Nt why do men cheat?

why do men cheat? because they know they can get away with it and because we women make excuses for why it's acceptable behavior and let them get away withit and come back to us after they've done their dirty work, telling ourselves that they can't help it, cause they cant or dare say wont fight thetemptation. why do women cheat? because men started it and we're curious about other men too. bottom line cheating is wrong regardless of heart or"head" it's wrong. but hey infidelity is as old as time itself, so i guess there's no point in trying to figure out why, it is what it is.sad but true.

We are a promiscuous species by nature. Marriage and monogamy is going against the grain. Being natural doesn't make it wrong or right. That is leftwith your subjective value system.

tell her you was thinkin with your other head.
pimp.gif

theres a hormone in men that give us the temptation to cheat.
its just up to the man to fight the temptation or not.

Originally Posted by Jabawokee

I cheated on my girl and she won't talk to me unless I give her a reason why. Honestly, I can't think of a reason. Yeah I was drunk but the girl wasn't even worth cheating on my girl with. I don't know why I did it...

its like having a whip, even though its mean you wouldn't mind driving some crazy foreign 2009 beast either.

Originally Posted by dunks87

why do men cheat? because they know they can get away with it and because we women make excuses for why it's acceptable behavior and let them get away with it and come back to us after they've done their dirty work, telling ourselves that they can't help it, cause they cant or dare say wont fight the temptation. why do women cheat? because men started it and we're curious about other men too. bottom line cheating is wrong regardless of heart or "head" it's wrong. but hey infidelity is as old as time itself, so i guess there's no point in trying to figure out why, it is what it is. sad but true.
i am not making excuses for anyone. i'm just telling it like it is. people can take facts and use them however they like.... they can use itto make an excuse like "oh he can't help it he has a penis so i'll stay with him" or they can be like " i understand WHY this happened,but i have enough self respect to detach myself from a person that has no respect for me"

cheating is wrong but this isn't about cheating, it's about seeing things in other perspectives and UNDERSTANDING where another person is coming from.

idk if that makes sense to you. i can't really find words to define how i think sometimes.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Originally Posted by dunks87

why do men cheat? because they know they can get away with it and because we women make excuses for why it's acceptable behavior and let them get away with it and come back to us after they've done their dirty work, telling ourselves that they can't help it, cause they cant or dare say wont fight the temptation. why do women cheat? because men started it and we're curious about other men too. bottom line cheating is wrong regardless of heart or "head" it's wrong. but hey infidelity is as old as time itself, so i guess there's no point in trying to figure out why, it is what it is. sad but true.
i am not making excuses for anyone. i'm just telling it like it is. people can take facts and use them however they like.... they can use it to make an excuse like "oh he can't help it he has a penis so i'll stay with him" or they can be like " i understand WHY this happened, but i have enough self respect to detach myself from a person that has no respect for me"

cheating is wrong but this isn't about cheating, it's about seeing things in other perspectives and UNDERSTANDING where another person is coming from.

idk if that makes sense to you. i can't really find words to define how i think sometimes.

i get what you're saying. i was just explaining the typical female's rationale for why they choose to forgive their man for cheating. don't get mewrong if i had a boyfriend and he cheated on me best believe that would be a WRAP. but i try to see other people's perspective for why cheating is orisn't acceptable or their logic behind why they do it, i just don't agree with their reason.
i feel if you're truly happy with the person you're with there should be no reason nor excuse for cheating on them. if my boyfriend wanted to cheat onme i would prefer he just break up with me, because many times it's not cheating that causes the break up its dishonesty and lost of trust. once i losetrust in a person we're as good as done anyway.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

because many times it's not cheating that causes the break up its dishonesty and loss of trust.
bingooooooo

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Dont give her that "it's in my nature" answer either... All that's gonna do is assure to her that "it's in your nature" and that you're always going to be a cheater. First off, you need to look her dead in the eyes with a straight face and appologise to her and let her know that you have LEARNED something from doing it and that you will never do it again. Second, be HONEST with her and tell her exactly why you did it. And if it's "because I wanted to #!*% that *@%%%" then let her know. Women People appreciate honesty more than you might know and from there, that's all you can do.

The only reason it is considered "cheating" is due to our so called "evolution"

Your statement implies that other cultures that do not glorify monogamy are less evolved, or lower functioning, a statement I find disturbing.

*waits for my dude Super Antigen*
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...As much as i would love to share my thoughts on this subject, i have more pressing matters to deal with at this point in time (UCONN Final ExamsFTL) and i know the min i start adding to the discussion, i wont be able to stop...

Besides, if there's one thing i've learned, it's that discussion like these are circuitous. You can present all the scientifically proven facts and people will still hold on to their opinions...people just cant be objective about the situationso that makes for an even tougher discussion...

But one thing i will address though is this...
...and this even applies to the whole purpose of the thread, which is to answer the question "why do men cheat". What I'm going tosay is purely my opinion--no science here, but just what I've observed in my 22 years observing people.

I feel like men are unfairly demonized in situations like these. I know what you're thinking right now though-- "well men are blamed in suchsituations because they are almost often the initiators in the many extra-marital trysts that happen"...

But consider this--for every man that cheated, there was a woman (or more) that accomodated that sort of behavior. This is of course in reference to aheterosexual relationship. So the question should not solely be why do men cheat, but rather why do women let men cheat because, as previously pointed out, forevery man that cheated--there was a female that went right along with said encounter (in a heterosexual relationship). And that's my non-scientific opinionon why a man cheats--because there are women who condone it. Simply stated, dont blame the man--he is at fault, but the blame is not his alone...

A few things to consider:
AT the heart of all long-term relationships lies a fundamental deception, scientists say today. Women stay with men for security, and men remain with women for sex.

Researchers in Holland and Sweden say in New Scientist that the deception is the driving force behind the evolution of monogamy. By offering sex all the time, they say, females in monogamous species, such as humans, birds and porcupines, disguise whether they are fertile and trick males into staying.
Evolutionarily speaking, males today are mostly the offspring of the most highly sexual males. And the females of today derive from the ones most able to look after their children successfully.

The females, of course, would also have benefited considerably by successfully manipulating males to look after them and their children. And so one can surmise that today's women are the offspring of the best manipulators in town!

(As if we didn't know.)

And, of course, if monogamy was truly an innately-predisposed biological 'imperative' for human survival, then societies would hardly need fairly draconian cultural laws such as those relating to marriage - and commitment. %$$* Sapiens would simply fall into 'marriage' - like some of those monogamous birds!

And if men were innately monogamous, societies would also not have so many problems caused by those seemingly insatiable sex drives that make many men do the stupidest - and often most criminal - of things.

Males are not monogamous biologically. And it would NOT have been evolutionarily advantageous for them to be so. After generations of 'hominids' (2 million years of them perhaps) the 'monogamous gene' would have been statistically washed away by the 'genes for philanderers and rapists'!

In recent times, however, (20,000 years - where evolution can have had little impact IN THIS AREA) men have been forced to be monogamous by many societies that wanted to be strong and that needed to maintain certain beliefs (often religious) in order to protect that strength.

In the future, however, humans will probably arrange matters so that many more females than males are born.

And then we will see how truly monogamous men are!

LOL!

Not my words...but ^^^^ is just another face of the truth...

BTW, dunks, we should grab a cup of coffee sometime and discuss our future together. I promise to abandon my biological nature as a man and never cheat onyou...
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Wish me luck on my finals...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom