-brew free or die IPA
-60 minute
-helltown idle hands IPA
-Elysian night owl
-DFH punkin
-troegs dream weaver
-Sam Adams cherry wheat
-Ottos (penn state) mt. Nittany

Yo this Two Hearted love is nice to see as someone who's been preaching about it on the mountain tops for years. Stuff is just absolutely chronic. If I could only do two beers for the rest of my life it'd be Two Hearted and Founders Porter. Third... I'll go Bud Light from the bottle. For some reason I love that stuff. 

Two Hearted is a universally loved beer.  Doesn't matter if you're a total snob or Joe 6-pack.  That, to me, is the biggest indicator that a beer is truly world-class.

Two hearted is a very good beer. Very crisp, clean and refreshing IPA. Wonder if it tastes any different from the can?

Just got some Bomb!, vanilla Noir and Prarie Noir in from a trade. Looking forward to those especially the bomb!

I see you guys posting those La Cumbre beers all the time with good reviews - have to try and get some of them when i get back from Italy. Hopefully i'll end up with a nice Cantillon haul when i get back to the states.

i agree with Two-hearted, very very solid beer. If they sold it in 1/6s locally it would probably be one of my first beers in the new kegerator.

Always check out the craft beer when I go to the grocery store...I'm always on the lookout for nice stuff in the mix a six section

A 4 pack of the goose islands run $11.99...the mixed 6 packs are $10.99 so I saved $1 and got a couple of free beers basically

As far as I can tell there's no bb date on green flash bottles/4 packs unless I'm just over looking, correct?

A photo of two hearted at work earlier yesterday

Velvet Merlin even though it was bottled last October is still quite stellar. Oatmeal stouts have to be a favorite style for sure and this one remains up there

Among the others samples with a few others

Fw DBA
Founders dirty bastard

Sculpin
Two sets of home brews
Fresh squeezed white grape juice added to boil of a basic blonde ale base going on 2 years now. We aged it out of the fridge in the garage for a year. It toned down a bit but not much. We then mixed in some la cumbre malpais stout. So now the flavors are kinda crazy. 4 parts wine beer. 1 part malpais stout. Color is unique

Cream ale that had some fermentation issues. Tastes a touch chalky. But has a surprising hefeweizen like yeast flavor. Almost a sense of bananas.

After having some sours, this ain't so bad

Among dirty B and Dba, dab was forgettable. Maybe it was the drinks in me. But dirty B was among our favorite. Such a great deep sweet scotch like quality. Reminds me of backwoods B in that same sweet sense but with bourbon.
Sculpin was a surprise to a guy who loves la cumbre. I told him it compared nicely and he agreed. Pricey stuff but it's solid.

There no stopping though. Sampling continues today.

4-22 bottled. Great unique hop smell. Kind of tough to drink. Boozy. Medium mouthfeel. Tastes like a dipa.

Ba guesses.
Founders centennial Ipa 89
Fw dba- 87. I remember some bitterness and smoothness but nothing that stood out an ur or two later.
Founders dirty b- 93
--------------
victory summer love

Amazing pilsner/ blonde ale sweetness smell. Taste doesn't quite match that. This is bone dry and very very crisp with a moderate hop bite. I want to like it. It's solid. Wish it tastes like it smells. Taste isn't bad though. I'd definitely make it a summer choice if available locally. Ba guess 87

Last edited:
When talking simple pleasures, I'm an old dude who tends to lean toward his traditions...
Since I was "21" I've pretty much preferred just a plain old Heineken bottle.
I can say it's held its assigned seat in my fridge for the last 16 years.
Though recently it was bumped out by Shiner Farmhouse Ale.
Previously, I had only had the Shiner Bock, which is why I tried the "Farmhouse."
So i decidedly took a Shiner taste test last weekend:
Grabbed some White Wing, some Premium, and some Ruby Redbird.
I'm really liking these Shiner Beers, especially the Farmhouse Ale.
But quite honestly, If I'm drinking, It's usually whiskey... and most often Templeton Rye :smokin

Finally getting around to bottling this stout home brew

Should've brewed something I'd rather drink this time of the year like an IPA or pale ale

What year is that Chocolate Rain? I've had some of the 2014 and it tasted every bit of 18.5%. It was a "hot" one.
It is a 2014 and man, Its a chocolatey boozy mess. It's really enjoyable but it's all over the place taste wise

Pliny the Younger or Pliny the Elder?

@StillIn729 , you try this yet? I looked on their website. It's a beer native to the west but their one East coast distributor is located in none other than Philly
laugh.gif
wondering if Wegman's might have it

Pliny the Younger or Pliny the Elder?

@StillIn729
, you try this yet? I looked on their website. It's a beer native to the west but their one East coast distributor is located in none other than Philly :lol: wondering if Wegman's might have it

I have tried the Elder before and it's pretty awesome

the only place I have ever seen it is Whole Foods and it lasted about 10 seconds :lol:

what distributor has it? Shangy's?

Elder is great, but if you're on the East Coast I don't feel like it's worth going crazy hunting it down.  Its high ratings on BeerAdvocate are influenced a lot by scarcity and hype.  Lagunitas Hop Stoopid is very Pliny-esque, very accessible, very cheap and very good.

Last edited:
I have tried the Elder before and it's pretty awesome

the only place I have ever seen it is Whole Foods and it lasted about 10 seconds
laugh.gif

what distributor has it? Shangy's?
Website says Origlio? Never heard of it.

Now I'm skeptical haha I don't wanna make the trip if it sells out everywhere quick

Flying Dog is okay to me

I enjoyed their imperial Pumpkin Ale - The Fear but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy their stuff

Pumpkin beer. Best time of the year, man. I have a list of about 50 oktoberfest/pumpkin beers that I've tried not to mention the ones I had before I started the list and this one is the best hands down.

Back
Top Bottom