NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Anyone into ciders?

Tried Shock Top's Cider draft and I enjoyed it.

If anyone can recommend any others to try, LMK.

Thanks.

Picked up a custom 6 pack via World Market, these were all of the available Ciders and most of them we're pretty straight. I preferred Stella's and Angry Orchard's offerings, and I hope to try and find a few more in the area to sample. Woodchuck has a Granny Smith cider that I've been wanting to try as well.

I am really into ciders too.  I could suggest a few good ciders, but I don't think you can get them outside of Michigan. Northville Winery makes an apple, cherry, blueberry and raspberry ciders that are all good.  I also like the Blue Gold, blueberry cider, from Vandermill and Black Star Farms Apple Cherry. I also liked the Original Sin Cherry Tree cider, which I believe is more widely available.

Last edited:

Picked up a custom 6 pack via World Market, these were all of the available Ciders and most of them we're pretty straight. I preferred Stella's and Angry Orchard's offerings, and I hope to try and find a few more in the area to sample. Woodchuck has a Granny Smith cider that I've been wanting to try as well.

Thanks, I don't have World Market by me, however you think Total Wine may have them? I'll have to check and see, Woodchuck granny smith sounds good too.

Thanks again for the input fellas, rep's all around.

In Houston. Firestone Walker just made its way down here. Missed out on Parabola. Looking to try some of their brews on tap tomorrow.

I don't get the hype around 120, I've had it and it tastes like liquor

It's also so strong it's almost like a chore to drink it
This. Not a fan of 120 at all. It masks the alcohol by being entirely too sweet. Barely taste the hops. My favorite out of DFH is Burton Baton.

In Houston. Firestone Walker just made its way down here. Missed out on Parabola. Looking to try some of their brews on tap tomorrow.

If you can find FW Solace, it's a great summer brew (might be too late in the season). Belgian wit and Bavarian hef fusion.

-J-

Went to pick up a 6-pack of Flying Dog's Double Dog Double Pale Ale and saw that Samuel Adams Octoberfest had made an early return this year so grabbed a 6-pack of that as well.

This beer is not for everyone (my dog had enough after this lick tasting
laugh.gif
).

I drank Flying Dog Snake Dog the past two nights. Pretty good.

Last edited:
How is SA Octoberfest? Kind of embarassed to say that I've never had it. Might have to get it if they have it at the bar I'm going to tonight

How is SA Octoberfest? Kind of embarassed to say that I've never had it. Might have to get it if they have it at the bar I'm going to tonight
Octoberfest is good. Really smooth. I'd still prefer Summer Ale right now because the citrusy flavors go better with the warmer weather. Although we're getting close, it's not quite Fall yet.

I usually drink Yuengling, Budweiser, Corona, or Becks. Those are my favorite mainstream beers. I'm a fan of Samuel Adams Boston Lager too. I really enjoy the seasonal brews that I've tried from them (Summer Ale, Octoberfest, and Winter Lager). If I'm having beer at a restaurant and they have one of the seasonal brews on draft I'll usually get that to go along with my lunch/dinner. They do a great job of pairing the taste of the beer with the seasons IMO.

Octoberfest is good. Really smooth. I'd still prefer Summer Ale right now because the citrusy flavors go better with the warmer weather. Although we're getting close, it's not quite Fall yet.

I usually drink Yuengling, Budweiser, Corona, or Becks. Those are my favorite mainstream beers. I'm a fan of Samuel Adams Boston Lager too. I really enjoy the seasonal brews that I've tried from them (Summer Ale, Octoberfest, and Winter Lager). If I'm having beer at a restaurant and they have one of the seasonal brews on draft I'll usually get that to go along with my lunch/dinner. They do a great job of pairing the taste of the beer with the seasons IMO.
Not a fan of Summer Ale. 

My dad bought a case of that at the beginning of the summer and that's all I drink whenever I'm home. It's too citrusy on the front end. The lemon also tastes stale to me.

Now Summer Love, I can mess with in this warm weather. 

If you can find FW Solace, it's a great summer brew (might be too late in the season). Belgian wit and Bavarian hef fusion.

-J-
Actually had it on tap a couple of hours ago. You were dead on. It's a thousand degrees down here, so it was perfect brew for the day. Also had a DBA (okay) and a Union Jack (really good). 

Miller Lites tonight my dudes, off tomorrow so you already know.

What we sipping tonight?

Nothing for me tonight :frown:

I did have this a while back, pretty good

I'm also a big fan of Fall seasonal. I always grab a SA Fall variety pack

What's your favorite Pumpkin beer thats readily available aka at Wegmans lol?

I'm a huge fan of Southampton; it's easy to drink and right in the middle between sweet pumpkin ales and bitter

You can also never go wrong with Dogfish Punkin but that usually drops right around the end of August

This can is four days old.  Honestly incredible.  Lives up to the hype.  Nothing more needs to be said.  10/10
Distributor again?
Nah.  Today was a complete surprise.  Found a small homebrewing/craft beer store about 20 minutes from my house. Figured I'd check it out for Ss and Gs. Small store with an even smaller selection...but holy hell did they have some white whales there.  They had every bottle of Stone Vertical Epic dating back to 2002, Sam Adams Utopias, a collection of vintage beers dating back as old as 2001, and the Heady.  The funny thing about the Heady was that it was pretty much hidden.  There was a small refrigerator with a poster covering the glass. After being slightly bummed out, I saw the fridge, opened it, and had my mind blown. $10 a can, but well worth it.  Also got the Supplication there.

Oh..dude at the shop told me he just sold a bottle of 2005 Dark Lord for $350. 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom