NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Liston to the man above me... tyranny Circus Boy and Jynx as well... also from Vermont Long Trail blackberry wheat and the double bag are the *%%%

Liston to the man above me... tyranny Circus Boy and Jynx as well... also from Vermont Long Trail blackberry wheat and the double bag are the *%%%

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Sooooo thirsty right now and I have a Sam Adams Summer Ale (yea yea whatevs it's the only thing I have in the house right now) in the fridge getting cold. I can't wait.

Pro tip:

If you pour your beer into a glass/mug at home, put the mug/glass in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes.  When it comes out it will nice and frosty.

d5d87c64b78cd20ecfb19c7c75f26859.jpg

Goes down extra smooth.
No hate or anything, but according to Beer Advocate you aren't supposed to do this. I agree with what they are saying. Beer itself is supposed to be served at different temperatures(most are better at slightly above fridge temp to cellar temp), but not in frosty glasses.

Sooooo thirsty right now and I have a Sam Adams Summer Ale (yea yea whatevs it's the only thing I have in the house right now) in the fridge getting cold. I can't wait.

Pro tip:

If you pour your beer into a glass/mug at home, put the mug/glass in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes.  When it comes out it will nice and frosty.

Goes down extra smooth.
No hate or anything, but according to Beer Advocate you aren't supposed to do this. I agree with what they are saying. Beer itself is supposed to be served at different temperatures(most are better at slightly above fridge temp to cellar temp), but not in frosty glasses.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by proper english

i need to get my hands on these:
images

nerd.gif

Scooped one of these up on the way home from work.

PM me your info and I'll put some 22's in the mail.
I had one last night, wasn't really impressed by it.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by proper english

i need to get my hands on these:
images

nerd.gif

Scooped one of these up on the way home from work.

PM me your info and I'll put some 22's in the mail.
I had one last night, wasn't really impressed by it.

Originally Posted by bonde111

Pro tip:

Goes down extra smooth.

i keep my trusty mug in my freezer, but its only for certain beers. if i was messing with a Heineken keg, the mug would be used. something with more flavor stays in the bottle. its only right.

Pro tip:

Goes down extra smooth.

i keep my trusty mug in my freezer, but its only for certain beers. if i was messing with a Heineken keg, the mug would be used. something with more flavor stays in the bottle. its only right.

Originally Posted by BRaTZ DoS

Pro tip:

Goes down extra smooth.

Well nothing against anyone in this thread  but I'm not a beer snob.  I work, I pay taxes, I watch sports and I enjoy my beer in an ice cold frosty mug.  If there's a guy at the party going around telling people "Hey bro, you're not drinking that beer at the right temperature" then I'm probably the guy at the party who is the exact opposite of that.  Then again, I probably wouldn't be at a party where people like that get invited. 

Pro tip:

Goes down extra smooth.

Well nothing against anyone in this thread  but I'm not a beer snob.  I work, I pay taxes, I watch sports and I enjoy my beer in an ice cold frosty mug.  If there's a guy at the party going around telling people "Hey bro, you're not drinking that beer at the right temperature" then I'm probably the guy at the party who is the exact opposite of that.  Then again, I probably wouldn't be at a party where people like that get invited. 

you drink %!*% beer super cold cause there is no taste to begin with
you drink quality beer for the flavor so drinking it that cold would defeat the purpose

and at parties they usually have %!*% beer so that would never happen

people can drink beer at whatever temperature but it would be similar to eating a a high quality steak well done 

you drink %!*% beer super cold cause there is no taste to begin with
you drink quality beer for the flavor so drinking it that cold would defeat the purpose

and at parties they usually have %!*% beer so that would never happen

people can drink beer at whatever temperature but it would be similar to eating a a high quality steak well done 

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

Beer elitists
laugh.gif

beer noob 
laugh.gif

see how that works?

So do you swish it around in your mouth and spit it out?  I see wine "experts" do that I was wondering if beer "experts" do the same thing. 
\

Beer elitists
laugh.gif

beer noob 
laugh.gif

see how that works?

So do you swish it around in your mouth and spit it out?  I see wine "experts" do that I was wondering if beer "experts" do the same thing. 
\

Beer elitists
laugh.gif

beer noob 
laugh.gif

see how that works?

no but beer is similar to wine where certain types should be drank at certain temperatures 

Beer elitists
laugh.gif

beer noob 
laugh.gif

see how that works?

no but beer is similar to wine where certain types should be drank at certain temperatures 

beer noob 
laugh.gif

see how that works?

All my post was just to say that that's not the correct method was all. Just wanting to pass along some correct knowledge that I've picked up. I do swish the beer around in my mouth gently because then all your taste buds can pick up on all the flavors going on. And I don't go to "parties" either, I find what adiosburritos says to be true for the most part, unless you have a "beer elitist" party
tongue.gif

Some people are fine with their Heinies and Busch, but I drink for the flavor and experience of not only trying something new, but trying what beer actually tastes like, and not a "triple hops brewed, beachwood aged nascar loving, Jay-z endorsing gimmick. Not calling you any of those by any means Ghenges, just so we're clear. There once was a time when I drank Heineken and the such, but to drink those beers now it's like night and day. Hell, Sam Adams I thought used to be some real decent stuff, but now it can't hold a candle to some of these great microbreweries in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom