NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Whale chasing is like a one night stand. Next day, you're like "what now?"

Even beers you trade for. I appreciate the chance to try them but at the end of the day, if its rare or something I can't obtain easily on a daily type basis, it's just not worth it. I want those everyday joe sixpack beers, and right now craft is truly filling that void with amazing options.. Turn your back on the whale crap.

ANd lifes too short to cellar cases of the same beer.. I've accidentially saved a half dozen beers. Stuff I have'nt gotten a chance to try yet. But I don't buy doubles with intent to save.

So yeah salazaro44, I'm within that same thought process.

I'm even sick of the new breweries who think they can come in and charge the same price as the established breweries. If I can only go to one brewery a week, its my mainstay. Not some newcomer.

I remember back in '08, when my local scene was really just starting. So much has changed.

What's best is to maybe follow this thread only, and take yourself off of social media all together. It's a huge pissing contest.. I don't see much of that out of this thread fortunately.

The "latest haul" thread on BA pretty much sums it all up unfortunately. So many good local options nowadays its tough to justify trading sometimes (typing this while expecting a package soon haha). I've definitely slowed down on the trading front but sometimes getting those packages is like Christmas morning all over again :lol:

I'm new to the whole craft beer scene so everything i've posted on here so far are beers that I haven't tried before and its becoming a pretty fun hobby! Def spending more time in the gym after I started this haha

Todays haul from BevMo and Sprouts. Sprouts sells the Ballast Point in singles so I picked up a single Habanero Sculpin incase I didn't like it.

After trading, and trading, and trading multiple times to try different beers around the country, I'm comfortable with what I am able to easily obtain in my area.

It doesn't hurt to be in an area where great beer is a plenty! :smokin

After trading, and trading, and trading multiple times to try different beers around the country, I'm comfortable with what I am able to easily obtain in my area.

THIS! Thankful that San Diego has plenty of beer to try

alright just had the Habanero Sculpin and it's safe to say I prolly won't buy this one again. Not bad but something I don't see myself drinking

I love spicy everything. I've been trying to find that Habanero Sculpin. Picked up a 6 pack of the Big Eye. I think I prefer the regular Sculpin to this Big Eye. Not bad but not a whole lot going on for me after a couple of these.

I love spicy everything. I've been trying to find that Habanero Sculpin. Picked up a 6 pack of the Big Eye. I think I prefer the regular Sculpin to this Big Eye. Not bad but not a whole lot going on for me after a couple of these.

The Sculpin is def up there for me! I've tried just about every ballast point beer that they sell in stores except for Indra Kunindra but i'm saving that one for a few more days

The Sculpin is def up there for me! I've tried just about every ballast point beer that they sell in stores except for Indra Kunindra but i'm saving that one for a few more days
Definitely have really enjoyed all of the Ballast Point beers I've tried recently. I'd have to say the one knock is the price. Runs about $15 for a 6 pack and $9.50 (!!) for a 22oz bottle at my local grocery store. I'm here in the Bay Area, San Jose to be exact. Looking forward to trying any new beers they get in stock.

These are all the Ballast Point bottles I've tried except for the Longfin and Indra Kunindra. I really like the designs of each beer so I collected one bottle of each haha.

So I decided that beer is meant to be drunk and have gone into the cellar all this week. Mocha wednseday was ok yesterday but Black Tuesday is the best beer I've ever had. Period.

^Check my untappd : oktoberfiesta.. About once every six months, i Go for a beer fridge clearing event.. It's usually stuff I buy and don't want then, and slowly, I forget about it. I have about 14 beers lined up to get completely down to nada.

Life is too short though.. Most of the time, stuff that ages tends to ages gracefully but never nearly worth the whole year it took to age vs. its predecessor. Unless you can buy aged at the time without a markup, drink what you have, and drink it fast.

Today was a late 2012 Marble Reserve ale, an old ale aged in bourbon barrels, vs. the same beer just dated a year late, late 2013. Both seemed rather similar, with slight variations... If I had to physically age this beer on my own, or pay more for at a store, I don't know if I would. Unless you can go 4-6 years deep on a vertical, sometimes the differences are more of a placebo effect than anything.

Stay tuned

Last edited:
^Check my untappd : oktoberfiesta.. About once every six months, i Go for a beer fridge clearing event.. It's usually stuff I buy and don't want then, and slowly, I forget about it. I have about 14 beers lined up to get completely down to nada.

Life is too short though.. Most of the time, stuff that ages tends to ages gracefully but never nearly worth the whole year it took to age vs. its predecessor. Unless you can buy aged at the time without a markup, drink what you have, and drink it fast.
Just had 2013 abyss and on to the Black Tuesday. I had darkstar November, 2014 parabola, 2015 sucaba , and firestone walker xviii the other night with a few friends. I'm over beer hoarding. Sorry if I am bringing a bad vibe to the thread. I guess I'm just doing some self evaluation.

Damn straight. Colorado is an embarrassment of craft beer riches, that's for sure. I almost never drink anything from out of state anymore. There's just way too much good stuff going on here...with more opening every week with no end in sight.

Same here. I kick myself when I am standing there and grab an IPA that I haven't had in a while or ever. Then it's disappoints and I knew Two Hearted was there.

In more Parabola news (from BA):
Someone snagged all 3 cases at the Costco in Bakersfield for the bottle price, $11.79 each.
:x
18 bottles of beer for $36.
Retail value of $212.

In more Parabola news (from BA):
:x
18 bottles of beer for $36.
Retail value of $212.

I saw that too but I think you misread it. I believe they were referring to the fact that bottles were only $12 (which is cheap to begin with) so they loaded up.

Regardless, that's cheap compared to what we pay for it in TX and we have to wait until May for TABC approval.

It's $12 vs. the usual $15-$20.. Quite the deal at $12.. Now we'll see these turds trying to trade them for some monster whales.

Instead of spending $270 on three cases at $15 a bottle (18 total bottles0, he spent $216. $36 would be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too cheap.

I truly appreciate the NT fellows who traded with me on a $4$ basis. Too many folks try to put a high mark on these beers they did very little to obtain. Highest form of inflation I have ever seen. Don't say you got 3 cases easily, and try to trade it like its frickin gold

Last edited:
What's up guys? Beer noob here. Anyone ever try out this stout? I've read that stouts should be kept and served around 55°F but I'm at school so I don't really have that option lol. So would I be better off keeping it out of the fridge in my room? Or just keep it in the fridge?

Back
Top Bottom