NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I might have to get another to save, pricey but good for occasion

Oskar Blues is releasing Rum Barrel-Aged Fidy and DBC exclusively at the Longmont & Brevard breweries Dec 17th...can't wait.

this was pretty terrible

That was the overwhelmingly popular opinion. I haven't heard a single person say this was good.
When a brewery won't sell an IPA until almost 3 weeks AFTER canning date, you know something isn't right.
Monkish wouldn't even sell cans at their brewery. They had some in their fridge up front and refused to sell them.

Name of the beer fitting? :rofl:

Got another raise at work today.  Celebrated by copping a bottle of this:

Also got a can of BA Ten Fidy at a pretty reasonable price along with a BA Heavy Boots of Lead from Singlecut.  This calls for a celebration.

Did you pick up any of that world wide stout I see on the side?

this one is nice, a nice mix but I prefer the spices of regular mexican cake a little more

Last edited:
Got another raise at work today.  Celebrated by copping a bottle of this:

Also got a can of BA Ten Fidy at a pretty reasonable price along with a BA Heavy Boots of Lead from Singlecut.  This calls for a celebration.

Did you pick up any of that world wide stout I see on the side?

this one is nice, a nice mix but I prefer the spices of regular mexican cake a little more
Nah. WWS is very good, but the price is a little much for me.

I agree with your assessment if IMBCB. The spices were a bit too subdued for my liking. It was nice, but Mexican Cake is far superior.

Where the "what spirit do u drink" thread at?
Last couple months. Not ballin by any means. Jameson bottle is next

Last edited:
had low expectations for this, it's from august so i can't say it's a bad beer without trying fresh, but I can't imagine it being much better, wouldn't try again

FINALLY got around to trying the Xocoveza and Founders Breakfast Stout mix and mannnnnnnnnnnn it's delicious

^ All my local beer spots ran out of Xocoveza.

The only place that has it is a random bodega charging $19 for a sixer. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about Winter Warmers? Anyone try any of the seasonal witbiers yet?

Got this last tonight.

Lol I don't even want to know what you paid.

Is xoco spicier this year to anyone else?

It feels like forever ago but one year I did a 24 beers of "winter/christmas spiced beers" a couple of winters ago. Nothing has since been a repeat buy

From experience, alot of winter themed beers are basically hop less malty and sweet ales with a touch of "winter spice". IMHO, I would rather go the oatmeal, foreign extra, or imperial stout route. Even your barley wines and scotch ales are better than winter ales IMHO.

Just saw this, affirms my suspicions.

Last edited:
The 'heat' I get from Xoco this year feels more like its from the hops. Like its IBUs that make it spicy. not sure if that is even physically possible.

Mangudai954, some rep was there. He asked if I wanted the whole shipment. I had to do some math in my head before I went too crazy. There was probably just 4 cases for my entire city for that store. No limits. I had initial plans of getting just 4 cans in order to use a coupon that I had. I'll gift out a couple to coworkers and family.. I had as many as 20 in my cart when I approached register.. Then the numbers ran through my head. I'll let others flourish.. I heard a dude next to me say " I wish I could drop $70 on beer". Sadly he was off by about half.

It's a catch 22. Buy 3 now, who knows who walks in next and by tomorrow, nothing. I still see Abyss sitting and many other high priced bombers (old rasputin BA never sells at $24/bottle). So I think I left feeling okay with myself.

Cracked one open room temp upon arriving home.. It's really frickin good but I have no need for anymore.. It's not world changing in flavors, but well deserving of any sort of hype. Quite reminiscent of BCBS. So I told myself, If I am only guaranteed 1 BCBS bottle this year, I may as well get enough of this to last through the special occasions

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom