NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I am floored here. C ford coming thru once again. I owe you big time
kid on Christmas status was in full effect today.

Last edited:
A sour that you could probably find around your way is Boulevard Love Child No. 5. Its distributed to alot of places. Goose Island Juliet is another solid one.

The best sours you arent going to find on the shelf unless you live in a great beer market. My favorites are de Garde, Rare Barrel, Jester King, and Crooked Stave. Im level 40 for sour beers on Untapped lol.

I'd love to try any of those sours, man. I never heard of the Goose Island Juliet. I'll have to find that.

I am floored here. C ford coming thru once again. I owe you big time
kid on Christmas status was in full effect today.

A sour that you could probably find around your way is Boulevard Love Child No. 5. Its distributed to alot of places. Goose Island Juliet is another solid one.

The best sours you arent going to find on the shelf unless you live in a great beer market. My favorites are de Garde, Rare Barrel, Jester King, and Crooked Stave. Im level 40 for sour beers on Untapped lol.
I'd love to try any of those sours, man. I never heard of the Goose Island Juliet. I'll have to find that.
Picked up a bottle of Goose Island Halia a few weeks back.  Seems interesting...it's a sour saison aged in wine barrels with peaches.

It's a 750mL bottle though.  Lord knows I'm not drinking that by myself.

Went to a pretty cool liquor store in the SFV and bought Bourbon Street Stout and Surf Brewery Red Sour Ale. The stout tastes pretty good. I just realized its 10% lol

Stopped by a Whole Foods here in Orlando and picked up these bad boys. Other than the Jai Alai (7 days old :smokin), I have not had any of the others.

lagunitas sucks might just bee the best beer i've ever tasted.. hop stoopid will be a new beer for me today.

anything similar to LS?

From what I recall, Sucks is a touch sweeter with tropical notes. While Hop Stoopid is more citrusy and a near bitterness hop bomb.

When fresh, I find hop stoopid near that of pliny the elder. Sucks fresh can hold up to anything imho

Craziness just arrived at my doorstep

yeah the hop stoopid was more bitter than the LS but it was still delicious and very refreshing.. and kinda strong.. i have another quart of LS trynna figure out if i should pop it open.

Was able to score a couple cans of this today in an in-person trade from BeerAdvocate.  My friend was supposed to get me a case of this and flaked on me.  As it stands now...I'm kind of glad he did.  This is a good beer, don't get me wrong...I just don't know if the hype is warranted.

I'm about halfway through with my first can. I'd take Citra and Nelson over this any day of the week.  The high ABV kind of kills it for me.  I feel like most IPAs/IIPAs do best between 6.5-9%.  Higher than that and the booze starts coming through.

Alpine nelson. Very very good but missing that extra wow for me. Off memeory, I'd probably take other half nelson over alpine version. It's a fresh bottle from last week but seemed to be missing that extra pop we see out of the elite ipas

In fact I liked booming rollers by modern times a quite a bit more. Maybe I just don't like the full nelson hop experience.

Been meaning to ask cFord, what's the story on other half? Are they a new breqery? Why so limited on some of their beers? They definitely have something going for them. Think I'm gonna go all other half tomorrow and finish things off. Not sure why I'm holding onto ipa cans for so long.

Been meaning to ask cFord, what's the story on other half? Are they a new breqery? Why so limited on some of their beers? They definitely have something going for them. Think I'm gonna go all other half tomorrow and finish things off. Not sure why I'm holding onto ipa cans for so long.
Other Half blew up, and blew up fast.  They've only been around for a little over a year and they've gained a big following in the process.  As it stands right now, it's mostly growler fills or sitting in their tap room if you want to try their beers.  All can releases are brewery-only.  In fact, they're actually super-protective over their beers.  Any time a bottle shop is found to be selling their cans they alert the authorities and blow up their spot on their Facebook page.  Their mentality is that they don't want people overpaying for their beers.  It seems that the only place that they regularly give kegs to or allow to sell their cans is that place Hoptron that I check-in on Untappd regularly.  Fortunately for me, I'll be moving into an apartment that's less than a mile away from Hoptron on June 1st.  
pimp.gif

But yeah...EASILY my favorite brewery in NY.

Picked up a couple Prairie BOMB for $10 a piece 
laugh.gif

Never had it so I figured I'd get a couple since they were available and see what it's all about. My local spot like to dissect cases of limited **** to make more money. I guess at least I get to try it. 

Picked up a couple Prairie BOMB for $10 a piece :lol:

Never had it so I figured I'd get a couple since they were available and see what it's all about. My local spot like to dissect cases of limited **** to make more money. I guess at least I get to try it. 

Normal price most places. We get it for about $8 in TX. Their other beers are getting pricier by the day though. Last year Noir was $7. They just released this year's batch and it's now $11-13.

My apologies then, gents. But I still stand by my local joint getting a little shady at times with limited releases :lol:

With that said, this is ******* fantastic.

Comparison Ford,
Color me impressed. Being just a year or so into things and already producing at that quality? Three IPA/DIPAs that I had no complaints with? And in fact was quite floored by initially. That's a heavy weight knockout.. They remind me of a local brewery that was kind of in its own element for 2-3 years until another brewery jumped in and eclipsed them slightly. I feel the NY scene is new to hops and greate IPAS but they know they have a great one when they see it. Over time, I think BA scores drop slightly as competition steps in. That Capt. Lawrence DIPA you sent the last time around was great too. The OH beers seem to strive on tropical fruit vibrant smelling and tasting hops that lack that bitterness that so many hate. Others and myself may be slightly overrating them for the simple fact that they are the first of the bunch of NY breweries to be stellar at doing hops. They should hold up over the years. I feel maybe a couple others will try to compete.. Competition changes perspectives on review scores etc. too.. Carton 077xx was one I was surprised with. Id be that at 95 BA level (if it doesnt reach there on its own over time.. 93 when I tried it).

Big Thanks on those OHs

Just had some Odell St. Lupulin.. Nothing wrong with that beer at all. Reminds me of a lighter BP Sculpin. Just straight cittrus and hop flavors. Lighter ABV helps. But wow. When fresh, so many beers we normally pass up are actually quite GOOD fresh

Last edited:
Picked up a sixer of Not Your Father's Root Beer today...Cant wait to get home and make some floats!

Trying these tomorrow!! Let me know how they are, deadspin loved them.

Didnt have ice cream to make a float, so just tried it by itself. This is dangerous! Taste just like root beer. I could barely detect alcohol. Awesome stuff. I may be biased considering root beer is my favorite non alcoholic drink besides coffee and water.

Didnt have ice cream to make a float, so just tried it by itself. This is dangerous! Taste just like root beer. I could barely detect alcohol. Awesome stuff. I may be biased considering root beer is my favorite non alcoholic drink besides coffee and water.

I'm on the exact same page. Love root beer.

I was going to drink them just like that, so now u have me excited!

I feel so bad for you guys with that root beer beer.
laugh.gif

That was originally made at 10.7% and they dialed it back when the bottled it. With ice cream is the about the only time you can taste the alcohol because the ice cream is that much sweeter.

They make a lot of different beers but they don't bottle any of it. My son's bday party is tomorrow and I got a keg of Strawberry Rhubarb beer they brew that's a little over 7% which you wanna talk about dangerous and delicious! 
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom