tropical fruit type of IPA (La Cumbre Elevated) but more in lines with a earthy, somewhat floral IPA that is more straight forward American hops.

With that, another successful two brewery trek in Albuqerque...

Can't get enough of bottlelogic. Two growler fills of double actuator dipa. They only do 32 oz fills of it not 64. Sold out of leche mole milk stout within 3 hours. Missed out today. Won't be back on tap for another 3 weeks.

Today's haul. Spot near me just got in GI's Imperial IPA. Figured I'll give it a try since WallyHopp raved about it earlier. Also got a few bombers of Bear Republic's Apex Special IPA. Starting to become one of my favorite IPA's. Very smooooth. I'd highly recommend trying some if you get a chance. Lastly, picked up a bomber of Green Flash's limited release Black IPA. All in all a good day.

Last edited:
Anybody in SoCal, as of about 4pm, The Bottle Room in Whittier has 31 gallons of Pliny on tap.....

Drinking another Nugget Nectar at the moment.  This beer is growing on me.  Regret not giving it a higher rating.  May or may not get a growler of this to see how it fares on tap.

@WallyHopp  has me interested in The Illinois.  My go-to beer distributor just got a few cases in.  Looking at the BeerAdvocate scores, it gets an 89 overall but reviews seem to range from mediocre to excellent with very little in-between.  I have a feeling that blind hatred of AB/InBev could account for the discrepancy.  Gonna pick up a 4-pack tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll leave with some unexpected goodies.

Thanks. Probably won't use them until later this week. Trying to cut down on my beer consumption. Frequenting this thread doesn't help :lol:

Drinking another Nugget Nectar at the moment.  This beer is growing on me.  Regret not giving it a higher rating.  May or may not get a growler of this to see how it fares on tap.

@WallyHopp
 has me interested in The Illinois.  My go-to beer distributor just got a few cases in.  Looking at the BeerAdvocate scores, it gets an 89 overall but reviews seem to range from mediocre to excellent with very little in-between.  I have a feeling that blind hatred of AB/InBev could account for the discrepancy.  Gonna pick up a 4-pack tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll leave with some unexpected goodies.

uh oh,, Don't fault me if you hate it lol. Mightve just wasted you $12.. I was blown away by the crisp refreshing quality that a 9% beer brings to the table.. Malt sweetness can be a turnoff for those expecting a hop bomb. It's almost too balanced all the way through. Some beers have that bitter bomb feeling in the mouth that eventually subsides or other elements balance it out. Here, it just seems balanced from the beginning.

Comparisons are tough. I prefer ten times out of ten the smell and taste that a la cumbre elevated IPA brings to the table with its mango/tropical sweetness.. So the beer is 'world class'. But one I may not want to buy again, as weird as it sounds.

SCORE!.. Big ups to a fellow NTer

Bottles still cold from delivery truck.. Gonna drink a Sculpin tonight on a empty beer stomach. SO EXICTED!

Last edited:
Was in Austin, TX for the first time last night. Hit up the Easy Tiger and had some Odell Myrcenary Double IPA, Founders Oatmeal Nitro Stout, Founders Imperial Stout, and then went over to the Jackalope for a few Shiners. 

Back
Top Bottom