NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Picked up a six pack at my local bevmo. So good.

Rivertown Nice Melons gose is really good. Some people say they can't taste the watermelon which is surprising to me. Its the only watermelon beer ive enjoyed and its so easy to drink. Sour Monkey was interesting, dangerous even. But it isn't something I'd get on the regular or probably ever again.

Last edited:
Decided to take a break from the East coast "juice bombs" yesterday to try a beer I've overlooked for quite some time:

Not too shabby.  Nice candied orange fruit note with a caramel malt backbone to it.  Don't think I'd purchase this regularly, but the change of pace is definitely appreciated.

Lately I've been finding that I tend to hit a wall with my beer drinking.  It seems like 4 beers in a day is my maximum tolerance these days.  Doesn't matter how I spread them out, doesn't matter how buzzed I am at the time, doesn't matter how much I planned on drinking...my brain just seems to say "enough" after that 4th beer.  Probably for the best. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
^ Had that when I was in SD. Remembered it to be pretty good. Had Fortem last night. Pretty tasty! Had a juicy fruit bubblegum like aroma and taste. I can dig it!

Half Acre just started distributing to Norcal. Picked up some Daisy Cutter and Double Daisy Cutter. Will probably be trying them out tonight.

Having another Fortem. So good.
Tried Fortem yesterday. Didn't realize that it was an unfiltered IPA until I grabbed it from the shelf. Just had seen Firestone's IG post about the beer and the coming series. It was good and very smooth but I expected more, thought it was going to be something crazy like a Barrelworks type ground breaking beer from their IG post. Also tried Firestone's Luponic Distortion #5 yesterday. It's much lighter then #4. So far in that series I think #3 has been my favorite, I still will drink it when I see it on tap at bars.

Sours get pricey quick. Gonna have to bite the bullet eventually lol. That's part of why Bel air stands out to me. Unfortunately TW is almost out of it.

On another note, It appears that Surly Brewing has a distribution deal(?) with Total Wine Florida. Did they move into another states recently? I hear conflicting things about their beers so I got the one I found most interesting. Not sure what to expect with the midas touch but I'm looking forward to it.

What 750ml sours would you all suggest?

Last edited:
Decided to take a break from the East coast "juice bombs" yesterday to try a beer I've overlooked for quite some time:

Not too shabby.  Nice candied orange fruit note with a caramel malt backbone to it.  Don't think I'd purchase this regularly, but the change of pace is definitely appreciated.

Lately I've been finding that I tend to hit a wall with my beer drinking.  It seems like 4 beers in a day is my maximum tolerance these days.  Doesn't matter how I spread them out, doesn't matter how buzzed I am at the time, doesn't matter how much I planned on drinking...my brain just seems to say "enough" after that 4th beer.  Probably for the best. :lol:  

Liver cirrhosis city

Your body is telling you something :lol:

Last edited:

Tried Fortem yesterday. Didn't realize that it was an unfiltered IPA until I grabbed it from the shelf. Just had seen Firestone's IG post about the beer and the coming series. It was good and very smooth but I expected more, thought it was going to be something crazy like a Barrelworks type ground breaking beer from their IG post. Also tried Firestone's Luponic Distortion #5 yesterday. It's much lighter then #4. So far in that series I think #3 has been my favorite, I still will drink it when I see it on tap at bars.
Agreed, it definitely wasn't a game changer but still a very solid double IPA.  I've been having a lot of Torpedos and St. Archer IPAs lately so this Fortem release fit in pretty well.

I'm heading to the East Coast for a week in April and I plan to check out Other Half in Brooklyn.  You guys have me pretty hyped from all the Other Half posted in here.  I only plan to check out 1 brewery (possibly 2) while I'm out there.  Would you guys recommend going somewhere else or is Other Half all that it's hyped up to be?  I'll be in NY (mainly Brooklyn), Boston, and DC for a few days each.  

Thanks in advance! 

^ definitely worth checking out other half, threes brewing is not too far from otherhalf, other spots to check out in Brooklyn and queens are interboro brewing, lic beer project (I'm a big fan of them), Greenpoint brewing (not a huge fan myself), Brooklyn also has some bars with crazy tap lists, torst bar is a favorite of mine (it's owned by the owner of evil twin brewing)

DC and Boston have some great beer options as well

Last edited:
A local brewery won the Brewing News National IPA Challenge, (a challenge going back now 10 plus years as a bracket style tourney). It happened to be La Cumbre Project Dank.

It's funny. Maybe because im so used to having it weekly, and as each batch changes hopping/malts every month or so, I get to try it all. but Ive been in a funk with that one lately. This AWARD changes nothing. It has quite the up charge in price compared to the standard offering, But I never really feel that it is WORTH IT to have it maybe more than four times a year.

I had the winning batch today and it didnt quite wow me. I cant really pinpoint if I am just spoiled. Its like We only like the rare stuff or beers we trade for that arent always attainable.. I'm trying to capture what the "hype" is about and I just cant get it. It's selling like crazy now that it has a new title . For the 4th year in a row, the IPA challenge title has gone to NM. All of those pretty much west coast IPA with tropical elements.

its good but is it the best? i guess thats the sort of underdog attitude you have growing up here. You dont feel deserving of top awards and feel its greener elsewhere. I know I've traded that with a few people here over the years. I dont feel a lot has changed. But outsiders in a blind format still love what that beer is about. I cant blame them. But I want something less abrasive and more in the NE ipa format.. I guess you cant win them all :D

Last edited:
^ definitely worth checking out other half, threes brewing is not too far from otherhalf, other spots to check out in Brooklyn and queens are interboro brewing, lic beer project (I'm a big fan of them), Greenpoint brewing (not a huge fan myself), Brooklyn also has some bars with crazy tap lists, torst bar is a favorite of mine (it's owned by the owner of evil twin brewing)

DC and Boston have some great beer options as well
Thanks for the recommendations.  Adding torst to the list.. and maybe lic.

I cant speak highly enough of brooklyn bel air.

Enjoying Surly xtra citra right now. Not bad, its the second citra apa ive had, but the other one is way better. If you're ever in Florida, check out Due South's citrafied apa. Smooth orange peel with a little malt in the mix.

Burial Winnower Porter with cocoa nibs and raspberries. The cocoa balances out the sweetness of the berries nicely.

Back
Top Bottom