NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I'm starting to go through my cellar. 80 bottles was ridiculous.

This is great. Almost barleywine-ish...

Also, any of you with BCBS bottles, check the dates. Refunds! I have 4 bottles left and all are eligible for a refund. It's a win-win. If the bottle is bad, I get my money back. If it's ok, I get to drink it and I get my money back.

Been a while NT. Been cutting down on my beer consumption lately getting ready for my Vegas trip :lol:. Sipping on this tonight. Tastes like a orange creamsicle with some bitterness at the end. Very nice stuff!

tried Treehouse Bright and Treehouse Green both were excellent. on par with Trillium DIPAs which are my favorite.

Been a while NT. Been cutting down on my beer consumption lately getting ready for my Vegas trip
laugh.gif
. Sipping on this tonight. Tastes like a orange creamsicle with some bitterness at the end. Very nice stuff!
Same here.  Been cutting back a ton since last week.  Pretty much decided to limit my drinking to weekends exclusively.  Been focusing more on exercising regularly, and beer isn't doing me any favors in that regard.  

wasn't going to pick up telekinesis but figured it would be nice for my girl. I got a little carried away buying dogfish hell hound and my Antonia after they put they on sale for 2.99

picked up a 4 pack of this since I remembered the name and can design from someone posting it in this thread, went back and got two more 4 packs after trying it. I think I prefer it over even more jesus, it is extra smooth
I know I posted about that. Love it. 13% or something. I actually mixed that with Even more Jesus and Biscotti Break. (Not all 3 at once, tho......yet
laugh.gif
)

Turned out real good!
I'm starting to go through my cellar. 80 bottles was ridiculous.

This is great. Almost barleywine-ish...

Also, any of you with BCBS bottles, check the dates. Refunds! I have 4 bottles left and all are eligible for a refund. It's a win-win. If the bottle is bad, I get my money back. If it's ok, I get to drink it and I get my money back.
I still have 6 bottles of BCS left and I checked my dates. Either 5 of the 6 or all 6 qualify. I can't remember. Gotta get it all squared away and mail it all in tho. 

these were good but im getting a little tired of Grimm ipa's, I have three more cans of catchwave I will probably trade away

Last edited:

Thrilled right now. My boy def came through with one of his HT's. Im drinking all of the Crusher first. Saving the best for last! Anyone tried heady yet? I know someone in here said it's not worth the hype, but i shall see lol.

Wally, btw i asked my boy and he said he waited in line for an hr and a half lol! However he did suggest to get there early whenever you plan on going. I may be going with him sometime before September. Cheers!

Anyone going to try and get Duck Duck Geuze but doesnt want all 6 bottles???

Anyone tried heady yet? I know someone in here said it's not worth the hype, but i shall see lol.

I've had it. It was good. I would never go out of my way to seek it again. It was nice to check it off my list.
I'm more of a Pliny guy.
If you can't find something in your local distro (or brewery) footprint that is comparable to HT, then you aren't looking hard enough.

In San Diego we have a bunch of breweries so we are spoiled.

In high school all the hype was about Blue Moon.  You pulled up to a party with a six pack of blue moon you were the man.

Now its all about Ballast Point Sculpin.  Strong, bitter beer that does that trick every time.

Broke my "no beer during the work week" rule once I saw this was at a distributor by my apartment.  There are exceptions to every rule:

Honestly? Meh.  Nothing inherently bad about it, but nothing that warrants the hysteria that these cans create.  I posted how I felt about this beer on BA and Grimm jumped on it right away saying "there's no accounting for taste 
wink.gif
".  Either way, I generally love their beers...but the juice wasn't worth the squeeze on this one.  Looking forward to trying the new Cloudbusting can, but not holding my breath when it comes to getting my hands on it.

I can't even think of beer right now. Family reunion weekend (finished up Sunday, but I had to recover a bit) was a success.

We had 5 beers on tap for one of those days. Can anyone guess which one was the most popular

a. CREAM ALE - 6.5%. ended up finishing 1.010, which made for a very crisp dry flavor. Some rice and corn flavors. Hallerteau light dry hopping. 20 IBUS.

b. RED RYE IPA. Tons of rye spiciness. Centennial, simcoe, and citra in the dry. 7.1% IBUS ~65

c. MILK STOUT. 6.3%. Your basic chocolate and char flavors

d. XOCOVEZA MILK STOUT- Our milk stout with your cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla beans, 5 blends of coffee, cacao nibs, and chile peppers

e. Scotch ale Wee heavy. 7.5% tons of syrupy sweet malty flavors

I think I called it when we brewed them up. Tons of Cream ale got brewed & consumed, along with the Red Rye IPA. Our Xocovezas main appeal was the coffee influence. That very well could have been 3rd. The others, a bit of an after thought. Cream ale was a true intro type of beer but super refreshing on that hot weekend. Professional clarity on most of them too. Not a single person had to bring outside beer that evening we hosted.

Other than home brew, I think we went through like 3 cases of Pilsner Urquell, and some other craft pale lagers. IPA consumption is at an all time low for me.. I had a GF sculpin yesterday and found it extremely bitter. My palate evolves way too much. Bitter to the point that I am starting to hate that sort of flavor. Even my local favorite IPA is souring my stomach. Weird weird stuff going on with my palate.

-----------

I feel yall on slowing down. I missed the Cascade premiere for my state, along with the Firestone walker stuff. I do know FW is at my TW. Decent prices. I may get some pivo and see how fresh the Jack series is. Blood Orange Gose made a re appearance at a local store. I think I'll pass. I'm starting to think a bit more on purchases. Impulse buys was something I was focusing on earlier this year. It got a bit out of hand, But now. I can miss a release and by that next day, my mind is on something else.

My phone crapped out last week. Havent checked into UT in a week or so.. Don't really miss the chase, hunt, or gawking.

Anyone else hear about the Terrapin brewery majority acquisition by SABMiller. I had some of their stouts. They were solid. It'll be easier now to pass them up as they become more readily available (and Miller takes in most of those profits).

Last edited:
Another successful bottleshare at the office today. Favorite out of the bunch was the Double Mosaic Dream from OH. So damn juicy and tropical. Gotta get my hands on some more!

I feel yall on slowing down. I missed the Cascade premiere for my state, along with the Firestone walker stuff. I do know FW is at my TW. Decent prices. I may get some pivo and see how fresh the Jack series is. Blood Orange Gose made a re appearance at a local store. I think I'll pass. I'm starting to think a bit more on purchases. Impulse buys was something I was focusing on earlier this year. It got a bit out of hand, But now. I can miss a release and by that next day, my mind is on something else.
Sounded like one hell of  party, son 
nthat.gif

I haven't bought **** this year. I've even been to lazy to even chase down some beers I would normally buy (basically impulse buys as well). I may stop after work and see if I can grab a Game Of Jones Imperial Milk Stout which I've always wanted to try but I bet it's gone, less money spent. 

Thrilled right now. My boy def came through with one of his HT's. Im drinking all of the Crusher first. Saving the best for last! Anyone tried heady yet? I know someone in here said it's not worth the hype, but i shall see lol.

Wally, btw i asked my boy and he said he waited in line for an hr and a half lol! However he did suggest to get there early whenever you plan on going. I may be going with him sometime before September. Cheers!

Heady is probably my all time favorite DIPA, in all truth the NE DIPAs like Heady, Sip of Sunshine, Bissell Bros, Foundation, Trillium etc etc aren't really DIPAs in the same sense that Pliny and other west coast ones are true DIPAs. Pliny is an IPA on steroids, Heady and the other NEs are really a different style that they haven't quite come up with a name for yet.

Back
Top Bottom