NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Cali
pimp.gif
i'm gonna deets on the drop. So far all i know is it's only norcal 
pimp.gif

Went to Lagunitas brewery two weeks ago and man they had the imperial stout aged in a bourbon barrel 
pimp.gif
 dude it was pffffffff. Tasted like chocolate and had a 10% abv. Got pretty faded off a glass of that and some sucks. then grabbed 1 more imperial before we left 
laugh.gif

i'm gonna deets on the drop. So far all i know is it's only norcal :pimp:

Went to Lagunitas brewery two weeks ago and man they had the imperial stout aged in a bourbon barrel :pimp:  dude it was pffffffff. Tasted like chocolate and had a 10% abv. Got pretty faded off a glass of that and some sucks. then grabbed 1 more imperial before we left :lol:

Wait what? >:

On a side note, don't know how many folks here are from Sac or know about Sac, but the brewery scene there is growing nicely. Nice sight to see.

That Founder's info should be prefaced with "NorCal in October 2015. SoCal in October 2016." I'm not seeing KBS for another year unless I trade for it.
It's about the same level of excitement as when Bell's landed in California. I told myself that I would buy a six pack of Oberon all the time. Hasn't happened.
I've been to Founder's a few times when I've travelled for business. It's good beer, but you always want what you can't have. Oberon is not quite as tasty when I can go to my local grocery store and pick it up.

That Founder's info should be prefaced with "NorCal in October 2015. SoCal in October 2016." I'm not seeing KBS for another year unless I trade for it.
It's about the same level of excitement as when Bell's landed in California. I told myself that I would buy a six pack of Oberon all the time. Hasn't happened.
I've been to Founder's a few times when I've travelled for business. It's good beer, but you always want what you can't have. Oberon is not quite as tasty when I can go to my local grocery store and pick it up.
Pretty much.

Once the appeal of the "newness" wears off, you'll find that Founders makes a bunch of decent beers with some gems thrown in the mix.  The only beers from them that I buy multiple 4-packs of during the year are FBS, Backwoods Bastard, and their Imperial Stout.  KBS has been a consistent letdown (in my opinion), and their backstage series hasn't produced a good beer since 2013.  

Having said that: my roomate is about to go buy a sixer of their new ginger kolsch, and lord knows I'm stealing one of those.

Founders Porter is right there with Bells Two Hearted as my favorite readily available beers. Big fan of their Imperial Stout as well.

I just moved to Maryland a few months ago from Michigan, but if there's one thing I miss about Michigan it's all of the craft beer.

How much did that BCBS set up back?
I have a lbs that has a bunch in stock (2014), but it's $10 a bottle. Can't bring myself to pull the trigger.
And yes, social media is a gift and a curse. An expensive curse...

How much did that BCBS set up back?
I have a lbs that has a bunch in stock (2014), but it's $10 a bottle. Can't bring myself to pull the trigger.
And yes, social media is a gift and a curse. An expensive curse...
Yeah it was $10. I'm an IPA guy but I'm just now getting in to stouts. I knew it was an exceptionally rated beer so when I saw it was available I bought it. I guess these can be aged? I'll drink it one day I suppose. 

La Cumbre is releasing their yearly offering of a 8.5% Nelson Sauvin based DIPA tomorrow. Super excited.

They just released a wet hopped Project Dank too. Nearly the best they have EVER done.

Then another local brewery, Bosque releases their Scale Tipper, a Brewing News National IPA champion, and two time NM IPA challenge winner. Then just days later, they release their GABF bronze medal winner in the wet hop category, Acequia. Both are frickin world class.

I am swimming in hop bliss right now. No point in not getting others in on the action though. Who wants some?

No Joke, now is the time to do some trades. Let me know by 3pm EST tom. :D

Last edited:
Yeah it was $10. I'm an IPA guy but I'm just now getting in to stouts. I knew it was an exceptionally rated beer so when I saw it was available I bought it. I guess these can be aged? I'll drink it one day I suppose. 
It's a good stout to get into. lol
Arguably my favorite beer. Top 3 at least.
They say you can age them up to 5 years. I only have 2013 and 2014 bottles. They aren't lasting 5 years.
My suggestion? It would be a fantastic Thanksgiving beer. That's when I'm drinking some of my stash.
Cheers

Last edited:
It's a good stout to get into. lol
Arguably my favorite beer. Top 3 at least.
They say you can age them up to 5 years. I only have 2013 and 2014 bottles. They aren't lasting 5 years.
My suggestion? It would be a fantastic Thanksgiving beer. That's when I'm drinking some of my stash.
Cheers
That sounds awesome. I'm sure it will go down nicely after all that thanksgiving food and dessert. Got me kinda pumped actually 
laugh.gif

Started following a few local liquor stores on instagram. It's become a gift and a curse :lol:

You from Norcal? One of my local spots started selling BCBS and BCBBW recently. I believe it was $10/bottle as well.

Sipping on some SMS tonight. This>KBS for sure.

You from Norcal? One of my local spots started selling BCBS and BCBBW recently. I believe it was $10/bottle as well.

Sipping on some SMS tonight. This>KBS for sure.

I am indeed. San Jose area. Was it Santa Clara Liquors? I know they posted that they had BCBS and BCBBW. They sold out of the BCBBW by the time I got there, otherwise I would have a bottle of that too. 

They have one of the better selections of craft beers in the area. Here's there instagram page https://instagram.com/santaclaraliquors/

^ Yup, Santa Clara Liquors. They do have a nice selection but charge a pretty high markup on some of their beers. Saw a sixer of GF Sculpin for $19.99 once :smh:

Is GF somewhat rare or something? I see you mentioned you saw it once. It never seems to sell out around my way. It's making me broke lol

Last edited:
This was when GF wasn't as readily available. They're everywhere now. Definitely my goto if I can't find anything decent.

This gives crazy incentive for people to drop everything and just open a brewery. I heard their beers were mediocre. I know many places selling mediocre craft beer. It's really all a gimmick anymore these days. One needs to truly find a place who's interests lie where your own feelings lie. All craft used to feel like everyones intentions were pure. I have to weed through the crap to find gems anymore these days.

Back
Top Bottom