NT what Headphones you rock?

Good looks Yabbz and Meyer...yea I'm really not all up on the finer and technical aspects of headphones so appreciate it...just tryin to get some nice ones for around 200-225

So as I said I was looking at the Sennheiser Momentum's but the cheaper on ear versions. Copped a pair off electronic bay for the retail price of 229 from a legit seller. Got em today and they sent the better over ear versions which are like $100 more. I ain't even mad! :pimp: Lovin em so far

Last edited:
Would the ATH-M50s be good for walking around while listening to music/podcasts? I know they could be a hassle because of their size, but I'm willing to tolerate it.

Edit:

Specifically the coiled cable ones.

Last edited:
Would the ATH-M50s be good for walking around while listening to music/podcasts? I know they could be a hassle because of their size, but I'm willing to tolerate it.

Edit:

Coiled version, no

I love my ATH-M50's but because of the size and the 10ft cord they're just not an option in a public setting. I usually stick with the apple ear buds.

Anybody own the wireless Studio Beats? How are they?

I copped the beats wireless (the step below wireless studios) and they are good. The bass is soul shaking, maybe too much for me actually, the highs are decent and the mids are somewhat muddy. I'm nowhere near an audiophile so someone let me know ifI can get something better for the money.

Just got my M-100's. Maybe it's because I'm used to cheap headphones but they sound like normal headphones.

Edit:

Coiled version, no
What about the straight cord? I heard those are even longer.
The straight cord is probably taller than you so i would suggest to get the coiled one

The comfort on these are great. Headphones usually irritate my ears but I can wear these for hours

Last edited:

nexusae0_1612.png

just copped these yesterday and these are the best headphones I've had. deep bass and sound, loud and comfortable $50-$60 price range. I got them for $25 though bc of a discount.

hopefully they last a long time.

Edit:

Coiled version, no

Edit:

Coiled version, no
The straight cord is probably taller than you so i would suggest to get the coiled one

The comfort on these are great. Headphones usually irritate my ears but I can wear these for hours

They are longer but you can braid the cord to shorten the length. These type of headphones are not really not meant to be for portable use and are not marketed as such. They are marketed for studio monitoring and thus the need for a lengthy cord. The coiled cord are pretty heavy compared to the straight cord version of these headphones and therefore make it a pain to walk around in. Plus I don't like the extra stress where the cord meets the base of the headphone when walking.

If you want something to cheap to walk around in, buy the Koss PortaPro and get the M50S for stationary use.

@JYabbz
 Can you give some feedback on Koss MV1 Professional Studio Stereophone?

Unfortunately I cannot. I only have the DJ Pro100.

Just got my M-100's. Maybe it's because I'm used to cheap headphones but they sound like normal headphones.

They might need some time to burn in for the drivers to loosen. But if you can't really hear the difference, I would return them and get something else as your ears haven't been accustomed to a higher quality of headphones yet. The Logitech UE6000 are 1/3rd the price of the M-100 and look great as well.

Any recommendations on a good set of headphones? Limit is $100. Looked at the Shure srh440, m50's, Hd280's. Haven't listened to any of them and don't really have that option. I don't really need a bass heavy headphone, just looking for a good all around headphone. Thanks!

UE6000, they are usually around $100 @ Tigerdirect and look very stylish and very portable.

M50S are good if you can grab them for under $100 but they are not portable at all.

V-Moda M-80/V-80 are good on-ear headphones/portable and better than the solo hd. They are around $120 on amazon.

Other good headphones under $100 -- Koss DJ Pro100, Koss PortaPro, Superlux 681 EVO, Alessandro MS1i (great for rock), Grado SR60i/SR80i (great for rock)

Whatever you decide, avoid Bose and Beats headphones. Overpriced fashion accessories for what they are.

Back
Top Bottom