NT.... What did you score on the SAT?

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Originally Posted by HankMoody

1540 on the new SAT. Didn't study much, but I did look at the Official Handbook sometimes. Get some sleep, read some novels and do the SAT question of the day and you'll be fine.

You weren't. 
Didn't take it. 
Is this suppose to be funny? 
1353619546b44aac0b24cd094c61f9cad2b73b34.png

Nope. Your advice is backed up with mediocre results. 1540 is very close to the national average on the SAT. If OP is going for average, then by all means, follow this advice.
I would recommend taking practice tests without time constraints at first to familiarize yourself with the questions and then strictly enforce time limits. Take at least 5 full tests. I did this for the ACT. I did well. 

1540 on the new SAT. Didn't study much, but I did look at the Official Handbook sometimes. Get some sleep, read some novels and do the SAT question of the day and you'll be fine.

You weren't. 
Didn't take it. 
Is this suppose to be funny? 
1353619546b44aac0b24cd094c61f9cad2b73b34.png

Nope. Your advice is backed up with mediocre results. 1540 is very close to the national average on the SAT. If OP is going for average, then by all means, follow this advice.
I would recommend taking practice tests without time constraints at first to familiarize yourself with the questions and then strictly enforce time limits. Take at least 5 full tests. I did this for the ACT. I did well. 

I didn't do any of those things, though. Those tips where thrown at OP to justify that he can do better (than me) if he actually applied some effort to studying. Besides, a score around the national average can get you in to thousands of schools.

I didn't do any of those things, though. Those tips where thrown at OP to justify that he can do better (than me) if he actually applied some effort to studying. Besides, a score around the national average can get you in to thousands of schools.

Okay, my bad. I would consider my advice still. Practice tests are helpful. 
Last sentence: Ever heard of the education bubble?  

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Okay, my bad. I would consider my advice still. Practice tests are helpful. 

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
No, enlighten me.

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
No, enlighten me.

1790 but it doesn't mean a damn thing.

I graduated with a 4.0 and currently have a 3.6 going into my junior year.

These tests only measure a certain extent of knowledge but they can't measure hustle.

1790 but it doesn't mean a damn thing.

I graduated with a 4.0 and currently have a 3.6 going into my junior year.

These tests only measure a certain extent of knowledge but they can't measure hustle.

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
No, enlighten me.
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/student-loan-scheme.jpg

Too many for-profit schools and ^that is why. 

Vendetta wrote:
HankMoody wrote:
Vendetta wrote:
~1600 on the old SAT. Just winged it. I was more concerned about AP classes

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dunno what's funny about that one but ok lol

The old SAT was out of 1600. You really expect me to believe that you scored a perfect or near perfect score and can't remember what it exactly was? Cmon. People who score that high remember their score. Trust. There is no way you would forget a 1600 on the old SAT. I think the number of people who received such a score was <100.

ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
No, enlighten me.
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/student-loan-scheme.jpg

Too many for-profit schools and ^that is why. 

Vendetta wrote:
HankMoody wrote:
Vendetta wrote:
~1600 on the old SAT. Just winged it. I was more concerned about AP classes

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dunno what's funny about that one but ok lol

The old SAT was out of 1600. You really expect me to believe that you scored a perfect or near perfect score and can't remember what it exactly was? Cmon. People who score that high remember their score. Trust. There is no way you would forget a 1600 on the old SAT. I think the number of people who received such a score was <100.

The older SAT (before 1995) had a very high ceiling. In any given year, only seven of the million test-takers scored above 1580. A score above 1580 was equivalent to the 99.9995 percentile.[17]

PercentileScore, 1600 Scale (official, 2006)

The older SAT (before 1995) had a very high ceiling. In any given year, only seven of the million test-takers scored above 1580. A score above 1580 was equivalent to the 99.9995 percentile.[17]

PercentileScore, 1600 Scale (official, 2006)

Ah, my bad. I was thinking they were out of 1800 though the school I went to used the old point system until around 2005.

Ah, my bad. I was thinking they were out of 1800 though the school I went to used the old point system until around 2005.

This. Stayed up until like 4 from partying then took it the next day at 8. Not a good choice.

This. Stayed up until like 4 from partying then took it the next day at 8. Not a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom