NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I love Fall for beer, but I hate pumpkin beers and marzens.

I'm excited for Founders Breakfast Stout, Founders Harvest Ale, Backwoods Bastard, Double Bastard, and of course Bourbon County.

^ That HITACHINO NEST 木内酒造 REAL GINGER BREW * is really good. I just had it for the first time a couple weeks ago and loved it. 

Happy hour event at a local taphouse after work today. Company paying for the refreshments and food.

http://www.friscogrille.com/beers.php

Any recommendations? I haven't heard of any of these except the Bruery. I think some of this stuff is high end i guess?
Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel 

Schneider Aventinus

Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break Bourbon (probably gonna be $20+)

Firestone Walker Double DBA (same as above)

Fifty Fifty Imperial Eclipse Stout (same)

Oh...and you can never go wrong with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 
laugh.gif

Appreciate the input fellas. Hopefully everything is fair game. I can see them saying only bud light and miller light is covered :lol:

The bottled beers>the draught beers
If you like Hefe's, get the Franziskaner.
The Imperial Biscotti and the FW Double DBA, like C-Ford said.
Any of the Chimay's.
And yes, you can never go wrong with a Sierra Nevada. It's a staple in my fridge. :lol:

-J-

Happy hour event at a local taphouse after work today. Company paying for the refreshments and food.

http://www.friscogrille.com/beers.php

Any recommendations? I haven't heard of any of these except the Bruery. I think some of this stuff is high end i guess?
Schneider Aventinus

Oh...and you can never go wrong with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale :lol:

Co-sign all of these. Brunch Weasel is probably top 5 for me (probably 3 of my top 5 are coffee stouts though). Amazing that they have that on tap.

Give La Folie a try. Do a vertical with the Rocheforts. Cantillon of course.

Eclipse probably upwards of 50 since the bottleshops around my way are already selling at $30. Probably a good mark-up there.

I'd probably get fired if I had the opportunity to tackle that list on the company's dollar :lol:

Last edited:
Man.. I saw Mikeller beers this past weekend and saw a beer geek breAKfast beer for $14,00. I almost got it but something sounded off. I'm not too familiar with these beers and was quick shooting with my purchases.. Happy choice after all. Brunch weasel is a key element to that beer it seems (name wise).

af1 1982, I would probably check review scores for most of those and go from there. Some Brewery Arts beers are low in review #s but have solid reviews. Their Ozzy seems to be popular review score wise and in #s reviewed... So many going down the list are in the 89-91 BA score range.. If I'm drinking on someone elses dime, I would go all out for sure. With so many choices, I feel I would need some input from others

My fridge was getting mad at me. I had two cans left.. Restock for the next couple days

I'm not too into session IPAs, so tonights little sampling will be interesting... Founders all day, and a FW easy jack are on the slate.. I havent had lagunitas day time or stones go to. so no large brewery comparisons on my watch... After that, I have some Avery beers to push through, Great Divide, and Upslope.

Schneider Aventinus

Oh...and you can never go wrong with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale :lol:
couldn't agree more

Maybe its because I've been off beer for a while, but Oberon tastes like yuengling to me, ie not worth the premium.

Love me some Aventinus.

Last edited:
Turns out all the drafts were covered. So I got:

Flying Dog Bloodline IPA

Brunch Weasel

Dreamweaver

Not a big stout guy but the Brunch Weasel was good. Very strong coffee taste which I like since I'm highly addicted to black coffee 
laugh.gif

Bloodline IPA had blood orange flavors in there. Pretty good. Since it was a flavored IPA, they tried to overcompensate by making it a little more floraly. I think they went too far because the pine taste dominated. Pretty complex IPA. Nice piney, floral hops up front. Finish with an orange aftertaste.

Dreamweaver is dreamweaver. One of my favorites, enough said. Spicy but not in the traditional sense. It's like a beer that tastes and smells like something that should be drank during the fall but its so damn refreshing that it shines in the spring and summer.

Man they only gave us two hours to do some damage and I had to drive home so I had to take it easy. If they gave me a little more time and i had a DD, i would have easily racked up a tab bigger than the rest of my co workers

More of Tröegs from this afternoon

Going to Tröegs is a pretty cool experience

Good food, good brew...tried a few scratch beers

You can do a self guided tour or a tasting tour

After Tröegs we went to Pizza Boy Brewing/Al's of Hampden in Enola

Over 100 beers on tap...about a quarter of them their own

A families birthday party tonight

Last night we did founders all day. Also great divide nomad and FW Easy jack. All very average. Why do session IPAs exists? My dad did like the season IPAs for what they were.

Tonight
La cumbre elevated Ipa, Oberon, two hearted, and dirt wolf. It's game time fellas. Get to work.

Gunna pick up a 12pk of Bells Smitten Golden Rye. Heard people say it has a taste similar to Two Hearted Ale. Good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom