NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Try it out and see what you think. I have an explanation in the spoiler

http://freshbeeronly.com/

Man, anything over 2 months OLD seems to stall out (if its an IPA with delicate aromas). But that's just my opinion.

Some breweries have bottled dates, some are enjoy by. Enjoy by can range from 3 months, 4 months, to even a year.

it appears Stone sets their enjoy by date 90 days from bottled date. So you are already looking at an ipa that was brewed around December 5th, 2014. That's sorta old. Refrigerating it will help preserve what flavors that are left. But keeping them out for a couple more weeks shouldnt really matter. Cool dry spot in a basement or garage should be fine. The damage is already done as far as aromas.. Just keep them out of direct sunlight. Thats the main killer of beers. With aromas gone, you just may have a less hopped IPA.. Not a bad deal with 50% off. I wouldnt drink original price for it though.

If you find out that it has no hop taste, the bottle date can tell you a lot. If you enjoy it for what it is, you aren't losing out too much. People buy expired beers every day and dont seem to care or notice

Gonna open one up tonight and try it out. I placed them all in the fridge in my garage so they aren't gonna be sitting out they'll be refrigerated the entire time.

Last edited:
^ NT Summit at Coachella...who's down?
I've been MIA this weekend with the move. I'll be at coachella weekend one camping at the very front like every year. Probably won't drop +$250 on craft beer for the weekend this year but I'll sneak in some bruery bottles and maybe some other goodies of you guys want to meet up. Anyone going to coachella that's not from socal?

Just got home to try the Stones with the 3/5/15 date and they taste just fine to me so that is great news! On the other hand two of my 6 packs had an enjoy date of 12/12/13 and the single sixer of Levitation Ale was 1/8/14!! They tasted awful :smh:

Cant believe they were sittin on the shelves that damn long.

I think Sal and I will be there. I'm going to try to pick up a SS growler.
I've been MIA this weekend with the move. I'll be at coachella weekend one camping at the very front like every year. Probably won't drop +$250 on craft beer for the weekend this year but I'll sneak in some bruery bottles and maybe some other goodies of you guys want to meet up. Anyone going to coachella that's not from socal?

Damn, I'll be there weekend 2. If anyone is going week 2, let me know!

Stopped in founders for a kbs. Bottle>Tap imo

Mocha Wednesday and chocolate pancakes for dessert tonight with my new teku glass. Delicious all around.

Last edited:
Gonna be at my local bevmo here in SD right before they open I hope they have some Parabola in stock

Gonna be at my local bevmo here in SD right before they open I hope they have some Parabola in stock
Bevmo's online system is a true POS but it doesn't hurt to check out your store's inventory.

On another note, this whole beer thing has been getting crazier every release.
I'm hearing stories on BA about cats walking out of Bevmo's with multiple cases.
One guy said his local Costco got some in. He bought a case and the guy behind him in line had 3 cases.
I thought shoes were bad....

Bevmo's online system is a true POS but it doesn't hurt to check out your store's inventory.

On another note, this whole beer thing has been getting crazier every release.
I'm hearing stories on BA about cats walking out of Bevmo's with multiple cases.
One guy said his local Costco got some in. He bought a case and the guy behind him in line had 3 cases.
I thought shoes were bad....

Read that this morning on beer advocate

Just left the BevMo in Chula Vista and the guy said they didn't get their Parabola in today due to a mixup. They're getting 30 bottles tomorrow or Friday.

Just picked up two bottles of Parabola at the Bevmo by my work, ordered two more online for pickup later today :wow:

Mira mesa. Looks like they're sold out online now. Look at other locations in the city. They should be getting it today

Anyone else burnt out over the whole craft beer scene? Don't get me wrong I enjoy what's in my cellar and I plan on picking up amazing IPAs every once in a while but as a whole I'm just over it. Local brewery's have barely been open under a year and are starting membership societies. Annoying arrogant "enthusiasts" that don't really know what thier talking about except they have the capital to buy "whalez brah". It's just a completely different culture than it was a few years ago. End rant I guess.

Last edited:
Anyone else burnt out over the whole craft beer scene? Don't get me wrong I enjoy what's in my cellar and I plan on picking up amazing IPAs every once in a while but as a whole I'm just over it. Local brewery's have barely been open under a year and are starting membership societies. Annoying arrogant "enthusiasts" that don't really know what thier talking about except they have the capital to buy "whalez brah". It's just a completely different culture than it was a few years ago. End rant I guess.

It's currently a fad. Once the bubble pops, the millions of breweries sprouting up will start shutting down and craft beer "fans" will fade.

Back
Top Bottom