NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

WOT! St. Archer got bought out too?

Goodness.

Never had Golden Road so it's whatever.

Last edited:
This gives crazy incentive for people to drop everything and just open a brewery. I heard their beers were mediocre. I know many places selling mediocre craft beer. It's really all a gimmick anymore these days. One needs to truly find a place who's interests lie where your own feelings lie. All craft used to feel like everyones intentions were pure. I have to weed through the crap to find gems anymore these days.
This. I'm less interested in the craft beer scene these days. My local breweries have gone from awesome beer geek hang outs to the trendy new place to hang. I was at a brewery the other week when a group showed up in a limo with no respect for anyone inside the building. It just isn't what it used to be. Golden road is hot garbage anyways so I'm not too bothered by it. Lagunitas was a huge letdown though.

Other Half keeps having can releases on the weekends I have work.  Currently missing out on All Green Everything, Citra, and Cascade.

today :smokin

Last edited:
My weekend plans be like...

Hop 15 (Double IPA, 10%) by Port Brewing in San Marcos, CA and and Nelson and Duet (Both single IPAs at 7%) by Alpine Beer in Alpine, CA 

All 3 got really high ratings online so I'm pretty pumped to try them. I just noticed that the Alpine beers are in Green Flash bottles. Looked it up and I guess Green Flash acquired Alpine back in 2014. Never had a beer from either of the breweries so I don't have a lot of knowledge except that they are suppose to be pretty good. 

Nelsons one of my favorite beers I've ever tasted. Straight from alpine brewing in a pitcher with friends. It's super juicy almost apricot like.

I've had only two beers from Golden Road and they were both average.

First time I tried their beer I was still a novice. second time I had it I realized how completely bland it tasted :lol:

I wouldn't drink their beers ever again.

Anybody in here ever had Home, Sour Home?
I'm not even a big sour guy at all, but I have this overwhelming need to try it.

I'm in Berkeley a lot and still haven't been to the rare barrel :smh:

Not a sour person either so that might explain it.

Finally feeling better after a bout with strep throat.  Had to treat myself to something nice.  This beer is easily 10+/10:

I hear some complaints about the recent Alpine green flash bottled products just not tasting the same. I had some week old Alpine awhile back from the SD brewery and it didn't quite live up to the hype. They seem to have just hit my area too. I also heard the price is a jump up from what Alpine sells them at (which doesnt make sense unless they are just hitting off the popularity of the company). So I may need to investigate myself as well.

Founders hits my state Monday, with a crazy draft tapping of most of their beers lineup, including FBS. I'm not sure how to contain myself.

Been doing most of my postings over at BA and untappd, But it's picking up in here for sure.

Traded some of these

Huge cache of local IPA/DIPAs that all seemed to release at the same time. Hop heaven FOR SURE. One actually took home a GABF gold medal last weekend.

For a random assortment of these

Some highlights so far. AleWerks Secret Admirer is worth seeking out. A really nice sweet tropical hop flavor kind of over takes your taste buds. Quite amazing. Suzy SMash, a blonde ale is just one well made beer. I guess it's dry hopped so it has an essence of a heavier beer, but totally poundable.
Wicked Weed Pernicious won a GABF. I found it grassy and lemony and just not totally WOWing me. Same with the two Other Halfs. Redankulous was quite good but I can find comparable hoppy reds here.

Is the blood orange gose a seasonal? Can only find the regular. That's solid but that blood orange is icing on the cake.

Back
Top Bottom