NT, why do upstairs neighbors walk so much?

for a minute my girl and i were the only people living here, all of sudden we had people downstairs then next door to them then next to us..

the downstairs neighbors kids sound like they are crawling in our damn walls, and when they have sex homegirl sounds like shes getting murdered..

Tyrone got ya girl? :nerd:

THIS

I hate white noise.

When it's quiet at dinner, I don't want to hear you chewing. When I'm watching a movie I don't need to hear your popcorn rustling and crunching in your mouth, and why the hell do people feel the need to repeat every word they say in the movie? When I'm reading, you shouldn't be playing angry birds at a high volume. When I'm testing, why the hell are you tapping your feet so damn loud?

I I sound like a jerk, and if hating small annoying noises makes me a jerk then I'll gladly take the name. I refuse to go out with people because they make so many noises. I only go out with a select few people :lol:

YNS

Being on the top floor :smokin

Knowing that the neighbors can hear my girl and I having sex :pimp:

Last edited:
Was in apartments for YEARS! Always had bottom floors because of kids.

never really experienced problems with upstairs tenants... either that or we just didn't notice/care.

so glad to be in a house now. :nthat:

I walk around with my headphones on, so I have no problem with footsteps or anything. But white noise when I'm watching a movie or reading pisses me off

:smh:

We should all invest in an NT Mansion

Last edited:
It always seems to happen at the most inconvenient time whe you want to nap or crash for the night. Even worse if there are kids.

my gf and i walk around 40 miles each in our little apartment everyday trying to put our newborn baby to sleep. i don't even bother with cardio at the gym anymore :smh:

LOL you guys are too much. I live in a bottom floor apartment and experience the same **** with hearing footsteps in the upstairs apartments.

But wtf are they supposed to do? Crawl around their apartment though? lol. 

Feel you unequivocally op. With the jumping and stomping I would hazard that there was a gym above me.

Ya buildings must be made of the same cheap cardboard jb uses as insoles now n days cause my neighbors have 7 kids and a pit and I don't hear a dam thing

LOL you guys are too much. I live in a bottom floor apartment and experience the same **** with hearing footsteps in the upstairs apartments.

But wtf are they supposed to do? Crawl around their apartment though? lol. 

There's a difference between walking and stomping. Some people happen to be heel planters/heavy walkers and that's the **** that most people can't stand. As far as approaching someone about walking less, I wouldn't do it because it's normal noise.

Last edited:
I finally figured out why it sounds like my damn upstairs neighbors are always re-arranging their furniture.

It's the sound of them pulling and pushing their dinner table chairs.

for a minute my girl and i were the only people living here, all of sudden we had people downstairs then next door to them then next to us..

the downstairs neighbors kids sound like they are crawling in our damn walls, and when they have sex homegirl sounds like shes getting murdered..

Tyrone got ya girl? :nerd:

Hwat? Naw he's some little cholo dude, I think he puts it in her butt.

He's a lil fellow and dogged the hell out of me one time she said hi to me
And I could hear him fighting with her tellin her you want to UFFF him Huh?

Just picture dude from next Friday with the pit bull sayin that..

I'm mindful as hell when I walk but the cool thing is that they are hardly here,
But as soon as they would wake up it seemed like they would just start slamming doors throwing stuff the kids will be crying and screaming and the couple would be fighting,
I don't understand how they can fight everyday and still have ish to fight about..
These aren't little arguments either, sounds like someone is just going to snap any minute.
I have a terrible feeling that these morons are going to set their place on fire and we will be fudged too..:rolleyes

I live on the 2nd floor of my building so I can relate. Fat people and teenagers walk like elephants. According to NYC law, apartments must have 75% of the apartment carpeted or covered with rugs. It helps diminish the noise of stomping tenants and their music.

So if you live in a residential building that is registered with the DHCR, which is most buildings in NYC, then you as the tenant have the right to enforce this law. Dont be afraid to tell your building/property manager about the carpeting and the noise complaints. You can always file a complaint on teir official website.

Living in a college town in an apartment is no bueno, I knew to expect some type of noise from the jump but I deadass think my upstairs neighbors are furniture movers sometimes. Good thread, I've had the same questions and thoughts. These kids move about relentlessly :x

Last year, when I spoke to them and suggested that they try walking lighter, or spacing out their steps to reduce the noise, they looked at me like I was insane. I used to let that noise drive me crazy, I took brooms to the ceiling on numerous occasions, tried to speak to them cats face-to-face, almost gave one of the guys upstairs a beatdown and had the cops called on me.

That was last year though. I've gotten over it and have embraced it now. Actually there's a bit of role reversal. I got some 240 watt speakers that rumble their unit above me. They've come to me with complaints a couple times already :pimp:

Feels kinda good now. I hear em stomping with aggression, almost like it's out of spite, but I can drown that **** out easily.

Living in a college town in an apartment is no bueno, I knew to expect some type of noise from the jump but I deadass think my upstairs neighbors are furniture movers sometimes. Good thread, I've had the same questions and thoughts. These kids move about relentlessly :x

Last year, when I spoke to them and suggested that they try walking lighter, or spacing out their steps to reduce the noise, they looked at me like I was insane. I used to let that noise drive me crazy, I took brooms to the ceiling on numerous occasions, tried to speak to them cats face-to-face, almost gave one of the guys upstairs a beatdown and had the cops called on me.

That was last year though. I've gotten over it and have embraced it now. Actually there's a bit of role reversal. I got some 240 watt speakers that rumble their unit above me. They've come to me with complaints a couple times already :pimp:

Feels kinda good now. I hear em stomping with aggression, almost like it's out of spite, but I can drown that **** out easily.

:rofl: Yeah, as a college student I honestly never even considered upstairs footfall noise but now it's just :smh: Downstairs apartment = never again

Back
Top Bottom