NT what's your current job ?

just applied at lids
pimp.gif

hopefully they holla at me.

-Fulltime Student
-Receptionist at a doctors office
-Work with autistic kids at this school/daycare

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Work for the District of Columbia.  I provide Alternatives to Juvenile Detention for D.C. Juveniles both Pre-Disposition and Post-Disposition.  I love what I do as it provides interaction with the juveniles.  Plus I spent 4 years of college and 3 years of grad school preparing for this so it was worth it.  

Downside is that Mayor Fenty is discussing layoffs and furloughs
frown.gif

How do you like this?  Are you the dude that got the B.A. in Criminology, and a Masters in Public Administration?  I spent about 5 months interning with the public defender, conducting pre trial interviews at juvenile hall.  I really enjoyed it.  I tried getting a job with the Probation Department as a Juvenile Corrections Officer but my background got me disqualified.    

worked at circuit city till it closed down haven't had a job since. I applied for 3 job no luck so i been trapin for like a year now with 1017 brick squad

Sears, Merchandise pick up, just graduated college with a bachelors in CIS looking for a better job, no replies yet for my apps tho..... searching for a job is worse when you went to school n still cant find a job
smh.gif

Originally Posted by wsupjs

Graduate Student

On the side I help companies build their Marketing Plans.... marketing research, design, the works.

Also do some day trading to pay the bills.
How do you do those types of jobs on the side? Is that more of a freelance type of work or is it an on-call type of thing? I ask because you and I have very, very similar skill sets and if I can get something going on the side then that'd be a great help.

Originally Posted by siksee

copywriter
What type of copywriter my man? Web, print? Is that with a marketing firm, or an in-house marketing department?

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

you should follow me on twitter, sometimes I post ludicrous answers that I get when I grade papers
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

i bet that's interesting.

poor kids
frown.gif
  j/k
nerd.gif

Working as a resident advisor/ website programming for companies in the area until I graduate and enter the Service Oriented Architecture department of a top global consulting firm...

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I'm a Systems Operations Manager at a Managed Services company.
Hmmm what company? I do LAN Administration, and I am a student.

Originally Posted by Vsano

Project Manager
Architectural Office

not so happy w/ current job though

why so sir? is it hard to find architecture related jobs in the us?

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Work for the District of Columbia.  I provide Alternatives to Juvenile Detention for D.C. Juveniles both Pre-Disposition and Post-Disposition.  I love what I do as it provides interaction with the juveniles.  Plus I spent 4 years of college and 3 years of grad school preparing for this so it was worth it.  

Downside is that Mayor Fenty is discussing layoffs and furloughs
frown.gif

How do you like this?  Are you the dude that got the B.A. in Criminology, and a Masters in Public Administration?  I spent about 5 months interning with the public defender, conducting pre trial interviews at juvenile hall.  I really enjoyed it.  I tried getting a job with the Probation Department as a Juvenile Corrections Officer but my background got me disqualified.    
BINGO!

Yeah I got my B.S. in Criminal Justice actually and my Master's in Public Administration.  Sorry to hear about your disqualification.  How did you get disqualified if you dont mind me asking?? 

As far as my job, I like it a lot.  Being able to interact with the juveniles, especially if they are sentenced at the Detention Center and are about to be released in the community, they really have a 100% turnaround and STAY OUT OF TROUBLE.  All they need is guidance, and an ear they can talk off.
grin.gif
Why dont you try taking the test for DJS in the State of MD?

Back
Top Bottom