NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Will do homie. This batch was made with a special batch of coffee beans from the PNW I believe so I'm not sure how that affects the taste but regardless I'll do full reviews of the beers I get from Treehouse and Trillium.

At Treehouse I was able to get Julius, Green, Haze, Lights Out, Lights On, Impermanence and Double Shot. Literally could not have had a better selection
I think you mean they make the best ipas and adjunct stouts. The beer world is vast. They certainly aren't killing it with marzens or their lagers.

It's crazy though. When I was there in August, DS was on the draft list. Maybe 4 people got a pour of that. I had a sip. It was solid. But now that there's a one bottle limit, cue the craziness. People are inherently sheep and have to be told of ones rare factor.

I suggest you having some TH next to some of your regular local stuff , blind. They aren't as great as we think. Or others are JUST as great

A week or two back, they had like 9-11 different beers available to go. People were hauling back 17-20 cases and $1500 less out of their wallets. Definitely a great time to visit TH. I see they have been open Sundays lately. Too bad they couldn't have done that last year
@Comparison Ford
How has Hudson valley been doing? Hype getting out of hand there? Place isn't exactly set up for big releases. I definitely miss their unique sour profile the most out of all beers I've tried recently. Not missing TH to be honest.

Will do homie. This batch was made with a special batch of coffee beans from the PNW I believe so I'm not sure how that affects the taste but regardless I'll do full reviews of the beers I get from Treehouse and Trillium.

At Treehouse I was able to get Julius, Green, Haze, Lights Out, Lights On, Impermanence and Double Shot. Literally could not have had a better selection

Hol up. You got all of that on a weekend night? I got there right around open and missed out on Green by about 50 people, and just barely got some Julius

People were hauling back 17-20 cases and $1500 less out of their wallets.

I think you mean $1500 more in their wallets. The resell game of TH beers are insane. I'm talking $10/can for the regular release IPAs. Juice Machine was going for $100/can

Had some bottles I held on to and my wife is on a declutter/organize frenzy

Didn’t think she would go for this

47A45508-4D68-4D87-8A77-8622FDBD9284.jpeg
84B7651C-07C3-4553-A068-84A210F1519E.jpeg

I think you mean they make the best ipas and adjunct stouts. The beer world is vast. They certainly aren't killing it with marzens or their lagers.

It's crazy though. When I was there in August, DS was on the draft list. Maybe 4 people got a pour of that. I had a sip. It was solid. But now that there's a one bottle limit, cue the craziness. People are inherently sheep and have to be told of ones rare factor.

I suggest you having some TH next to some of your regular local stuff , blind. They aren't as great as we think. Or others are JUST as great

A week or two back, they had like 9-11 different beers available to go. People were hauling back 17-20 cases and $1500 less out of their wallets. Definitely a great time to visit TH. I see they have been open Sundays lately. Too bad they couldn't have done that last year
@Comparison Ford
How has Hudson valley been doing? Hype getting out of hand there? Place isn't exactly set up for big releases. I definitely miss their unique sour profile the most out of all beers I've tried recently. Not missing TH to be honest.
Damn dog, couldnt even let me enjoy my TH visit :lol: been planning this Boston trip for months. Double shot was 2 per person and they ended up releasing two variants of it. Plus it's lasting several days

Sike nah, Id agree that a lot of other breweries have caught up but I do inherently believe that Treehouse and their offerings are distinct when compared to other breweries. And a lot of it has to do with mouthfeel and balance of their beers. It's also cheaper than my local stuff believe it or not (I'm looking at you Tired Hands)

I really like Trillium beers but a lot of their stuff tastes just like the local stuff I can get

Hol up. You got all of that on a weekend night? I got there right around open and missed out on Green by about 50 people, and just barely got some Julius
I went on a Thursday and they had plenty.

They replenished Julius three times since the last week or so. I think they wanna make sure at least that is fully stocked

^true true true. Price point on TH is amazing. I was paying more for crappier stuff for sure.

I can see why people stock up. Couldn't see myself trading for it anymore. But I'm guessing trading is as big as ever before.

Aromas did nothing for me with TH beers. Mouthfeel for sure though. Saving grace.

based mod based mod where is this happening? FB groups? In person? Selling is highly illegal. Read a story of a lady who was hauling back HT years ago and got caught up in a sting operation. I've always been more of a $4$ trader. Are we talking $10 worth of value for some Th cans ( that retail for $4) into a trade. That's a nice value come up. Or are we talking straight cash? I know I've reported some eBay sellers to no avail

based mod based mod where is this happening? FB groups? In person? Selling is highly illegal. Read a story of a lady who was hauling back HT years ago and got caught up in a sting operation. I've always been more of a $4$ trader. Are we talking $10 worth of value for some Th cans ( that retail for $4) into a trade. That's a nice value come up. Or are we talking straight cash? I know I've reported some eBay sellers to no avail

FB groups. Search "beer razzle." Basically raffling off beers.

$4$ is the way to go, cats gotta stop treating beers like stocks. The main purpose of trading for me is to provide beers that neither parties can get locally

Also, was able to grab Sip of Sunshine which I'm very excited about. I'll do a whole summary of my trip when I'm back home. I will definitely miss this city. Such a beautiful city with a bunch of cool, distinct neighborhoods. Also helped that there was something in the "air" with the Yankees being in town for the ALDS

Haven’t had beer in a while. Maybe that horchata beer. Modelo micheladas. Budweiser. Bud light if I’m thirsty.

Quick summary of my Boston trip:

Drove Thursday afternoon to our AirBNB in Quincy. Stopped at Treehouse on the way. To my surprise they had canned Green the day prior (my favorite TH IPA) and released bottles of Double Shot that day. They also had leftover cases of Julius and Haze which was awesome. The Treehouse "campus" is gorgeous, a lot smaller than in pictures. Can and pint proceds was very organized. I was able to get Doubleganger and Super Typhooj on draft. Double is :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: my only complaint is that they serve the beer extremely cold.

Was able to make it to the Trillium beer garden on the Greenway the next day. Cool little pop up for people to get their fix since the Fort Point location doesn't do pours. Headed there after to grab cans, cool little hole in the wall spot. Was surprised to see Toppling Goliath on tap next door at Row 34. Also gotta to check out the new Trillium resturaunt that will be replacing their current spot. Opens at the end of the month

As for the city itself, me and my girl was able to see every neighborhood and Boston and then some. We walked the Freedom Trail on Friday which was dope because I'm really into the Revolutionary War. Saturday we rented bikes and rode around Cambridge, Fenway, and Fort Point. Highly recommended as a means for getting around the city.

All in all a great trip, I definitely want to go back soon, even if not for the beer. I love seafood and I love when cities have easily accessible distinct neighborhoods.

Now for the pics:

20181004_180901.jpg
20181005_162732.jpg
20181006_170448.jpg
20181007_170441.jpg
20181007_170915.jpg
20181007_171246.jpg

Quick review while I'm at it. I've only had this one and was blown away so I was beyond happy to get cans during my visit. 10/3 can and as good as I remember. Good amount of fruit flavor to it, pretty much lemon lime sorbet with a hint of pineapple and orange. But it's never too sweet. It has a resinous, herbaceous quality to it that reminds you that this is an IPA.

And we all know about the legendary Treehouse mouthfeel. It's so creamy and smooth that you think there's lactose added to it but there's not. And the mouthfeel doesn't equate to a "heavy" beer. Absolutely wonderful.

20181007_174852.jpg

^looks like you brought a good amount of stuff back but I always recommend to ppl that go to Trillium in Fort Point to check out Fort Point Market next door

They get some nice stuff and you can break down packs and buy singles

^looks like you brought a good amount of stuff back but I always recommend to ppl that go to Trillium in Fort Point to check out Fort Point Market next door

They get some nice stuff and you can break down packs and buy singles
Yeah I checked that place out since they got Cantillon a few weeks ago but looks like I missed it

The thing I liked about Trillium is that you could breakdown four packs there. Haven't seen that at many breweries I've been to

few from yesterday: Founders all day session ale, Mikkeller California dream (Pilsner)

IMG_20181006_184408.jpg
IMG_20181006_220950.jpg

Sunday:

Monkish - Flee With The Lottery IPA 32 oz fill -all around delicious.

MVIMG_20181007_193211.jpg

Yea, I work in Bloom actually

Seldom (very seldom actually) go to Marleys...my wife brought it home after going there with some coworkers

I live about 20 miles south of there and am closer to SGB (Selin’s Grove Brewing) which is the crown jewel of the area IMO

Yea, I work in Bloom actually

Seldom (very seldom actually) go to Marleys...my wife brought it home after going there with some coworkers

I live about 20 miles south of there and am closer to SGB (Selin’s Grove Brewing) which is the crown jewel of the area IMO

Nice! I grew up near Bloomsburg (Numidia) but moved up to Wilkes Barre for college years back and never moved back home. Ive been wanting to move back but I need to find a job like the one I have now and the only option pretty much would be Geisinger. I always pass Marley's but never stopped in, if I ever stop for a drink before I head back up to WB I usually go to Filet downtown. Pretty decent draft list and a very nice selection of Bourbons and such.

I have never been to SGB either, Ive heard that the beer is good and the food is amazing but I'm rarely in that area unless I go to the marina with my family. Ill have to make the trip down one of these weekends.

There's a bar I go to on Saturday nights that's popping I usually get Coors light on draft. I don't care for the taste but it's a big cup for 2.50. but if I cop beer for the crib usually go with modello, Heineken or dos equis

Marley's has been brewing a lot of different beers lately...they're kinda known for their peanut butter red ale...it's decent

My one buddy goes there pretty much weekly, he's friends w/ the brewmaster and they brewed an IPA for his wifes 60th birthday together (though when I stopped by to give him some cans I picked up for him he said he wasn't really helping much since he never brewed and just did what the brewmaster told him :lol:)

I go to filet after work for happy hour on occasion (most drafts are $2 for a 10 oz) during happy hour 4-6, 7 days a week...though it's hard to get there these days w/ three kids

years ago, Marley's used to occupy the space that Filet is in now

I live in Northumberland, so I'm a couple of miles from the Marina

There is a place that eventually will be opening in Sunbury at Spy Glass winery...Three Beards which has been really well received in the area from the brew/wine fests done around here

food is good at SGB, it's on the healthier side of things so don't expect things like fries on the menu...I can make suggestions if you go there...I've had at least a few dozen distinct beers from them between all the regular, rotational, and one offs they have done

recently, a place called Que Brew opened a few blocks away from them but it's not kid friendly

another place in between that is ok to check out is Old Forge in Danville which you've likely heard of...decent beer, good food...they've tried there hand at doing hazy IPA's pretty recently and the can cost is very reasonable when available...$12-$14 per 4 pack

Long time lurker, love seeing everyone's pick ups and reviews :smokin

Living in the Bay, super jealous of all the East coasters.
Been wanting to try some TH and OH for the longest

Back
Top Bottom