NT what Headphones you rock?

need an m50 upgrade. 350 max. hoping to spend less.

GO GO GO.

I listen to a lot of electronic music, and acoustic music. Think John Mayer.

also am curious if there are any pretty good in ear / bud headphones for around 75.

Last edited:
I just copped the LG tone+ ear buds. I was mad hesitant b/c I thought they looked od goofy, but they are the bizness. Amazingly light and lots of good uses.

GO GO GO.

also am curious if there are any pretty good in ear / bud headphones for around 75.

Do you have a tigerdirect or guitar center near you? See how you like the Sennheiser 598.

Last edited:
- When I'm at home, I use the V-Moda M-80's. Hoping to get the M-100's soon.

In-Ears
- Working out, I use JayBird BlueBuds X.

- Keep some Shure SE215's with me if I wanna use something different.

I do wanna get the Audio-Technica ATH-CKS99's soon as I've heard they have a good bass to them.

GO GO GO.

Do you have a tigerdirect or guitar center near you? See how you like the Sennheiser 598.

The HD 598 are great headphones but they are not great for EDM as they don't have enough bass for that type of genre. Check out the V-Moda M-100 ($300) for your EDM needs and maybe the Grado SR60i ($80) for your rock needs.

Still need a new headband for my Beats By Dre, refuse to buy a new pair

I would just buy a different pair of headphones for cheaper with a better sound and build quality.

- When I'm at home, I use the V-Moda M-80's. Hoping to get the M-100's soon.

In-Ears
- Working out, I use JayBird BlueBuds X.

- Keep some Shure SE215's with me if I wanna use something different.

I do wanna get the Audio-Technica ATH-CKS99's soon as I've heard they have a good bass to them.

Nice I own the M-80s and really like their sound but for some reason one side seems louder compared to my over-the ear headphones. Could be because they are on-ear and they might reveal my left side is weaker than right.

The Shure SE215 are great and love my pair if you can get a proper fit but dangerous if you use them outside as they have good isolation. I couldn't hear anything when I had them on and had music playing.

Had the Sennheiser HD 202 for the longest time and finally upgraded to the Audio Technica M50s (straight cord) over the weekend. Much more comfortable than the HD 202 and from my untrained ears sound much better compared to the HD 202.

Saw that the Koss Pro DJ100 went on sale for $40 on Amazon compared to their regular price of $80 and decided to give them a go as they are usually one of the top recommended sub $100 headphones along with CAL, SRH440, MDR-V6/MDR7506. Probably will upgrade the pads to the M50s in the future but other than that I heard they were solid headphones sub $100 and a steal for $40

Amazon product ASIN B003X1BEKI
Still have my eye on V-Moda M100 and the Shure SE215 sometime this year. Maybe even get the Grado SR225i and the Sennheiser HD 598. This hobby is an expensive one but once you hear the difference, it's hard to turn back.

Any thoughts on the Sol Republic Tracks HD? They look like a fun pair of on-ear headphones for under $100?
Just picked up the V-Moda M-80 (Shadow) for $40 @ Radioshack
smokin.gif
. Unfortunately it was the floor model but looks in great condition minus some light scratches but it lacks the speakeasy cable and exoskeleton case
mean.gif
, so have to add another $40 to get them which is still a steal for $80.

156146344610762237_7c71b25d95ca.jpeg

Still want to get the M-100 in the future.
What a steal! I got the chance to own both and they are very underrated. M-100 basically sound the same as m-80. Only difference I find is they are a bit more bass heavy and have the over the ear advantage. 

I need a pair of bluetooth earbuds for strictly gym use at a reasonable price.

I've had my Beats Studios for a good 3 years now & running. Thanks to NT of course putting me on to the refurb site, then bought a new pair from Best Buy and switched them out. Anyhoo, I feel like I've outgrown the styling on them and want something with equally good, or better sound. I'm not exactly an audiophile so the Beats were pretty damn good imo. Those V-Modas are looking like my next move.

Question to any audiophiles, or anyone that knows: If I were to purchase the M-100 model, using it mainly with my iPod, is there any benefit to getting an amp to go along with it?

I really want to scoop a pair of those Jaybirds. I've been chilling with my Sony MDR NC 60/80 for a while now and they have been to my go to for big tracks and noise cancelling but I need something more mobile and better for working out. These EARPODS get the job done but that's not my style. I want better.

Does anyone own Urbanears headphones? 

How do they work for you? I was looking into getting as pair. 

Don't waste your money on any of those headphones, torrid reviews on them by audiophile standards. Depending on your budget, try out the Koss PortaPro, Philips Citiscape Downtown/Uptown, JVC HAS400, JVC HAS500, Creative Aurvana Live, Koss Pro DJ100

What a steal! I got the chance to own both and they are very underrated. M-100 basically sound the same as m-80. Only difference I find is they are a bit more bass heavy and have the over the ear advantage. 

Sound quality and build quality is a steal for around $100. Only gripe is that it is an on ear headphone, the pressure on the ears are killer like the PortaPros. I really want to get a pair of the M-100 for comfort and a dedicated EDM headphone. Just so many good looking headphones around $300-400 like the M-100, Momentums, and P7

I need a pair of bluetooth earbuds for strictly gym use at a reasonable price.

Wireless/Bluetooth headphones are usually trash in the audio department just like most noise cancelling heaphones. Try the MEEI M6 $20 for a cheap pair of IEM that come with memory wire for a good fit. Try the Shure SE215 if you want a good amount of bass and build quality for $100

I've had my Beats Studios for a good 3 years now & running. Thanks to NT of course putting me on to the refurb site, then bought a new pair from Best Buy and switched them out. Anyhoo, I feel like I've outgrown the styling on them and want something with equally good, or better sound. I'm not exactly an audiophile so the Beats were pretty damn good imo. Those V-Modas are looking like my next move.

Question to any audiophiles, or anyone that knows: If I were to purchase the M-100 model, using it mainly with my iPod, is there any benefit to getting an amp to go along with it?

From what I read no. No need to amp the V-Moda M100, it is pretty self-sufficient and low impedance.

Anybody own the wireless Studio Beats? How are they?

The new beats I heard had an improved sound quality and build quality but still overprice for what you are getting. Like I said before, wireless headphones usually don't have great sound quality compared to wired headphones, compounded to these headphones being beats, I wouldn't buy them. Check out the Logitech UE6000, they look great and usually on sale @ Tigerdirect for $100 or $150 on Amazon.

im lookin at the Sennheiser Momentums...anybody have these and have any feedback?

I'm not a seasoned audiophile by any means but I really liked these headphones when I demoed them @ Bestbuy. Not much bass compared to the M-100 but a great all around headphone with great styling to beat. I would go to a bestbuy that has a magnolia center and demo them if they have them to judge for yourself. Check out the B&W P7 as well, they look great and have good reviews as well.

Last edited:
im lookin at the Sennheiser Momentums...anybody have these and have any feedback?
I tried these on before I settled on my AKG's. Not bad overall. Pretty clear sound, rich bass that didn't overpower the higher registers. Ultimately didn't choose it because soundscape was on the narrow side, and the instrumental spacing (i.e. how 3D the sounds are) wasn't as top-notch as I would've liked. Not really a fan of on-ear headphones though (much rather prefer around-ear), since they usually get uncomfortable after a while. Overall, if you're upgrading from iPod headphones or the such, it'll be amazing, but there are better cans in that price range, IMO.

Thanks for the reply Y4BBZY Y4BBZY , there's so many options I've come across, just on this Sunday afternoon. Gonna have to try some of these out.

Back
Top Bottom