NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

My favorite season

20190829_192658.jpg

Some stuff I got recently

91C80445-3F2B-489B-AB1F-93A4F421506D.jpeg

The Toppling Goliath just became available in my at local distributor this w
The Toppling Goliath stuff is pretty good, but it doesn't age gracefully. Drink those cans ASAP.

I entertained the thought of going to the OH release today (Trillium and Parish collabs), but between the long line and, even worse, the brutal commute back to LI on the start of Labor Day weekend it was an easy pass for me. Just gonna have one of my friends throw a can or two of each my way.

^drank the King Sue last night...it was canned 8/19

checked the dates on the others and the oldest canning date is 7/31

King Sue was the freshest

The Toppling Goliath stuff is pretty good, but it doesn't age gracefully. Drink those cans ASAP.

I entertained the thought of going to the OH release today (Trillium and Parish collabs), but between the long line and, even worse, the brutal commute back to LI on the start of Labor Day weekend it was an easy pass for me. Just gonna have one of my friends throw a can or two of each my way.
Was gonna pay for a mule but couldn’t stomach paying $80 for two four packs. I’ll stop a Tired Hands on the way back to Philly this weekend for shakes

Voodoo and Equilibrium did a collab. Was going to stop at the Voodoo Lancaster location but it sold out. Oh well, not about hype beers like that anymore. Glad Tired Hands is making shakes once a week

^don't check their IG frequently but it seems like they're doing the vanilla shake pretty frequently

if you weren't aware they are brewing and selling cans at the general store under a different brand called Little Log Cabin

if they have anything available it may be worth checking out...I got some several weeks ago and it was good

^don't check their IG frequently but it seems like they're doing the vanilla shake pretty frequently

if you weren't aware they are brewing and selling cans at the general store under a different brand called Little Log Cabin

if they have anything available it may be worth checking out...I got some several weeks ago and it was good
Yeah I go every time I visit my parents in Philly which is about once a month.

The Galaxy IPA that LLC did was awesome. I'm thinking that it's basically a line of softer, easier drinking beers.

Right now they have Pineapple and Peach (which is my favorite) Shakes. Hoping the Extra Extra Knuckle makes it to Sunday as Mosaic is one of my favorite hops

It’s funny...when I got more into IPAS I started liking mosaic hops a lot less. They’re just too “pungent” tasting for me. It’s like a berry meets an onion. I don’t mind it as a “supporting character,” but I don’t want it to be the star of the show.

Had a can of the HDHC Triple Mosaic Dream the other day and it was a tough one for me to finish.

It’s funny...when I got more into IPAS I started liking mosaic hops a lot less. They’re just too “pungent” tasting for me. It’s like a berry meets an onion. I don’t mind it as a “supporting character,” but I don’t want it to be the star of the show.

Had a can of the HDHC Triple Mosaic Dream the other day and it was a tough one for me to finish.
Mosaic done right is awesome for me, I get a lot of mango notes for whatever reason.

Galaxy the GOAT for me. Works so damn well in NE IPAs because it cuts some of the peppery spicy character and let’s the pineapple shine

Welp...didn't take long. Friend rolled through with a 4-pack of each of the collabs. :lol:

Just cracked this one:
0.jpg

Still pretty green, but showing a lot of potential. This will probably be incredible in a week or two.

E5DBB9A7-69C2-4D3E-96ED-E2BE02B67649.jpeg
Arthur from Hill Farmstead on tap at Pizza Boy. They’ve been getting a ton in the past year or so. Fun fact: Al sold Shaun Hill his pilot system when HF first opened

Anyone into oktoberfests? Wondering how Sierra nevadas collaboration with bitburger is.

I’m on day 22 of a cleanse, which happens to include no significant amounts of beer/alcohol. Down 15 lbs. No longer excessively sweating for no reason. Stopped needing tums for upset stomach issues. Alcohol is the devil lol. I’m honestly not seeing a benefit for it anymore. Lol.

I did have a sip of a 805 firestone walker, which was somewhat refreshing. That first beer back should be epic though. Wondering which beer it’ll be that gets me back. VT burnt me out once again. I did a 50 day cleanse 2 years back.

Anyone into oktoberfests? Wondering how Sierra nevadas collaboration with bitburger is.

I’m on day 22 of a cleanse, which happens to include no significant amounts of beer/alcohol. Down 15 lbs. No longer excessively sweating for no reason. Stopped needing tums for upset stomach issues. Alcohol is the devil lol. I’m honestly not seeing a benefit for it anymore. Lol.

I did have a sip of a 805 firestone walker, which was somewhat refreshing. That first beer back should be epic though. Wondering which beer it’ll be that gets me back. VT burnt me out once again. I did a 50 day cleanse 2 years back.
Just picked up a 12 pack of Genesee Oktoberfest for $8.49 +tax

Can’t beat their cost/quality ratio

Stomachs been killing me lately...didn't think anything of my increase alcohol consumption.

This has been happening since last October for me and im not a big guy by any means (6'1, 205). I always chalked it up as "getting older/body changes" and never thought alcohol did this to the body. Nice to know.

I would love to do a 30 day or 60 day no alcohol but honestly, I dont think I could do it.

This has been happening since last October for me and im not a big guy by any means (6'1, 205). I always chalked it up as "getting older/body changes" and never thought alcohol did this to the body. Nice to know.

I would love to do a 30 day or 60 day no alcohol but honestly, I dont think I could do it.
I definitely can't do it :lol::smh:

1DD24593-A5EC-4036-96ED-21E3DE840AAD.jpeg
Vacationing in the PNW this past week. Was able to hit up Great Notion in Portland. Solid beers all around. Hazy IPAs are run of the mill, pastry stouts were great. Sours is where they shined. Just another reminder that there’s no need to seek out beers from all these breweries that are considered great as most of your smaller local ones have probably caught up

Back
Top Bottom