NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

tumblr_lxgcxtBVcB1qh01r8o1_500.gif

Had one of the best beers I've ever had last night: New Belgium's Julian NBB Love at Julian in Kansas City.

Julian's chef/owner is Celina Tio, who has been a contestant on The Next Iron Chef and Top Chef Masters. She was asked by New Belgium to custom blend her own sour ale, exclusively for her restaurant. Only four kegs (sixtels, I believe) were made. The first two were tapped last Thursday and were kicked in an hour each. The third keg was tapped last night at 5:30p, and my wife and I had a 5:30 reservation. It was gone in 30 minutes this time...and it was incredible. The fourth keg is being saved for a special beer dinner in March sometime.

The food was really, really good too, and Chef Tio came by our table and talked to us for a few minutes after tweeting me from the kitchen. Haha.

If you're in Kansas City or coming to visit, I would definitely suggest hitting up Julian for some killer grub.

Had one of the best beers I've ever had last night: New Belgium's Julian NBB Love at Julian in Kansas City.

Julian's chef/owner is Celina Tio, who has been a contestant on The Next Iron Chef and Top Chef Masters. She was asked by New Belgium to custom blend her own sour ale, exclusively for her restaurant. Only four kegs (sixtels, I believe) were made. The first two were tapped last Thursday and were kicked in an hour each. The third keg was tapped last night at 5:30p, and my wife and I had a 5:30 reservation. It was gone in 30 minutes this time...and it was incredible. The fourth keg is being saved for a special beer dinner in March sometime.

The food was really, really good too, and Chef Tio came by our table and talked to us for a few minutes after tweeting me from the kitchen. Haha.

If you're in Kansas City or coming to visit, I would definitely suggest hitting up Julian for some killer grub.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Pretty good

sierranevadaruthlessrye.jpg
Knocked out a 6 pack of this last night......... or should I say the 6 pack knocked me out
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Pretty good

sierranevadaruthlessrye.jpg
Knocked out a 6 pack of this last night......... or should I say the 6 pack knocked me out
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Had a bottle of St. Martin Brune on friday night. I liked it. Super carbonated though. I was burping like crazy. haha

-J-

Had a bottle of St. Martin Brune on friday night. I liked it. Super carbonated though. I was burping like crazy. haha

-J-

I'm having a crappy light beer blind tasting event. The idea is that you sample a bunch of beers and rate them and also try to guess what is what. It has always been interesting me to see what people prefer and that generally they have no good reason for it except thats what they have always drank. Granted, I almost never drink any of these except when at bars when I can't taste the difference anymore.
Here is what I have bought so far

• Bud light
  • bud select
  • Miller light
  • Coors Light
  • Busch light
  • Bud light platinum
  • Yuengling light
  • molson canadian light
  • michelob light
  • presidente light
  • narragansett light
  • labatt blue light lime (which might only go up against bud light lime/corona light in their own "light lime" beer section?)
  • genny light
  • beer 30 light
  • milwaukees best light
  • keystone light
  • natural light 
Here are others I'm trying to find (any additions or where to find in NYC would be helpful)

• Bud ice light
  • Icehouse light
  • Mgb light
  • Ole Milwaukee light
  • Pbr light
  • Rolling rock
  • Schlitz light
  • Labatt blue light

I'm having a crappy light beer blind tasting event. The idea is that you sample a bunch of beers and rate them and also try to guess what is what. It has always been interesting me to see what people prefer and that generally they have no good reason for it except thats what they have always drank. Granted, I almost never drink any of these except when at bars when I can't taste the difference anymore.
Here is what I have bought so far

• Bud light
  • bud select
  • Miller light
  • Coors Light
  • Busch light
  • Bud light platinum
  • Yuengling light
  • molson canadian light
  • michelob light
  • presidente light
  • narragansett light
  • labatt blue light lime (which might only go up against bud light lime/corona light in their own "light lime" beer section?)
  • genny light
  • beer 30 light
  • milwaukees best light
  • keystone light
  • natural light 
Here are others I'm trying to find (any additions or where to find in NYC would be helpful)

• Bud ice light
  • Icehouse light
  • Mgb light
  • Ole Milwaukee light
  • Pbr light
  • Rolling rock
  • Schlitz light
  • Labatt blue light

bud light or miller light is the norm, yuengling isnt bad and i mess with great lakes chistmas ale for the holidays, they go crazy for it here in ohio

bud light or miller light is the norm, yuengling isnt bad and i mess with great lakes chistmas ale for the holidays, they go crazy for it here in ohio

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Why are you doing this
laugh.gif

I was wondering the same. But after thinking about it, a lot of my friends who are "beer aficionados" can't tell the difference between an ale and a lager. It would be interesting to see what ended up being most popular. hahaha. But not just light beers though.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Why are you doing this
laugh.gif

I was wondering the same. But after thinking about it, a lot of my friends who are "beer aficionados" can't tell the difference between an ale and a lager. It would be interesting to see what ended up being most popular. hahaha. But not just light beers though.

Back
Top Bottom