NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I enjoyed this, nice balance. Looking for the blueberry now.

Really want to try Samuel smith's strawberry beer but can't justify that price.

Last edited:
I was in Colorado/Denver last week
I did miss east coast IPAs but Denver scene is pretty sick!
Mockery, Crooked Stave, Ratio... that whole area with the breweries/restaurant/art work is awesome!
The peach blonde ale from Mockery was next level deliciousness!

Nice! Our beer scene is ridiculous...and the east coast/New England-style IPAs are making some headway here. Joyride, Fiction, Odd 13 & Weldwerks are leading that charge quite nicely.

And yeah, the RiNo section of Denver is packed with amazing beer. Ratio & Crooked Stave are two of absolute favorite breweries on earth. And agreed...that one from Mockery rocks.

Did you make it to TRVE?

Nice! Our beer scene is ridiculous...and the east coast/New England-style IPAs are making some headway here. Joyride, Fiction, Odd 13 & Weldwerks are leading that charge quite nicely.

And yeah, the RiNo section of Denver is packed with amazing beer. Ratio & Crooked Stave are two of absolute favorite breweries on earth. And agreed...that one from Mockery rocks.

Did you make it to TRVE?
Yeah the RiNo area was crazy and pretty much what is missing here on the east coast

The vibe was awesome, and everyone is so chill out there.

Crooked Stave actually had a very east-coast-esque IPA that was suuuupper good but I don't remember the name of it

Didn't make it to TRVE but my friend was telling me how its pretty much a death metal brewery and her favorite place on earth haha

We did go to Finns and had some bbq though... brisket was out of this world! 

liquor store around my way just got a stock in of founders brewing breakfast stout and KBS. Ive always wanted to try it, but since its the only store in my city that has it, theyre charging up like crazy. KBS is damn near $25 for a 4 pack

is it worth it?

Skip the KBS.

How much is the breakfast stout. That's worth it at around $12-$13, although they produced so much a few months ago it was on sale for $7.99 in a lot of markets. 

Yeah the RiNo area was crazy and pretty much what is missing here on the east coast
The vibe was awesome, and everyone is so chill out there.
Crooked Stave actually had a very east-coast-esque IPA that was suuuupper good but I don't remember the name of it

Didn't make it to TRVE but my friend was telling me how its pretty much a death metal brewery and her favorite place on earth haha
We did go to Finns and had some bbq though... brisket was out of this world! 

Oh yeah...that was Select #1, aka Crooked Stave's first ever "clean" beer. It blew my mind when I had it...those guys are so solid in everything they do. Super nice crew from the taproom to the owner, Chad. Super chill and they take really good care of me and my wife whenever we roll in.

I'm right there with your friend. TRVE is my favorite brewery in Denver. I'm a metalhead punk rock kid, so I love the vibe, their beers are really great and the people are super cool too.

Only been to Finn's once. It was pretty good. I'm super picky about my BBQ (I'm originally from Kansas City...ha!), but I dug it.

And here's a great look at Weldwerks' (from up in Greeley) Juicy Bits IPA (which is BONKERS) and the hazy IPA trend out here: http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/11/the-hottest-new-beer-in-colorado-taps-into-the-hazy-ipa-trend/

Last edited:
liquor store around my way just got a stock in of founders brewing breakfast stout and KBS. Ive always wanted to try it, but since its the only store in my city that has it, theyre charging up like crazy. KBS is damn near $25 for a 4 pack

is it worth it?
not a bad price, but not a good price

I paid maybe $22 this year...$20 the past couple of years

Le freak before this flight back to NY. Going to try and head to other half on Saturday for their can releases.

@Meyer23 -- the homie @Mangudai954 is broadening his horizons very quickly.

By the end of this year, he's gonna be drinking stouts exclusively.

laugh.gif
That's about all I drink anymore. Stouts/Porters but with the heat, they are sort of just sitting. Maybe a few sours or the like but mostly my Jack/Coke or actually been guzzling The High Life Lite.....yeah, The Unicorn Champagne of Beers 
laugh.gif
 (the lite is a little hard to find for some reason) 

Still can't stand any type of IPA/super hoppy beer so my choices are a bit limited.

Last edited:
It does but I found it disappointing overall. Too sweet. I did like the Tropic of Passion.

Last edited:
^^^That **** is gross. All that apple cider "beer" tastes like sparkling sugar butthole.

Ever try any of Ace's stuff? Much better tasting with only 1/3 of the sugar in angry orchard.

My first kolsch, looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Drank my first 2016 tonight while the wife and I started rewatching Game of Thrones from S1E1.
Gotta be honest. This needs to sit a bit more. A bit much for my taste right now.

picked up a 4 pack of this since I remembered the name and can design from someone posting it in this thread, went back and got two more 4 packs after trying it. I think I prefer it over even more jesus, it is extra smooth

Back
Top Bottom