NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Working on this one now:
C3D59A19-B8A7-42E5-B826-B9336B4E4AE8.jpeg

Not giving me that “wow” reaction that it did years ago, but I guess that’s to be expected. A lot of bitter acidity from the coffee, but not a ton of sweetness to balance it out. Decent barrel character, but the mouthfeel is thinner than I’d like. Not surprising though considering all this is is 90% OG Bourbon County and 10% cold brew.

It’s still pretty good, but I’m relegating this to “nostalgia beer” territory.

I have a BCBS from 2013. Should probably crack that soon.

I opened a 2014 Hunahpu a couple months ago. Surprisingly still delicious.

Done pretending that I’m over hunting for Bourbon County:
DC00F75A-5032-4C6D-8914-A6A602857252.jpeg

Hyped that I was able to score two bottles of coffee. Will probably drink an original and a coffee throughout the day/evening. Will report back.
Bourbon County is great. But I can’t drop the coin on some of the high end variants. I’d rather just buy the bottle of whiskey from the barrels it’s aged in

getting burned out on craft beer.
drank a **** load of michelob ultra this weekend with my sister. Was feeling way better than how i feel when i drink a couple of hazy's...
pretty sure I'm going to do dry january. We'll see how i feel after that. Might be time to hang up this "hobby"...

drank a **** load of michelob ultra this weekend with my sister. Was feeling way better than how i feel when i drink a couple of hazy's...
pretty sure I'm going to do dry january. We'll see how i feel after that. Might be time to hang up this "hobby"...
I’ll always love craft beer but I don’t feel the need to always have it stocked in the fridge. Most of my beer consumption is at a brewery in small sample pours.

Worked early today and was able to swing by Root+Branch when I got out for their latest can release.

That triple IPA collab they did with The Veil is probably the best beer I’ve had this year.

Just lol comparing a light lager 4% ABV to a hazy IPA probably 6-7%...

Unless it's a session IPA, they are not really a style of beer you want to drink multiple, at least for most...

I believe the hazy are also much sweeter than normal IPA's which may impact ABV absorption/digestion.

Ultimately more body to the beer with hazy.

My suggestion is drink the IPA beer at the end of the night/session, kind of coast off pilsner/lager/lighter ales earlier in the day or evening.

This has me feeling OK the next morning.

Finally made it through all of the Bourbon County variants. My breakdown is as follows:

1. 2-Year Barleywine
2. 30 Year Reserve Stout
3. Coffee
4. Biscotti
5. OG
6. Sir Isaac's

I could easily shuffle a few of those around, but the 2-Year Barleywine was the clear winner for me. That was a really special beer.

Going up north from LA. Mendocino, Monterey and Carmel areas. Wanna visit Alvarado st and Russian River. Any other spots to check out?

Going up north from LA. Mendocino, Monterey and Carmel areas. Wanna visit Alvarado st and Russian River. Any other spots to check out?
Monterey Bay Aquarium is cool. As is Downtown Carmel - a lot of little shops and restaurants. Wine tasting opportunities up there too if you’re into that.

My buddy went to Brussels recently

D73AF16C-D702-4D11-A7BD-BF0BC55694A8.jpeg

C04F1024-4870-42BB-A96D-CAB199C285F2.gif
:pimp:

Speaking of fruity beer, I was at a bar recently with a friend and ordered us some beer. She ordered a Gulden Draak (dark triple ale), and I ordered Lindemans Perzik (peach fruit beer).

One of the waiters comes to our table, puts the Gulden Draak infront of me, says ‘here you go’ and hands her the fruit beer.
I cut him off to say the fruit beer’s mine and dude just stares me down for a full few seconds :lol:
Then proceeds to just say something along the lines of ‘oh…uh…right. ok’ and walks off

Lindemans produces some of our most internationally renowned beers, yet it’s lowkey kinda hard to find the Lindemans Pecheresse (peach) at a bar. That particular fruit beer alone has won them numerous competitions.

Haven’t really drank craft beer in a minute.

Might have to hit up Root & Branch this weekend for a 4-pack. Been meaning to try their pizza anyways. Looks awesome.

It’s bourbon in the cold months and beer in the warm months for me.

Golf season so that means my fridge is stocked with Mich Ultra, Miller Lite, Yuengling Lite, etc

Been drinking mostly lagers lately

Had some Human Robot on draft recently

Everything I’ve tried from them so far has been excellent

Do yall drink beer everyday? i'm just curious because I almost drink everyday. LOL

I started drinking basically every day during the. Height of COVID and it stayed that way all the way through the end of 2022. I’ve dialed it way back this year for health reasons because I’m old (47).

I started drinking basically every day during the. Height of COVID and it stayed that way all the way through the end of 2022. I’ve dialed it way back this year for health reasons because I’m old (47).
I'm 39 but I went on like a 6 day drinking spree. I haven't drank beer or anything in 3 days. That probably change today though.

Back
Top Bottom