NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

^Elysian Punkocinno is far better and arguably the best pumpkin I’ve had, if not then SGB is the best

Interested in trying the chai tea pumking if I catch it on draft

Might go for the coffee pressed pumking if I can get it for a $2 happy hour special by my work

Have to have SGB pumpkin on nitro once every year

Other than that, I’m good on “pumpkin” ales

Not even trying to be a beer snob or a contrarian, but I just don't like pumpkin spice no matter the medium. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin beer, pumpin pastries, etc....can't do it.

Cracked these tonight for the Yankees/Sox game. ONE>>>III>2.
0-1.jpg

0-2.jpg

0-3.jpg

Any of you NYCers gonna be at Other Half this week/weekend? Wondering if you guys can proxy me some of the stouts they have sitting (Short, Dark & Wired and Double Sunset). Lmk! Have had plenty of their IPAs but I wanna try their stouts

Edit: probably going to pay a mule from one of the FB groups for this weekend's OH daydream release. Space diamonds and mosaic daydream are my favorite beers I've had from them, can't wait to see what space daydream and triple mosaic tastes like. Figure after gas and tolls, paying a mule fee and shipping works out to be cheaper

Last edited:
^got a bottle the other day but haven't tried it yet

they are doing CBS again next month

i'll likely buy if available in 4 pack format

if anyone that's interested wasn't aware, Born Yesterday is out...bottled a few days ago I believe

Any of you NYCers gonna be at Other Half this week/weekend? Wondering if you guys can proxy me some of the stouts they have sitting (Short, Dark & Wired and Double Sunset). Lmk! Have had plenty of their IPAs but I wanna try their stouts

Edit: probably going to pay a mule from one of the FB groups for this weekend's OH daydream release. Space diamonds and mosaic daydream are my favorite beers I've had from them, can't wait to see what space daydream and triple mosaic tastes like. Figure after gas and tolls, paying a mule fee and shipping works out to be cheaper
Definitely the better option. I humored the idea of driving up to Hudson Valley tomorrow for the Peach/Cider Donut/Banana Cinnamon Pancake Silhouette release, but I did the math and it makes more sense to get a mule or just buy cans on MBC considering I'd really only want a 4-pack of each.

With that in mind, I went to Grimm and OH yesterday instead. Got a 4-pack of SD&W and a bottle of the Honduran Double Sunset (Brazilian was sold out). Had a taster of the Brazilian on tap and it was above average, but nothing to go crazy over. SD&W, however, is great this time around. Really turned a corner. Super fresh coffee notes with the cocoa and vanilla makes this taste like an incredible cold-brew concoction. The lactose helps round out the flavors and thicken up the final product.

If you're gonna get a mule, you chose a great release to do so. Double Citra Daydream and Space Daydream are some of their best from their regular rotation. Wish I wasn't working all weekend.

Definitely the better option. I humored the idea of driving up to Hudson Valley tomorrow for the Peach/Cider Donut/Banana Cinnamon Pancake Silhouette release, but I did the math and it makes more sense to get a mule or just buy cans on MBC considering I'd really only want a 4-pack of each.

With that in mind, I went to Grimm and OH yesterday instead. Got a 4-pack of SD&W and a bottle of the Honduran Double Sunset (Brazilian was sold out). Had a taster of the Brazilian on tap and it was above average, but nothing to go crazy over. SD&W, however, is great this time around. Really turned a corner. Super fresh coffee notes with the cocoa and vanilla makes this taste like an incredible cold-brew concoction. The lactose helps round out the flavors and thicken up the final product.

If you're gonna get a mule, you chose a great release to do so. Double Citra Daydream and Space Daydream are some of their best from their regular rotation. Wish I wasn't working all weekend.
Yep went ahead and got the mule. Standard rate ($10 a pack). Got all the HV and all the Daydreams. Came out to an average of $8 a can after fees and shipping. I'll gladly pay that since that's roughly what I'd pay for a draft.

Not something I'd do want to do often but a trifecta of Daydreams and Silhouettes was a no brainer. Splitting with a buddy since I don't need a full pack of each.

aviary-image-1539296065282.jpeg

Lights On by Treehouse

If Daisy Cutter is my favorite Pale Ale, this is my favorite hazy pale ale. I find that a lot of times, pale ales tend to be less juicy and more resinous due to the lower ABV. This is not the case here. Great papaya and citrus flavor with a good resinous backbone. Was going to sample it next to Lights Out but opted for this instead to finish the night:
aviary-image-1539310284720.jpeg

Sunny Side Up - Hazelnut by Pizza Boy

First SSU variant of the season. Coffee still dominates from the base beer. Roasted notes of the hazelnut making the beer more bitter. Not sweet at all but still digging it. It's like if you were to add Hazelnut syrup to black coffee rather than a Hazelnut creamer.

Marley's has been brewing a lot of different beers lately...they're kinda known for their peanut butter red ale...it's decent

My one buddy goes there pretty much weekly, he's friends w/ the brewmaster and they brewed an IPA for his wifes 60th birthday together (though when I stopped by to give him some cans I picked up for him he said he wasn't really helping much since he never brewed and just did what the brewmaster told him :lol:)

I go to filet after work for happy hour on occasion (most drafts are $2 for a 10 oz) during happy hour 4-6, 7 days a week...though it's hard to get there these days w/ three kids

years ago, Marley's used to occupy the space that Filet is in now

I live in Northumberland, so I'm a couple of miles from the Marina

There is a place that eventually will be opening in Sunbury at Spy Glass winery...Three Beards which has been really well received in the area from the brew/wine fests done around here

food is good at SGB, it's on the healthier side of things so don't expect things like fries on the menu...I can make suggestions if you go there...I've had at least a few dozen distinct beers from them between all the regular, rotational, and one offs they have done

recently, a place called Que Brew opened a few blocks away from them but it's not kid friendly

another place in between that is ok to check out is Old Forge in Danville which you've likely heard of...decent beer, good food...they've tried there hand at doing hazy IPA's pretty recently and the can cost is very reasonable when available...$12-$14 per 4 pack

I've never been but I heard Spy Glass has some decent music up there every once in awhile.

Yeah, Ive been to Old Forge, they have some decent offerings but nothing that really stands out. Turkey Hill and Berwick Brewing are the same for me. Turkey Hill puts out the better of all 3, imo. Bull Frog out in Williamsport is amazing. Ive only been out there twice because there isnt any other reason to go to Williamsport besides BF.

Have you ever been up to Breaker Brewing in Wilkes Barre? They have been putting out some pretty good things as of the past few months. Started canning around a year ago and have been getting some good feedback. Only gripe about Breaker is that they are charging 20-22 per 4pk and their stouts are thin, lol. If you ever come up to the Wilkes Barre area also make sure to check out Sabatini's bottle shop in Exeter. They usually have a crazy draft list and the bottle selection is like no other. Its a must visit, imo.

^been to Sabs a couple of times...the bottle shop selection can be overwhelming but I’m sure by far the best in the area...I know they’ve done some nice tap takeovers that nobody else anywhere near there would get like Surly, Hill Farmstead, Hair of the Dog

Never been to Breaker but I got a buddy in Bloom that goes to a lot of their releases so I’ve tried a decent number of their beers

New Trail opened in Williamsport in Spring...they’re worth checking out and their can prices are very reasonable

Here’s a couple of recent releases from them

94F5E914-D308-4A67-AD78-3D2615D50CC3.png
AA8EC999-9793-4A6F-A4C3-CA42027012B8.png

The first was $13 a 4 pack, the second was $12

For beer I’d choose New Trail over Bullfrog...a lot of the ale Roar Grzz stuff is great but it’s also $30 a bottle and usually not on draft except when they release the bottles...other than that a lot of beers I’ve had over the years (I’m actually from Williamsport) are swing/miss for me

The head brewer at New Trail was formerly the head brewer at Kane and brewery ops manager at Tired Hands

I never make a point to go to Turkey Hill or Berwick...not that I think there beers are bad, I just haven’t really had anything great...usually when I go to Old Forge it’s on a Wednesday when me and my wife can meetup there on a Wednesday when they have a $1 white bbq pork slider special and one beer on tap for $2 :lol:

So stoked for the Shelton Brothers Festival Friday...look at that beer list.

http://www.sheltonbrothers.com/the-festival-2018/

Not to mention the events at bars this week with even more craziness (Tired Hands tap takeover, Cantillon everywhere, etc.)...
That looks crazy. Wonder if Tired Hands will put on a milkshake. The Guave Lavender one they just did was suprisingly very tasty

I'd go for all the Cantillon and Lambic beers I could get. Still have yet to try any Cantillon

Lit for my Niners L tonight

Attachments

• 111C0686-DCC6-45B7-AA19-5596921841AA.jpeg
    111C0686-DCC6-45B7-AA19-5596921841AA.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 3
  • 6FBFAF49-E6CF-4FC2-9D04-D362529D1E9D.jpeg
    6FBFAF49-E6CF-4FC2-9D04-D362529D1E9D.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 3
  • 89D347FA-C3E4-4546-864C-01A3523215EB.jpeg
    89D347FA-C3E4-4546-864C-01A3523215EB.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 3
Weekend recap, had a Dentist appointment Saturday figured I would reward myself:

Brouwerij West - Alligator, IPA. Nothing but stellar beers from Broujeri.

IMG_20181020_225815.jpg

Mikkeller - Supah Sik Spells, Imperial IPA

IMG_20181021_202628.jpg

Back
Top Bottom