NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

^ Really diverse selection

Will be sipping on both SweetWater (Atlanta) + Sam Adams (NE) brews later tonight

smokin.gif

Got these in the mail Friday. Planning on making a Side Project trip in March.

I had to, since you guys are always posting it. Came from chicago and this the first place I come to, to start my trip lol

Got 2 packs of hops shower and small green everything in the glass.

Hop showers is really drinkable, good summer brew

Kelso makes some decent brews, nothing amazing but decent

Starting off with a nice stout to watch the game

Getting some unique flavors from this one, I tried industrial arts state of the art IPA yesterday which had a strange spice to it so I'm guessing its influence from them

Last edited:
Some eclipse imperial stout to watch the falcons take it home. Honey in here is an interesting taste but nice touch.

Last edited:
Yo, anybody drinking Pliny The Younger at Russian River this week? I'll be out there on the 15th for my 4th year in a row.

Have yet to try PtY but not really gonna go out of my way to find it either. If I see it at a local bar, i'll definitely try it.

Code:
[CODE]
[LIST=1]
 [*] 
 [*] 
 [*] 
[/LIST]
[/CODE]
Had it 3-4 times in the past. Was never blown away. Too much good beers out there to be wasting a day in line for it. That's me at least.

Yeah, I hear you. At this point, its really just an event where me and my friends just take a day off of work and drink beer. There's always a bunch of new beers and discoveries on the day we go. Last year they had a sour they on brew once ever 3 years (I think it was Compunction) which was amazing.

Then on the way back home, we hit up Lagunitas to see what different stuff they have on tap. Kind of a min North Bayi beer tour ritual during Pliny The Younger season.

Found a pint of two hearted by my old computer lol. Its canned 9/13/16. It tastes pretty damn good.

What do you guys think about Amager?

Last edited:
Starting off SF Beer Week with these bad boys from Alvarado Street :smokin

Anyone from the Bay Area hitting up any of the SF Beer Week events? I'll be attending the Bistro Double IPA Festival in Hayward tomorrow and then Fieldwork on Sunday for their canning release. Cheers!

Last edited:
Showed up late to Other Half today.  Was lucky enough to score some of the last 4-packs of DDH Broccoli. Can't believe they sold out so fast today.  

Anywho...onto the review:

Other Half Double Dry Hopped Broccoli.  7.9% wheat/oat imperial IPA brewed with Cascade, Hallertau Blanc, Mosaic, Simcoe and then an additional dry-hop of all of those hops with Simcoe and Mosaic lupulin powder.  I don't know if it's due to the fact that I'm a little stuffed up, but I'm not getting a huge aroma off of this one in the glass.  It's tropical and herbaceous with a prominent sweetness to the smell.  Taste is much more intense.  Perfect punch of tropical sweetness and dankness that lingers in your mouth.  I love this beer because both flavors are equally exaggerated and equally represented. Think pineapple juice meets a bag of weed.  Little to no malt presence whatsoever.  Mouthfeel is beefier than I thought it would be. Still not at the "protein shake" level of Treehouse, but definitely equivalent to (or possibly exceeding) Trillium.  Very fortunate I got to Other Half when I did.  Amazing stuff.  

@comparison ford, you must have been a few people behind me in line

I like using other half releases to trade with guys from out of town, got a nice variety of VT and PA brews today

A bunch of grimm dropped today as well

Have high hopes for sugarmaker, lumen is not very impressive but might just be my pallet is off today

I'm starting to really like interboro, great beer that doesn't get hyped and the pricing is lower than the usual

This one uses ahtanum hops, never heard of it before, nice lingering flavor though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom