NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

one of my fav summer beers if not my fav
dogfish-head-festina-peche.jpg

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I love Sierra Nevada too but wasn't a big fan of Old Chico or Ruthless Rye. They were just ok to me.

Summerfest is out and I've already been through 2 cases.

Reppin for my sig is the only thing keeping me from doing the same. Had so many bbqs and whatnot memorial day weekend...it's a surprise i didn't go through more than a case.

I went to Chico State, so I'm always down with Sierra Nevada
laugh.gif

Soo jealous of those that have dogfish head available near them. I have yet to hunt down and try even one of their beers

-Attended a beer fest the other weekend. Found a few new worthy drinkers.... Mad River Brewing, out of Blue Lake, CA had a few of their beers there.. Jamaica Red Ale is real nice.. Priced a bit high locally at liquor stores, but still better than going through bars.

What's been in my rotation:

-Sam Adams Summer Ale has been back awhile..Finally picked up a 12pack. Still my go to summer ale, among all the others..
-HoeGaarden. I've going back to this one three or four times now... Priced just right.. Darn good Wit.
-Shiner, out of Shiner Tx, has a variety pack out. Some good quality darker beers among their variety packs. Kosmos... Rye, and black lager...
----------------------

digital022, you still brewing up some beers? We took a bit of a break but are back into the swing of things. I'll post some newer updates in a couple weeks.

Just 2 weeks ago, we finally finished drinking up our 'red' IPA. Using the yeast from a red ale, combined with some caraaroma malt (just a lb. will drop your color down considerably), and we were left with an IPA in a color more similar to a red ale...
7fe3527340167a1d48b71eb8335664a9700426b_r.jpg

60IBU... Something in the 6 to 7abv range.. Highly drinkable... We dry hopped for the first time ever... This one was done on day 9 of fermentation, and we threw it in a keg on day 14-15
--------------
Now onto something we aren't used to... Beer lasting more than two months. But we actually had some bottled AMBER from January that we opened up in late May... The results are pretty staggering.
99115a4a704a18337038b6378026ea9786baf9d_r.jpg

About as clear of a beer you will ever find, commerical or home brew... Patience is key

To compare, go back to a post of mine from April and you can see the difference..
14b15545724d1f38483559dec153bfdb9cf6b68_r.jpg

=------------------------

Also tried out a variety pack of Sam Adam IPAs.. 6 or so of their normal IPAs and a few specialties... Among the 6, Latitude 48 was probably my favorite

Damn... I think I like beer too much lol

I'm up in MA, you can get Dogfishhead at most liquor stores. Just tried the 90-minute IPA for the first time last week and loved it. The 60-minute is an easier drinking beer, but the 90 minute just has a deeper, richer taste to it, and it goes to your head pretty quick. Trying to find the 120-minute Dogfishhead is a little bit tougher.

guinness draught usually (only a handful of beers are available in the bahamas and if this is there then i'm drinking it.. hate the guinness that is actually made here though)
kalik light/kalik (my local beer of choice for 'regular' beers)

if i can't get a guinness draught, then 'strong back' is the best of the other stouts

but when i go stateside, i'm game for anything.. i like 'left hand milk stout' and 'young's double chocolate stout' for stouts.. i like wheat beers

been drinking this for a month straight almost. since it's only 2 bucks
laugh.gif

baltika-9__91924_zoom.jpg

i don't understand how people drink bud light and miller light drinking almost everyday has built up my immunity i need a whole 6 pack to feel a slight buzz
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HatchMo

Drinking one of these right now. My personal favorite.

f4684cbcade511e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

BROOOOOOO....send me that case
totally serious.  i can try to get whatever you need from san diego.

Had some Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Ale during the Paquiao fight last night, a bomber of some Alesmith Yulesmith DIPA tonight, and have a bomber of Hair Of The Dog DIPA in the fridge.

Wally, I haven't brewed in a while. Starting back up hopefully sooner than later.

I'm out of NY for the week so I've been pigging out on New Belgium (Fat Tire, RAnger IPA, and the Somersault summer special). Real good beers.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

been drinking this for a month straight almost. since it's only 2 bucks
laugh.gif

baltika-9__91924_zoom.jpg

i don't understand how people drink bud light and miller light drinking almost everyday has built up my immunity i need a whole 6 pack to feel a slight buzz
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

I usually drink Yeung Ling if I have the cash or Lions Head if I got no cash. I also love me some San Miguel Light when I'm back home. 

Been a good past couple of weeks for beer pickups around here.

Boulevard Saison-Brett (best beer in the world) dropped again. Got four bottles.

My mom & dad brought back a six-pack each of Mustang Wa****a Wheat and Marshall Brewing Old Pavilion Pilsner from Oklahoma.

Boulevard Love Child No. 2 (new sour) dropped yesterday. Got two bottles.

And my wonderful in-laws shipped us two 4-packs of Dogfish Festina Peche, a Brooklyn Sorachi Ace and a Dogfish Black & Blue.

So awesome...

troublebound, I am going to check out my usual spot for the Saison-Brett, they carry other Boulevard brands, hopefully they have that. Remember you posting about that earlier. Just read a great review on boston.com about it.

http://www.boston.com/lif...levard_saison-brett.html

If anyone is familiar with The Yardhouse, they recently opened up one by Fenway Park, have been there the past few Sundays, over 100 beers on tap, place is the *#@#.

Current favorites: Delirium Tremens & Golden Monkey.

Gotta try Delirium Noctorum sometime soon

Had some 10th Anniversary Stone Ruination IPA yesterday. The anniversary edition is 10.3% abv. Awesome beer.

Back
Top Bottom