NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I was able to grab one too. 

Anyone try this Oak Aged Abt 12 yet? It was $30....but the original Abt 12 is is one of my favorite beers.

Was able to grab a consecration today as well.

great pickup. I love Consecration, and all the Russian River sours or Belgians really. got a couple waiting at a friend's house for me for this weekend

Last edited:
Been low key drinking the same ol, went to a ipa challenge for my state. Many great but non spectacular. 28 in total. Been drinking down some homebrew in prep for a big family reunion. 30 gallons ready to go. 5 varieties.

Finally got some briney melon gose. Good but not great. That otra vez sort of fruit flavor is odd to me. Give me mm orange man.

Cascade is being distributed to my area. How are they? Kriek, apricot and blueberry sours will be available it seems. Worth going out of my way? Tasting tomorrow.

Last edited:
I've yet to delve into sour beers, honestly it doesn't sound too appetizing.

I do most of my beer shopping at TW. Its interesting to me that one location will have micro stuff one 4 miles away doesn't.

Didn't like the calliope at all. Straight tart bomb. I knew to expect tart going in but I was expecting there to be some balance. The hell or melon was meh. Come to think of it, I've yet to try a watermelon beer I enjoyed. Tried Abita's purple haze last night. It was awesome.

Last edited:
^ Agreed, that Hell or High Watermelon was actually terrible, imo.

Purple Haze is nice for the summer weather.

Cascade is being distributed to my area. How are they? Kriek, apricot and blueberry sours will be available it seems. Worth going out of my way? Tasting tomorrow.

Cascade is PHENOMENAL. Their stuff is world class all around.

That said, I don't drink as much of it as I would like because it's crazy expensive. Most 750s are well above 20 bucks, with many pushing $40.

Cascade is PHENOMENAL. Their stuff is world class all around.

That said, I don't drink as much of it as I would like because it's crazy expensive. Most 750s are well above 20 bucks, with many pushing $40.
Pretty much my feeling on them.  The beers I've had from them have been great, I just can't justify buying them anymore.  I still have about 4 bottles of stuff from them that have been sitting in my closet for a few years now because I feel too guilty cracking them open. 
laugh.gif

Finally got a taste of focal banger the other night. Equal at least to heady.

My boy went to the alchemist brewery yday. He told me that place is strict when i asked him to pick up a 4pk of focal along with his 2 4pks of heady. They wouldn't let him. So he grabbed me a 4pk of the crusher. I hope he'll just give me one of his heady toppers

heady = overrated

a good double IPA that came out recently that I would recommend is Troegs Nimble Giant...it's seasonal and it seems like what was distributed to my area about two weeks ago is gone now

i'd take it over heady

Heady is still one of the best NE style DIPAs out there, and is by far the most consistent of them all. the ones that come closest for me are the Trillium DIPAs, Bissell Bros, and Foundation.

Finally got a taste of focal banger the other night. Equal at least to heady.

My boy went to the alchemist brewery yday. He told me that place is strict when i asked him to pick up a 4pk of focal along with his 2 4pks of heady. They wouldn't let him. So he grabbed me a 4pk of the crusher. I hope he'll just give me one of his heady toppers

Was that the new brewery in Stowe? I'm heading out in that general area for a wedding soon. 2 cars. About 12 people. So truck chasing or spending half a day looking or driving for beers will be iffy, if not impossible. Most like beer in general and a random taphouse or low key brewery that has a true variety (im the only hop fiend) will happen. A brewery tour would be money. Was it 1 4pk per person? I'd be happy with just one. I see people hauling back 4 total cases of highly perishable product. That's not for me anymore. I actually thought of hauling out some NM IPAs for IP trades. I see quite the itinerary for a days worth of VT pickups. I wish I could do that lol

Any info you could maybe ask your buddy about would be nice. I'm not about that 1 hr. wait for a brewery tour life. But if I can make reservations or something, I would be okay.
----------------
Good info on Cascade. A local brewery has a Kriek (sour cherry flavors) that sells for ~$21-24/750 so the area is definitely used to that. At least in a once a year setting. Having these come here, in what may even be a full 7 beer sort of lineup is exciting. But terrifying on the wallet. I like that local Kriek, but don't ever really seek it out anymore.
-----

FW enters my state next week. Tap offerings of Parabola.. I better call into work the following day.
Also being offered in the tap takeover settings: PIVO, DBA, NITRO DBA, PALE 31, EASY JACK, UNION JACK, LUPONIC DISTORTION, DOUBLE JACK, NITRO MERLIN MILK STOUT, WOOKEY JACK, , STIVO, 19th ANNIVERSARY (How is that guys?), and BRETTA WEISSE.

I;ve had Parabola thanks to NT traders here. I've had Wookey jack, and union/double, and DBA in other bottle settings with various age. But on draft. Hell of a night ahead.

And this is why I question why these low key breweries open up. The big leaugers are coming to town

Last edited:
Was that the new brewery in Stowe? I'm heading out in that general area for a wedding soon. 2 cars. About 12 people. So truck chasing or spending half a day looking or driving for beers will be iffy, if not impossible. Most like beer in general and a random taphouse or low key brewery that has a true variety (im the only hop fiend) will happen. A brewery tour would be money. Was it 1 4pk per person? I'd be happy with just one. I see people hauling back 4 total cases of highly perishable product. That's not for me anymore. I actually thought of hauling out some NM IPAs for IP trades. I see quite the itinerary for a days worth of VT pickups. I wish I could do that lol

Any info you could maybe ask your buddy about would be nice. I'm not about that 1 hr. wait for a brewery tour life. But if I can make reservations or something, I would be okay.
----------------
Yeah, It was the new brewery in stowe. He told me they would only allow each person 2 4pk of each style. Even though they stated the priced of a case (~$75) its strictly 8cans of each brew.
I would assume that he waited close to an hr though lol. However Alchemist got invited to the season finale premier of Game of Thrones, thats pretty dope

this weeks 6 pack: Hop Nosh Tangerine IPA by Unita from SLC. pretty tasty. the tangerine is very apparent.

also copped a tall boy of The Brown Note from Against the Grain and that was damn good. dont know if its just a palate refresher since i havent had a brown ale in a long time, but i enjoyed it a lot.

Purple Sneaks, thanks for the info. Now to convince some family to take one for the team as they buy up a good 4-5 4 packs purely for my own consumption. Not to mention waiting in line. An hour is okay. I'm going 3,000 miles to get there in general. But they couldn't care less I'm sure. So it'll be about what I'm able to scrape up. It takes a loving family to cater to you like that. Not sure when to ask. Now or in a couple weeks when we're driving there.

------------
Hop nosh has a tangerine variety? The OG is a very solid West coast style of a somewhat piney up front flavored IPA. Very very good as a whole. Never knew of varieties. Thats crazy. Everyone is catching up with others. I know Modus Hoperandi by Ska has a tangerine variety that they canned awhile back. Everyone is trying to catch that Ballast Point strike of gold with their $1 billion dollar deal (based 90% of on sculpin and GF sculpin sales). Both Modus Hoperandi and Hop Nosh have that old school SN Torpedo hoppy bite (very tradtional I guess you could say). Fruit additions seem essential. I may have to try them again.

Congrats for getting fresh FW Wally.
I'm lucky to live about 20 minutes from FW Venice. I've had most of those on tap. Excellent stuff. Nitro Merlin is delicious. If they have Bretta Rose, jump on that.

also copped a tall boy of The Brown Note from Against the Grain and that was damn good. dont know if its just a palate refresher since i havent had a brown ale in a long time, but i enjoyed it a lot.

It might be my favorite brown ale.

Last edited:
And this is why I question why these low key breweries open up. The big leaugers are coming to town

Colorado has well over 200 breweries, with most every big-name brewery having distribution here too (except guys like Brooklyn, Allagash and a couple other heavyweights). That said, the local breweries are killing it...taprooms packed, increasing shelf presence, etc.

I hardly ever drink something from outside our borders. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I doubt it.

There's money to be made and good beers to be drank, especially locals.

Colorado has well over 200 breweries, with most every big-name brewery having distribution here too (except guys like Brooklyn, Allagash and a couple other heavyweights). That said, the local breweries are killing it...taprooms packed, increasing shelf presence, etc.

I hardly ever drink something from outside our borders. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I doubt it.

Pretty much the same deal in NY now.  Tons of new breweries, all of them are flourishing.  Big-name beers sit on the shelves collecting dust whereas the Grimm, Barrier, Singlecut, Finback, etc. sells like hotcakes.  When your local options are superior and fresher than the stuff that gets mass distributed, it's a no-brainer.

I was in Colorado/Denver last week

I did miss east coast IPAs but Denver scene is pretty sick!

Mockery, Crooked Stave, Ratio... that whole area with the breweries/restaurant/art work is awesome!

The peach blonde ale from Mockery was next level deliciousness!

Back
Top Bottom