NT what Headphones you rock?

Audez'e LCD-3, Sennheiser HD800, STAX SR-009, Sennheiser HE90, Sony MDR-R10. Post pics on what you pick up.
will do when I make my purchase.
good looking out. repped. I remember a while back an nter said he was starting a headphone company. are his joints any good?

Audez'e LCD-3, Sennheiser HD800, STAX SR-009, Sennheiser HE90, Sony MDR-R10. Post pics on what you pick up.

will do when I make my purchase.

good looking out. repped. I remember a while back an nter said he was starting a headphone company. are his joints any good?

no problem. IDK about an NTer starting a headphone company but I would be wary until a reputable reviewer/site reviews the product. don't forget to get an amp and dac for those headphones. also make sure to get some high quality music files like alac/flac and a quality source before spending that much cash on those headphones. do some research you invest that much money brah. headfi is a great source for info.

no problem. IDK about an NTer starting a headphone company but I would be wary until a reputable reviewer/site reviews the product. don't forget to get an amp and dac for those headphones. also make sure to get some high quality music files like alac/flac and a quality source before spending that much cash on those headphones. do some research you invest that much money brah. headfi is a great source for info.
will do. once again 'preciate the info.

Grado x Bushmill Closed Headphones $399 (sold out)

bushmills-x-grado.jpg

Side note - just got the Grado SR225i, defintely :smokin . Got to burn them in now.

Just recently sold my Beats Pro headphones.

Overall they are a great performance wise. But for everyday use, not my cup of tea. They become very heavy and at times are uncomfortable. However, since I started working at Beats I've been able to really test a few of the models on a daily basis. I must say the studio 2.0 is very impressive; Noise Cancellation, very comfortable, and the sound quality is great.

Not sure how many on NT are willing to shell out $300 for a pair of headphones or even $380 for the new wireless model but if you are I suggest at least checking them out.

Just recently sold my Beats Pro headphones.

Overall they are a great performance wise. But for everyday use, not my cup of tea. They become very heavy and at times are uncomfortable. However, since I started working at Beats I've been able to really test a few of the models on a daily basis. I must say the studio 2.0 is very impressive; Noise Cancellation, very comfortable, and the sound quality is great.

Not sure how many on NT are willing to shell out $300 for a pair of headphones or even $380 for the new wireless model but if you are I suggest at least checking them out.

Talking about these right? They are leaps and bonds better than the original studio version. The cushion, they fixed the inevitable headband break, noise canceling, rechargeable battery, and the sound is definitely clearer. I got them for $150 on Black Friday and I'm happy with them.

What's the best on or over ear I can get for $100? Monster has some refurb NTunes on their official eBay for $50, or some DNAs for $75 and I can add 2 yr SquareTrade for $10 more seems like a good deal. I might just grab these Nakimichi's or the Radio Shack Muvi's with the line in controls and mic for $10

Last edited:
What's the best on or over ear I can get for $100? Monster has some refurb NTunes on their official eBay for $50, or some DNAs for $75 and I can add 2 yr SquareTrade for $10 more seems like a good deal.

No on Monster or Beats. Unless you are buying the Beats as a status symbol or glorified fashion accessory, do not buy Beats.

The V-Moda M-80/V-80 (on-ear) @ Amazon or the Logitech UE6000 (over-ear) @ Tigerdirect are great for the price. I think the UE6000 offer active noise cancellation and look good IMO. Skip the DNAs.

If you like rock and don't care about sound leakage, grab a pair of Grado SR80i. They are made in Brooklyn and sound great for the price. Only thing is that they are not that portable but they are great for home use.

Hope that helps papi.

Yea thanks. I am very anti hypebeast bro. I started a thread called what's the difference between Polo and US Polo Assn? :lol:

Last edited:
what are some good headphones, ear buds. $100 is my limit.
im looking for sound quality and can good quality.

what are some good headphones, ear buds. $100 is my limit.
im looking for sound quality and can good quality.

Skip the earbuds and grab some IEMs. Shure SE215, I love mine and quality trumps the klipsch IEMs. Check out MEEI a151/a161.

How do you like the Ultimate Ears?

I like them so far. It's cool that even thou it needs batteries for the noise cancelling it can operate without them. Also, the only thing the noise cancelling switch does is make them louder.

The headphone I have are:

Bose MIE2i - For everyday walking around
Jaybird Bluebuds X - For the Gym
Logitech UE6000 - For Home

I have the beats wireless and I don't think I'm satisfied enough for them to be 260. Any other recommendations for wireless over the ear joints?

The lows are dynamic but the mids and highs are a little muddy on certain songs. I listen to everything from beethoven to boosie. I don't feel like going through 20 pages. I know I want wireless over the ear for under 270.

Nothing wrong with Beats people just love their elitist mindset :rolleyes :lol:, let people use what they want. The Studio 2.0s that just came out in September are good they fixed a lot of problems from the original version.

All the info in here & y'all still rockin dre beats? :lol:
What's wrong with beats?

If you need to ask than you are one of the many people that were duped into thinking $100 headphones are worth $300. If you like mediocre quality control, sub-par sound for the price, over-powering bass, and loud colors than by all means there is nothing wrong with the beats. The only thing that the beats did well was that they brought out more competition to the audio department. With headphones like the UE6000, Creative Aurvana Live, ATH-M50s, XB500, V-Moda M-80s costing only 1/3rd the price of the beats. I really can't see anyone buying them other than they were caught in the marketing hype or are only getting them as glorified fashion accessories to wear around their necks. Heck a pair of high quality fugazzi Beats are well under $100 and sound the same if not better than the original Beats.

If you are going to spend $300 on portable headphones, just buy the V-Moda M-100, Sennheiser Momentum, B&W P7, KEF M500 which all sound great, look great, and are built great.

Last edited:
I already mentioned it but I bought the Sennheiser Momentum on ears on ebay for 229.99 and the seller sent me the $350 over ears. Build and sound quality is amazing on those. So if anyone is interested you might be able to get the $350 Momentums for $150 less because he also dropped the price to $205. His store's sticker on the box was mislabled as on ears so I lucked out

If you need to ask than you are one of the many people that were duped into thinking $100 headphones are worth $300. If you like mediocre quality control, sub-par sound for the price, over-powering bass, and loud colors than by all means there is nothing wrong with the beats. The only thing that the beats did well was that they brought out more competition to the audio department. With headphones like the UE6000, Creative Aurvana Live, ATH-M50s, XB500, V-Moda M-80s costing only 1/3rd the price of the beats. I really can't see anyone buying them other than they were caught in the marketing hype or are only getting them as glorified fashion accessories to wear around their necks. Heck a pair of high quality fugazzi Beats are well under $100 and sound the same if not better than the original Beats.

If you are going to spend $300 on portable headphones, just buy the V-Moda M-100, Sennheiser Momentum, B&W P7, KEF M500 which all sound great, look great, and are built great.

You audio snobs are funny.

I love the way you guys turn your nose up at what other people decide to do with their money.

Most people would be just as happy with a pair of $40 Skull Candy's as they would be a more expensive brand. So who cares if they buy it for fashion or because everyone else has them. Some people like bass.

And I really don't understand where the anger and attitude comes from. At headfi I'm shocked dudes don't have aneurisms.

Back
Top Bottom