NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Green City is great. I still like their single-hop flagships more (ACE, Space Diamonds, Forever Simcoe, etc.), but great nonetheless.

You know what brewery fell off a damn cliff? Equilibrium. I used to trade for their beers, now cans sit around at bottle shops collecting dust like a pair of Birdman Lugz.

Green City is great. I still like their single-hop flagships more (ACE, Space Diamonds, Forever Simcoe, etc.), but great nonetheless.

You know what brewery fell off a damn cliff? Equilibrium. I used to trade for their beers, now cans sit around at bottle shops collecting dust like a pair of Birdman Lugz.

I haven't had any Equilibrium in years

Quality fall off or just too many other options now?

I haven't had any Equilibrium in years

Quality fall off or just too many other options now?
Everything I've had from them in the past year or so has been a chunky, malty mess. Many of which have been oxidized.

Their customer service hasn't exactly been stellar either. A lot of people called them out for this and asked for refunds but were either ignored or outright rejected.

So as a brewery they are still pretty damn good, however Bell's Hopslam is not the champion it used to be.

I used to drive to great lengths to get my hands on hopslam. Would horde the 6 packs. Clean out a store of their stuff my first 2 or 3 years into craft beers. I loved citrusy/sweet IPA's and Hopslam could not be topped back then.

Now? Forget the fact that so many more IPA offerings are available that provide the same or at least similar taste profile to what I'm looking for. Forget the fact that these additional offerings come in at a much better price point than Hopslam...Hopslam itself is just a bit of a dud. It does not have the same hop brightness it used to. Quite a sham.

I grabbed 1 six pack this year. That was more than enough.

equilibrium just started distributing down here in houston. Only had a couple so far but they are just ok to me...lot better shelfie options tbh...

So as a brewery they are still pretty damn good, however Bell's Hopslam is not the champion it used to be.

I used to drive to great lengths to get my hands on hopslam. Would horde the 6 packs. Clean out a store of their stuff my first 2 or 3 years into craft beers. I loved citrusy/sweet IPA's and Hopslam could not be topped back then.

Now? Forget the fact that so many more IPA offerings are available that provide the same or at least similar taste profile to what I'm looking for. Forget the fact that these additional offerings come in at a much better price point than Hopslam...Hopslam itself is just a bit of a dud. It does not have the same hop brightness it used to. Quite a sham.

I grabbed 1 six pack this year. That was more than enough.
Yeah Maltslam is hot garbage and has been that way for quite some time.

Bell's debuted in NY back in February of 2014 and used Hopslam as their grand entrance. I remember having to buy a 6'er of one of their regular offerings in order to buy ONE bottle of Hopslam. Ended up getting two 6'ers of Two Hearted in order to have 2 Hopslams.

Lo and behold I concluded that Two Hearted was the superior beer, and it's held up as a beer I'll still order to this day. Can't say the same about Hopslam.

It's pretty funny to think about the ends we used to have to go through to get certain beers

Now we can get some of the best breweries shipped to our door :lol:

new can opener

DCA11186-5CE7-42F5-9D51-AE2B5465C491.jpeg

8FEA4F4B-5759-4A04-940A-B6D8910852FC.jpeg

Gotta practice on cheap Genny Bock before attempting on this because I intend to make a stash container with it

33734F70-86E9-41AD-9F20-D810992428D4.jpeg

I got it with the intent on making a stash container out of a can

It’s kind of pricey for what it is, though kinda cool

I thought it was made out of metal but it’s plastic…probably should have known considering the price and the fact that it’s made in the US

could have got the 2.0 version cheaper on Amazon but ordered the 3.0 on their site because I read it works better and it has a magnet which I was hoping would keep the lid from going in the can but that’s not the case…not even sure if a magnet works on aluminum 🤷‍♂️

I have a referral link if anyone wants: https://drafttop.kckb.st/draft-top

on their site they have some other designs like Octoberfest, Patriotic, etc.

I got it with the intent on making a stash container out of a can

It’s kind of pricey for what it is, though kinda cool

I thought it was made out of metal but it’s plastic…probably should have known considering the price and the fact that it’s made in the US

could have got the 2.0 version cheaper on Amazon but ordered the 3.0 on their site because I read it works better and it has a magnet which I was hoping would keep the lid from going in the can but that’s not the case…not even sure if a magnet works on aluminum 🤷‍♂️

I have a referral link if anyone wants: https://drafttop.kckb.st/draft-top

on their site they have some other designs like Octoberfest, Patriotic, etc.
Good looking out bro. Gonna check it out.

Having worked through all of the IPAs of the last OH anniversary pack I can confidently say the Monkish/Great Notion collab is my winner.

The real winner of the pack overall, however, was the stout bottle. That was fantastic.

*edit: this is right up there with the stout
8A450073-C787-4D0E-BF80-61BFAFBB76B2.jpeg

Having had The Assayer from Root & Branch late last year, which people raved about, this is just as good if not better. Actually tastes somewhat similar to what I remember, but more light and drinkable. At the moment I’m giving the nod to this.

Last edited:
My fault for not doing my due diligence but I assumed at least some of the solo anniversary ipas would be in the 8% range :lol:

I'm splitting the box with a friend at least...

How are the Bananversaries typically? Haven't had one but I've had several stouts of theirs with coconut, nuts, etc which I thought were excellent

My fault for not doing my due diligence but I assumed at least some of the solo anniversary ipas would be in the 8% range :lol:

I'm splitting the box with a friend at least...

How are the Bananversaries typically? Haven't had one but I've had several stouts of theirs with coconut, nuts, etc which I thought were excellent
I'd love to comment on the BA Bananaversary but I honestly can't. I scored the original bottle and was more interested in recouping my money from everything I bought that day than drinking it. Sold it for around $400 the day of purchase and still have zero regrets :lol:. The non-BA Bananaversary was pretty damn good though.

So far I've had 8th, 7th, and 6th. 6th is kind of malty, but the other two are great. Been reading good things about 5th as well.

Famb.....

Given what it costs I'd probably let a bottle that price go for $100 :lol:

At this point there's no stout or beer worth that much to me

$400 is a no brainer. Wish I could procure a buyer at that price :lol:

I've never messed with trading/selling beer but my friend who I'm splitting with has. If he wants to try to unload it on someone I'm not opposed

Famb.....

Given what it costs I'd probably let a bottle that price go for $100 :lol:

At this point there's no stout or beer worth that much to me

$400 is a no brainer. Wish I could procure a buyer at that price :lol:

I've never messed with trading/selling beer but my friend who I'm splitting with has. If he wants to try to unload it on someone I'm not opposed
It's definitely not what it used to be, especially post-COVID. That OG bottle was very scarce and was hyped up right before the release when they poured it at WakeFest and had people saying that it was the best beer of the whole festival. You'd probably be lucky to get $75 for this year's bottle, if that.

I definitely capitalized for a bit though. I brought my girlfriend with me to mule the 2019 Snowbirds release and ended up making about a grand on MyBeerCollectibles.

Ahh you said the original. That makes more sense

First time I was at Other Half (2017?) was during the Snowbirds release and some guy asked if I was getting the full allotment

I was there for IPAs and not so familiar/interested in their stouts at the time. I told him he could have mine and he gave me a $20 for the trouble

Dude was wasted and by the time I checked out was no where to be found :lol: So I ended up with the bottles + cash. Worked out well because I ended up really enjoying that beer

Yeah #linelyfe days were ****ing weird looking back at them. A combination of hyper-competitive vulture behavior mixed with sloppy drunkenness that made for some strange times.

Highlights were a dude trying to start a fight with me and my friend during an Equilibrium collab release because we hired a line-sitter in order to not wake up in the middle of the night and stand in the freezing cold for hours, a dude aggressively trying to buy the Monkish gold wristband teku I had won while waiting on line for the LAX to JFK release, and a dude having what appeared to be a panic attack right behind me when Andrew came around and told our segment of the line that they may or may not get DDH Broccoli cans during the first release.

That's not even counting the things I wasn't a part of. I saw hit & runs, dudes having meltdowns when their cars got towed for parking at the McDonalds, countless people puking on line and having to be whisked away in an Uber, etc. :rofl:

^^^ Wait, some of you were waiting in line for beer releases like Jordan retro drops in the early 2000s? I did not know that was a thing.

^^^ Wait, some of you were waiting in line for beer releases like Jordan retro drops in the early 2000s? I did not know that was a thing.
Just as bad, if not worse. I never camped out overnight, but lord knows many have.

When Other Half did their 3-way collab with Monkish and Trillium I drove out to Brooklyn at 5 AM only to see a line that was at least 500+ people. I got right back on the BQE and drove my *** home. :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom