NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Had this as a night cap last night. Still very boozy for a little over a year old. Delicious nonetheless

20180924_202755.jpg

I do love SSU for what it is. It's delicious, cheap, and readily available. For that, I have no problems it being my go to, everyday stout in the colder months. My main grip is that it's a tad bit thin and could be mistaken as a porter but oh well. That's probably preferable if you plan on having it on a regular basis.

However, Tired Hand's Only Void Awake Minds is probably the best representation of a coffee stout that I've had. Great body, strong smooth coffee flavor with a great creaminess.

Been doing angry orchard lately, any other recommendations that taste just as good or better thats also stronger?

Gatherer is a fantastic stout, I drank two and gonna cellar the rest until next year

Angry Orchard? Cmon b, we better than that. If it's available in your area, look for Big Hill Ciderworks

Gatherer is a fantastic stout, I drank two and gonna cellar the rest until next year

Angry Orchard? Cmon b, we better than that. If it's available in your area, look for Big Hill Ciderworks

my bad boss not a beer connoisseur like yourself, thats why I asked, thanks tho

I see your from NYC from your profile. If you like ciders check out Wassail in the lower east side, its a cider based restaurant, Im not a huge fan of ciders but they have some offerings that were very very good. Same with The Owl Farm in Brooklyn. They have ciders from all over the world, its worth checking out.

I'm playing g, Angry Orchard nice for what it is. I dig the Rose joint.

But yeah if you can find Big Hill, I would start with that. Essentially a hoppy cider, **** is delicious

Im starting to get into ciders, i want my beer to taste good lol not a fan of IPA's cuz they taste so damn bitter

Unless yall got some good recommendations, gonna try both of those places greatabyss43 greatabyss43 thanks

af1 1982 af1 1982 we good chief :pimp:

Im starting to get into ciders, i want my beer to taste good lol not a fan of IPA's cuz they taste so damn bitter

Unless yall got some good recommendations, gonna try both of those places greatabyss43 greatabyss43 thanks

af1 1982 af1 1982 we good chief :pimp:

NEIPAs which are all the rage these days have almost zero bitterness. The NYC NTers can help you out with recs. If you're anywhere near the Red Hook area, check Other Half.

I'm Boston this weekend. Stopped at Treehouse this evening and was so damn glad they happened to can Green this week.

I was also able to grab full allotments of Impermanence and Double Shot between me and my girl so that was a very very nice bonus

Treehouse and Other Half make the best beers in the country and no one can convince me otherwise

Ughh I wish I could have taken a trip up for that double shot. I've been wanting to try that for sometime now. Please let us know how it is

Ughh I wish I could have taken a trip up for that double shot. I've been wanting to try that for sometime now. Please let us know how it is
Will do homie. This batch was made with a special batch of coffee beans from the PNW I believe so I'm not sure how that affects the taste but regardless I'll do full reviews of the beers I get from Treehouse and Trillium.

At Treehouse I was able to get Julius, Green, Haze, Lights Out, Lights On, Impermanence and Double Shot. Literally could not have had a better selection

Been on the straight-and-narrow with regard to my consumption cutback. However, I'm off for the next two nights so I'm indulging for the Colts vs. Patriots game. Here are some of the highlights over the past month or so. Just gonna pic dump this time.

0-1.jpg

0-2.jpg

0-3.jpg

0-4.jpg

0-5.jpg

0-6.jpg

0-7.jpg

0-8.jpg

0-9.jpg

Will post reviews upon request. Cheers, NT!

I saw their IG story today and was about to call in a sick day today and tomorrow but I had too much to do at work to make that move. Hopefully will hit a raffle or just go secondary for that DS

Had Doubleganger on tap, Ford. I thought it was outstanding. Mango notes came through very nicely

Been on the straight-and-narrow with regard to my consumption cutback. However, I'm off for the next two nights so I'm indulging for the Colts vs. Patriots game. Here are some of the highlights over the past month or so. Just gonna pic dump this time.

0-1.jpg

0-2.jpg

0-3.jpg

0-4.jpg

0-5.jpg

0-6.jpg

0-7.jpg

0-8.jpg

0-9.jpg

Will post reviews upon request. Cheers, NT!

How were the 2 stouts? I'm searching for the rice proxie too. Worth it??

How were the 2 stouts? I'm searching for the rice proxie too. Worth it??
The Evil Twin collab was honestly amazing. Tasted like chocolate covered Lucky Charms. Incredibly easy-drinking for a 16% beer. Probably my favorite stout Other Half has ever done.

To be honest, I initially had Rice Proxy Treats on tap at OH and thought it was garbage the first time I had it. On tap it was sickly sweet/boozy with a dominant chocolate syrup-type flavor. I still picked up 2 bottes in the interest of science and the difference was night and day. That sickly sweetness was much more subdued and you could really pick up the toasted rice flavor. The booze was hidden decently well, but nowhere to the point of the Evil Twin collab. It's still a great beer that I'd seek out if you get the right trade offer.

The Evil Twin collab was honestly amazing. Tasted like chocolate covered Lucky Charms. Incredibly easy-drinking for a 16% beer. Probably my favorite stout Other Half has ever done.

To be honest, I initially had Rice Proxy Treats on tap at OH and thought it was garbage the first time I had it. On tap it was sickly sweet/boozy with a dominant chocolate syrup-type flavor. I still picked up 2 bottes in the interest of science and the difference was night and day. That sickly sweetness was much more subdued and you could really pick up the toasted rice flavor. The booze was hidden decently well, but nowhere to the point of the Evil Twin collab. It's still a great beer that I'd seek out if you get the right trade offer.
I found that with the Green and Julius I had on tap vs the ones I had previously in cans.

Maybe it was the fact that I was sampling 5 beers but they tasted a good amount different.

af1 1982 af1 1982 Pizza Boy is releasing SSU hazelnut coffee on the 8th

I guess they are releasing 3 cans on Monday but thats the only one they announced so far via IG, hoping for a bourbon vanilla ssu :nerd:

af1 1982 af1 1982 Pizza Boy is releasing SSU hazelnut coffee on the 8th

I guess they are releasing 3 cans on Monday but thats the only one they announced so far via IG, hoping for a bourbon vanilla ssu :nerd:
Looks like it's Sour Spandex and a pilsner. Might grab the sour spandex

I'm not sure if we're getting a bourbon Barrell aged SSU this year? Haven't seen any barrells in the brewery

Back
Top Bottom