NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Told myself I'd go to the Other Half Hop Showers/Amarillo IPA can release tomorrow morning, but I really don't feel like driving out to Brooklyn before work just to wait in line for beer.  This is softening the blow at the moment:

^ Still have not had a beer from Other Half. Buddy lives in Brooklyn but isn't a beer head so lining for beers doesn't sound all that appealing to him :lol:.

Sipping on some KBS tonight. Liking this batch a lot more than last years.

It feels like forever since I've been in here! I guess a baby will do that to you! :lol:

Haven't had anything far from the normal go-to's.

I popped open this bottle last week:

Jameson aged in craft stout barrells. Really interesting, and I enjoyed it.

If I were blind and you gave me this, I would not ever guess it was Jameson. The stout, coffee, and chocolate notes were very present and went well with the Jamey.

Last edited:
Speaking of Jameson- anyone hear about the 5 breweries they invited over the pond for a special project?

They ended up providing each brewery with three barrels. My local (Deep Ellum) managed to get picked and created a special brew for the barrels.

Still waiting for their next tapping so I can try it out.

http://beerpulse.com/2015/06/jameso...aft-brewers-on-barrel-aged-beer-program-3578/

:wow:

15% ABV for the one theyre doing with Angel City Brewery .... that's more than Dogfish 120

Angel City is terrible though. Not sure even a Jameson barrel could salvage that stuff.
This. As much as I love the brewery itself it's just bleh beer. I went back Labor Day weekend to give it another shot and it was just as terrible. Bad service and beer is horrible. Angel city and golden road give LA a bad name. El segundo and beachwood are LAs saving grace if you want to count those in LA

This. As much as I love the brewery itself it's just bleh beer. I went back Labor Day weekend to give it another shot and it was just as terrible. Bad service and beer is horrible. Angel city and golden road give LA a bad name. El segundo and beachwood are LAs saving grace if you want to count those in LA

Speaking of LA beer, Smog City and Beachwood just got selected to be a part of the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp. The two best breweries in LA getting some nice recognition.

Seal beach |I

I once saw someone get up from their table, turn around and throw up everywhere on the floor at Beachwood :rofl: :x

Last edited:
They already tapped it once. They doing it again?

I know they tapped it during the "private" party a few weeks back. I've heard mixed things about another event. I doubt they killed all of it during that initial event.

I work down the street and plan on stopping in tomorrow night. Going to see if I can find anything out.

Ended up finding this at HEB, sold in singles so i daid F it and copped one based off the reveiws on here.

Man this ish wash straight trash. Tasted like liquid cinnamon. Made me just wana get a horchata and pour some hennesy in it.

I think they said Nevada and New Mexico too. Their half ownership by a global spanish giant is paying off. Lagunitas sold half their company to Heineken too. But they were already everywhere.

If anyone wants to trade some IPAs, now is a MUST time. Two giants from La Cumbre and two from Bosque Brewing all are either out right now or releasing very soon. 4 in this short of a window is UNheard of. You don't want to miss out fellow traders

Last edited:
Sixers of Sucks is everywhere here in Norcal as well. Picked up some that were a month old recently (figured that's as fresh as I'm going to find them).

Sixers of sucks everywhere in north Texas as well.

Going to my local spots 4th anniversary tonight and they have first batch of Prairie Bomb! bottles, coffee noir, vanilla noir and 2012 Ten Fidy to name a few.

One of the few (beer related) occasions it's nice being an OK neighbor.

Back
Top Bottom