NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Totalwine restock on Xocoveza :smokin

I wanna get in on this combo :rofl:

Santa Clara Liquors? I think we've talked about this before but yeah I saw their post and then just a little bit later I saw they were sold out. I just had the regular Ten Fidy for the first time a couple weeks back. Was looking forward to trying the Barrel Aged stout. Maybe next time.

I think my local places are holding back BA Ten Fidy for their black friday "release". In the past, they tend to get other breweries involved, or they just hold back stuff from release. So you end up easily dropping $150 on "hyped" stuff. Last year when I showed up just a little after opening, only regular BCBS was available, but "hey look. We don;t have this. But we have these other BA imperial stouts".

Sly weasels

I think my local places are holding back BA Ten Fidy for their black friday "release". In the past, they tend to get other breweries involved, or they just hold back stuff from release. So you end up easily dropping $150 on "hyped" stuff. Last year when I showed up just a little after opening, only regular BCBS was available, but "hey look. We don;t have this. But we have these other BA imperial stouts".

Sly weasels
just passed on ba ten fidy, they wanted 15$, I was close to buying but couldn't pull the trigger for the price

Last edited:
People thought $14/ four packs were expensive. Now people are dropping $10-$20 on a 19.2 oz can. I definitely see the non appeal on multiple purchases. I think its worth at least one try easily.

What sucks about my local places. Unless you know someone, they really aren't revealing any sort of release info for BF. On GI, or anything else. We may get a FB post or email early next week. But it just adds to the hype.

Luckily, I am always up and around on BF at that hour. so It's no hassle. It's the one time of year they are allowed to take advantage of ppl.

BF for beer is one crappy practice imho.

When its all said and done, beer gets you buzzed and or drunk. A BA 1050 may be a little bit nicer, but is it worth the price constraints, when ppl complain at its given 48 oz. price point?

It;s all pretty interesting to me. I hear ppl complain about $16 19.2 oz cans, and even the 16.9 oz GI BCBS bottles @ $13, but they will easily drop $18 on a FW Parabola bottle. I realize not all beer is equal but its getting pretty close. I have only heard stories of BA 1050, so I will be all over atleast one can if I can obtain one. I respect others who do not see the appeal

Last edited:
You're right. My general estimate of $10-20 was off. I see most TWs trying to sell it at $12.99.

It seems for the most part, ppl are okay with $18-$20 22 oz bombers. But when that format changes, even $15 seems like a ripoff (math wise, IT:S A DEAL!). I think GI and their 16.9 oz format changed everyones perception of cost analysis.. I have my phones calculator out at all times..

So many brews have different formats, like Stone Enjoy by.. 12 oz bottles vs. a big bomber.. A 12 oz. single is cheaper by a long shot than a 22 oz. bomber.. Finding shops that sell the six pack individually as singles is half the problem thought. But when they do, they under price it . I'm easily spending $3 on each 12 oz. single vs. a 22 oz. bomber contunually priced at $9/22 oz. You do the math here

Last edited:
The scrapple scared me away from trying that ^^
Smoked meats in beer is just not good. I still shudder at the thought of that Rogue Maple Bacon Ale.
That being said, let us know how it is.

Got another raise at work today.  Celebrated by copping a bottle of this:

Also got a can of BA Ten Fidy at a pretty reasonable price along with a BA Heavy Boots of Lead from Singlecut.  This calls for a celebration.

Last edited:
in PA alcohol laws are changing...grocery stores that are licensed to sell beer can now sell wine

Weis Markets stores that have beer cafes are starting to put wine in and the one in town where I work is fire saling some stuff they don't have room for

I grabbed Anderson Valley Briney Melon Gose sixer for $6 and Avery Liliko'i Kepolo sixer for $7

grabbed my buddy Saucony Creek X Reserve belgian strong ale 4 pack for $5.49 and Lancaster Imperial Jo for $4

there were a few other things that were tempting the other day when I first checked it out...12 pack Lagunitas 12th of Never Ale, Victory Harvest Ale, Yards Rival

this was pretty terrible

That was the overwhelmingly popular opinion. I haven't heard a single person say this was good.
When a brewery won't sell an IPA until almost 3 weeks AFTER canning date, you know something isn't right.
Monkish wouldn't even sell cans at their brewery. They had some in their fridge up front and refused to sell them.

Back
Top Bottom