NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

any dmv head try the duclaw sweet baby jesus? how is it?

Not from the DMV but have had Sweet Baby Jesus. Thought it was a really good porter. Tasted like liquid Reeses.

Sipping on this tonight. Really solid IPA and one of my goto's.

I saw that too but I think you misread it. I believe they were referring to the fact that bottles were only $12 (which is cheap to begin with) so they loaded up.

Regardless, that's cheap compared to what we pay for it in TX and we have to wait until May for TABC approval.

This was the other part of the BA post:
Figured it out when we had them check the inventory and it showed only 3 sold out of the 18...

So, naw. I didn't misread if. They sold 3 cases for the price of 3 bottles.

This was the other part of the BA post:
Figured it out when we had them check the inventory and it showed only 3 sold out of the 18...

So, naw. I didn't misread if. They sold 3 cases for the price of 3 bottles.

I stand corrected. We must be following two different threads. I was going off the 2015 Parabola thread and someone posted something very similar but didn't specify the cases were bottle price.

Either way - that's an insane steal.

Chula Vista BevMo jus got their allotment of Parabola they got 30 bottles overall and I got there about 10-15 mins after they opened and half of them are left. I just grabbed two bottles that's sufficent enough for me. Also grabbed a Stone Chai-Spiced Imperial Russian Stout.

I'm pretty new to this craft beer scene and I'm curious how yall are storing yalls bottles of Parabola? I don't have a cellar or basement is it ok to store this in the fridge? Def could use some input.

I'm pretty new to this craft beer scene and I'm curious how yall are storing yalls bottles of Parabola? I don't have a cellar or basement is it ok to store this in the fridge? Def could use some input.
I store all of my beer in a fridge in my garage. It's a smaller one, but I've been toying with the idea of buying a full size. My wife would be happy. No more beer shelf in the house fridge.
I have the temp set to about 46, which is a bit on the cold side.
I don't know a single person in California that has a cellar.
And I also picked up that Stone Chai the other day. Cracking it open tonight. Hearing mixed reviews online, but still looking forward to it.
Anybody in here try the New Belgium Cocoa Mole? Pretty good stuff. Not quite Xocoveza, but it's still really tasty.

I store all of my beer in a fridge in my garage. It's a smaller one, but I've been toying with the idea of buying a full size. My wife would be happy. No more beer shelf in the house fridge.
I have the temp set to about 46, which is a bit on the cold side.
I don't know a single person in California that has a cellar.
And I also picked up that Stone Chai the other day. Cracking it open tonight. Hearing mixed reviews online, but still looking forward to it.
Anybody in here try the New Belgium Cocoa Mole? Pretty good stuff. Not quite Xocoveza, but it's still really tasty.

Gonna have to lower the temp in the fridge and just store it in the back bc that's my only option. I have a mini fridge in storage that I need to go get and set that up.

Storing it in a fridge isn't bad. It'll just slow down the ageing process. I believe ideal cellar temp is around 50-54 give or take. I currently keep mine in an interior closet on the floor until I move into a house this summer. After that I'm probably getting a smaller fridge with a temp control for the garage.

Storing it in a fridge isn't bad. It'll just slow down the ageing process. I believe ideal cellar temp is around 50-54 give or take. I currently keep mine in an interior closet on the floor until I move into a house this summer. After that I'm probably getting a smaller fridge with a temp control for the garage.

Man I'm contemplating storing it in my closet in one of my Nike boxes it's nice and cool in the closet haha.

Wine fridges are perfect. You can find them at menards or sometimes even Wal-Mart.

NT, I really need help with my beer tasting palate. I feel like I can't find the one taste I really enjoy.

I dont know how to describe it but all the beers I have had puts a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel like I need something sweet. Any suggestions? I live in maryland btw. 

Last edited:
NT, I really need help with my beer tasting palette. I feel like I can't find the one taste I really enjoy.

I dont know how to describe it but all the beers I have had puts a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel like I need something sweet. Any suggestions? I live in maryland btw. 

Go somewhere where they serve flights. If you don't like beer, then you don't like beer

Fridge is looking real nice right now. Empty though. I went ahead and got some six packs. No more bombers of impulse beers for awhile. I've been without a world class IPA for a few days now. Went ahead and got some more elevated IPA, a sixer of SN Torpedo, and a sixer of SNPA.

Something about the SN beers. They just seem to be lacking in hops all around. Great intro IPAs and PAs though.. SNPA was a crisper cleaner tastier beer among the beer.. The increased ABV of torpedo didnt really help that beer out IMHO.

Oh man, dude should've went to capital brewfest today or some other beer fest. That def opens your palette.
I think I just hit an epiphany for beers. Had the Golden Monkey today by Victory and **** was 
smokin.gif

Anyone else tried this? Now this is my kind of taste. Any other recommendations thats close to this?

One of my faves too with a lovely amount of alcohol. I'd actually like to know too whats similar in taste and percentage.

Oh man, dude should've went to capital brewfest today or some other beer fest. That def opens your palette.

I think I just hit an epiphany for beers. Had the Golden Monkey today by Victory and **** was :smokin

Anyone else tried this? Now this is my kind of taste. Any other recommendations thats close to this?

That beer is considered a "Tripel"
http://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/style/58/
1,2, and 3 seem to be around at most places like Total Wine.

New Belgium makes a decent Trippel that comes in six packs. (98 on that list above). Keep an eye out for Tripel beers for the most part.

I would even say to branch out with the Belgian theme. Belgian Golden Ales and Belgian Strong Ales (such as Delirium Tremens, Duvel, RR Damnation, Piraat, NC Pranqster, Avery Salvation Golden Ale, and Goose Island Matlida are all great seemingly easy to obtain examples *maybe not RR).

Not sure if you were talking about just the style that golden monkey sits within, or its specific flavors matching other beers. I can't answer that second part. But the fun of beer drinking is finding something you like that may be similar, but different in its own great way.

Looking at this list sorted by total # of ratings (usually a good sign of its accesibility)
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/style/58/?sort=revsD
shows La Fin Du Monde in a class of its own. I dont live in a distribution rich state and we get this here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom